Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Its been mentioned already, but 'JO SWINSON'S LIBERAL DEMOCRATS' are sending me a flyer every single day. 

I don't know what their policy is on environmental issues (let's be honest, the best position of the third party when the two main ones are a mess is to keep your mouth shut and not look stupid... how's that going Jo?)... anyway I don't know their policy on it, but unless it involves cutting down endless trees to shove crap leaflets through our doors every single day then they are lying. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Its been mentioned already, but 'JO SWINSON'S LIBERAL DEMOCRATS' are sending me a flyer every single day. 

I don't know what their policy is on environmental issues (let's be honest, the best position of the third party when the two main ones are a mess is to keep your mouth shut and not look stupid... how's that going Jo?)... anyway I don't know their policy on it, but unless it involves cutting down endless trees to shove crap leaflets through our doors every single day then they are lying. 

I’m quite lucky, I live on a new build and it seems we’ve not been discovered by any party yet.

No flyers at all.

25 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Bit pedantic but people who type and put a RANDOM word in all capitals. Don't know why but it pisses me off

Think it’s for EMPHASIS, you should get ANGRY at something so TRIVIAL. 

😆

Infecting your devices as the price of watching a stream.

At the weekend I was visiting Leicester. 

No chance of tickets at such late notice so I agreed to meet up with my 14 year old nephew and watch the City game online with him. 

Because the streams were, for the first time in ages, so awful on Saturday, I went on some pretty ropey websites on my phone to find one. 

Since then, I have been bombarded with pop up notifications for "local" women who apparently want to meet up, with pictures of them (but almost certainly *not* them) sitting around in their pants. In December.  

The adverts within Foxestalk on my phone have changed from DIY items and holidays to Anne Summers. I prefer the former.  At least I know what to do with a cordless drill or a cruise in the med.

I've had to turn off my Chrome notifications, I was getting so much pop up rubbish. 

I'm seriously thinking of just deleting all my content and Apps and restoring factory settings.

Or taking a, long trek to an active volcano accompanied bu a Hobbit and throwing my phone handset into the caldera. 

:mad:

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see some Institutions break from UCAS. Coventry will be first. 

Bonkers though.  You can't apply without them. It'll take a decent number to break off or you'd potentially see a fall in applicants to that uni

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Bonkers though.  You can't apply without them. It'll take a decent number to break off or you'd potentially see a fall in applicants to that uni

Not necessarily. The Institution potentially wants to save the annual fee, circumvent regulations and assume carte blanche over its recruitment practices. It's the sort of 'disruptive innovation' that they like to believe defines them as an Institution. They want to transform the landscape of Higher Education. It's possibly the most corporate lead of all the Modern Universities. Watch this space. 

13 hours ago, Vacamion said:

No chance of tickets at such late notice so I agreed to meet up with my 14 year old nephew and watch the City game online with him. 

Because the streams were, for the first time in ages, so awful on Saturday, I went on some pretty ropey websites on my phone to find one. 

Since then, I have been bombarded with pop up notifications for "local" women who apparently want to meet up, with pictures of them (but almost certainly *not* them) sitting around in their pants. In December.  

The adverts within Foxestalk on my phone have changed from DIY items and holidays to Anne Summers. I prefer the former.  At least I know what to do with a cordless drill or a cruise in the med.

I've had to turn off my Chrome notifications, I was getting so much pop up rubbish. 

I'm seriously thinking of just deleting all my content and Apps and restoring factory settings.

Or taking a, long trek to an active volcano accompanied bu a Hobbit and throwing my phone handset into the caldera. 

Is there a difference ? 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Sounds like a win/win

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

When broadcasters on Boxing Day show the results on Boxing Day 1963 when there was a 10-1, 2-8, 4-4 and 2 6-1s expecting viewers to be impressed and amazed despite the fact we're reminded of this every fvckin year...

yeah I think the shock factor has lost its value lol