Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

10 hours ago, SystonFox said:

People who come screaming up behind you in any lane of a motorway/dual carriageway flashing at you to get out the way. **** off you ain’t the po po.

now I’m sure some may say it could be a matter of life or death etc but I am not to know this so don’t endanger fellow road users by driving like a see you next Tuesday

Hate this. Even worse when they start flashing you but there's no opportunity to change lanes because there's another fvcking car next to you lol

Stuff getting moved out of the main forum into general sport that really is Leicester related. 

General Sport Section:

"Everything in the sports world that is non-Leicester related"

Clearly discussion around former players and managers can be Leicester related. Given the main forum is filled with 90% absolute shit it's not like there's a shortage of space.

• Haha 1

Guest seanfox778
7 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Virgin charging an extra £2 for HD on top of the scandalous £25 for Ruiz v Joshua 2

That is a bit cheeky! HD should be the norm nowadays and if someone wants it in lower quality they should get £2 taken off the £25. 

On 06/12/2019 at 22:30, SystonFox said:

People who come screaming up behind you in any lane of a motorway/dual carriageway flashing at you to get out the way. **** off you ain’t the po po.

now I’m sure some may say it could be a matter of life or death etc but I am not to know this so don’t endanger fellow road users by driving like a see you next Tuesday

On 07/12/2019 at 08:51, StanSP said:

Hate this. Even worse when they start flashing you but there's no opportunity to change lanes because there's another fvcking car next to you lol

If the lane inside is clear, move in, let them pass.

No point being an arse about it.

Of course if you can't move in safely then bolllocks to them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Oh of course. If there's space I don't want to get caught up in their speedy frenzy and would rather be further away from them before they get caught up in something dangerous, so I'll pull across in to the inside lane(s).

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

This should always be the case regardless. Stay in the left lane unless over taking.

but lately I have noticed a lot of road users flashing people, particularly in the “fast lane” of the motorway to get out their way. Flashing someone won’t help is all I’m saying. It just makes you look a praet

On 06/12/2019 at 22:30, SystonFox said:

I was driving down the A6 the other week at about 8pm, towards Birstall from Loughborough. I was in the left hand lane when someone starts driving really close behind me. There's plenty of room to go past in the right hand lane, but didn't. After a while I thought I can't let him sit that close and sped up a little, and he matched it. So I sped up a little more and he matched it. I eventually hit around 90mph (I know too fast!) and he still matched it. Eventually he took one of the junctions off and as he did he flashed his headlights lights at me. I don't what I'm supposed to have done wrong to piss him off, unless he wanted me to move over so he could undertake me?

On 07/12/2019 at 08:51, StanSP said:

if there’s another car inside you then surely you are in the wrong? the whole point of being in any lane other than the inside lane is to overtake, and if you aren’t overtaking the car inside you then you’re getting a right set of lights up your arse as far as i’m concerned. get out the fu cking way. 

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

if there’s another car inside you then surely you are in the wrong? the whole point of being in any lane other than the inside lane is to overtake, and if you aren’t overtaking the car inside you then you’re getting a right set of lights up your arse as far as i’m concerned. get out the fu cking way. 

Yeah but I'm not gonna get on to the middle lane or inside lane if there are cars there am I? I'll wait to do so til it's safe as opposed to being hurried in to it cos some cvnt is flashing behind me. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah but I'm not gonna get on to the middle lane or inside lane if there are cars there am I? I'll wait to do so til it's safe as opposed to being hurried in to it cos some cvnt is flashing behind me. 

but why are you in the outside lane in the first place if you aren't driving fast enough to go past the cars inside you? isn't that literally the sole purpose of the outside lane? 

3 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

but why are you in the outside lane in the first place if you aren't driving fast enough to go past the cars inside you? isn't that literally the sole purpose of the outside lane? 

I've overtaken cars at a legal speed and some cvnt will come behind me at 80-90+ flashing me to move over. 

Just because you're going slower than racer boy behind you doesn't mean you're not in the process of overtaking someone.

You could be overtaking two or three cars or a lorry as well, where it's not a massively quick process.

Edited by Finnaldo

1 minute ago, Finnaldo said:

I've overtaken cars at a legal speed and some cvnt will come behind me at 80-90+ flashing me to move over. 

Just because you're going slower than racer boy behind you doesn't mean you're not in the process of overtaking someone.

nah, not for me. either step on it or get out the outside lane. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ScouseFox said:

nah, not for me. either step on it or get out the outside lane. 

How are you supposed to do that overtaking a lorry or chain of cars?

If someone flashes me I'm more obliged to make it an even slower process.

27 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

Because there may be several cars on inside lanes then the person flashing might be driving considerably faster than anyone else? Hence there being no immediate place to go back inside? 

haha, only a bit. i am actually making a genuine point though, sure people who are going 100 mph and flashing every car in front of them until they move are pretty annoying, but they are nowhere near as big a cu nt (imho) as the ones who go 67 mph in the outside lane because they don't understand how roads work.

obviously there is a middle ground, but if you are in the outside lane and you "can't move across because there is a car inside you", then you obviously aren't overtaking that car, or it wouldn't be there for very long. so you are probably more in the wrong than the guy who wants you to get out the way, and you should do the right thing and get out of the way. that's all i'm saying. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

obviously there is a middle ground, but if you are in the outside lane and you "can't move across because there is a car inside you", then you obviously aren't overtaking that car, or it wouldn't be there for very long. so you are probably more in the wrong than the guy who wants you to get out the way, and you should do the right thing and get out of the way. that's all i'm saying. 

My point is that it's not always just one car in the inside lane that you overtake and then there's nothing. Sometimes you can come across several cars every now and then filling up a lane, and then some impatient knob comes right up to the back of your car just at the time that you come up against cars in the middle lane, so you can't go anywhere while they're flashing you. They have to wait til those cars are passed but they never want to? 

On 09/12/2019 at 12:37, Finnaldo said:

How are you supposed to do that overtaking a lorry or chain of cars?

If someone flashes me I'm more obliged to make it an even slower process.

Tbf if you're struggling to get past a lorry then maybe you shouldn't be in the 2nd lane.

On 09/12/2019 at 17:07, StanSP said:

My point is that it's not always just one car in the inside lane that you overtake and then there's nothing. Sometimes you can come across several cars every now and then filling up a lane, and then some impatient knob comes right up to the back of your car just at the time that you come up against cars in the middle lane, so you can't go anywhere while they're flashing you. They have to wait til those cars are passed but they never want to? 

Tbf again Scouse makes a valid point about the slowvertakers.  So many times they'll pull out when you're about to pass them and there's nobody else behind you too, then proceed to dawdle along at 65 missing multiple opportunities to pull back over.  Now I don't like to flash people who are just driving safely - that's reserved for the twats who force you into evasive action - but I will eventually close the gap a bit and shock horror they tend to discover that they can merge back into the empty road beside them after all.  Easily one of the most infuriating experiences on the road and it's shocking how often it happens, I get it most commutes and I have a black box in my car so I don't drive in anything like an excessive manner (anymore).  Menaces like that are just as bad as the wannabe Schumachers going everywhere at a minimum of 85 and flashing their lights at everyone imo, both think they own the road and both have no apparent regard for other road users, just in different ways. 

To put it simply: If you're going 65, have clear road ahead of you, cars beside you, and another vehicle that was previously travelling faster than 65 behind you, then that car behind isn't necessarily the arsehole in this scenario.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Like 3