Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Expostulating in the match thread.

I’m not talking about the crap “Goal...... [scroll] is what we would like” joke today, and we haven’t suffered from people falsely shouting for goals for quite a while.

No, I’m taking about when Perez missed a chance and someone posted something like “PEREZ !!!!!” and nothing else.

I mean, FFS.  Think about the rest of us.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

I’m not talking about the crap “Goal...... [scroll] is what we would like” joke today, and we haven’t suffered from people falsely shouting for goals for quite a while.

No, I’m taking about when Perez missed a chance and someone posted something like “PEREZ !!!!!” and nothing else.

Ngl 90% of a match thead is absolute AIDS. There's an extent where you kinda get what you deserve just for reading it. 

• Like 4

On 23/11/2019 at 19:18, Vacamion said:

I enjoy following it on here. The first half we are amazing and it's a matter of time before we notch three, the second starts slowly and we've blown it and they'll win 2-0 and Perez should be flogged near the Clock Tower, then he scores and we're sensational again.

People telling everyone the end of the decade is coming...

beat moment of the decade

team of the decade...

best tv show of the decade etc.

The decade ends at the end of 2020 not at the end of 2019!!

FFS it’s a small detail that so many people I usually like and respect get wrong! And it pisses me off no end!!! 

I thought I’d post on here rather than having the same rant in every of the decade thread!

13 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

team of the decade...

FFS it’s a small detail that so many people I usually like and respect get wrong! And it pisses me off no end!!! 

I thought I’d post on here rather than having the same rant in every of the decade thread!

You might be factually correct, but are fighting a losing battle, I think.

Remember all this with the Millennium? People pointing out that the Millennium was really at the end of 2000, not the end of 1999?

Maybe a few people partied on 31st December 2000, but most went for it a year earlier, I think.... :D

13 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

You might be factually correct, but are fighting a losing battle, I think.

Remember all this with the Millennium? People pointing out that the Millennium was really at the end of 2000, not the end of 1999?

Maybe a few people partied on 31st December 2000, but most went for it a year earlier, I think.... :D

Haha you’re right and that’s why I went in this thread rather than responding to each thread individually and getting more worked up about something that really isn’t important, but really does grind my gears.

in other news, you should have been over at my place on December 31 2000, as Prince would say we partied like it was 1999.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

team of the decade...

So does that mean that the 80's only started from 1981 onwards? It kind of is a new decade, the 20's? Genuinely asking as I don't know  

Decade for me is start of year ending in 0 and end of year ending in 9.

The 1980s is a decade. Therefore doesn't include 1990.

The 1990s is a decade. Therefore doesn't include 2000. 

And so on. 

So it is the end of a decade at the end of next month. 

• Like 3

Just now, StanSP said:

And so on. 

Exactly. Nobody says they were born in the 80's and then says they were born in 1990 lol 

36 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

As there was no year 0 and a decade is 10 years, the first decade was year 1 and end at the end of year 10, thus the second decade started at the beginning of year 11.

This then follows on to the present day, with a decade ending at the end of any 0 year.

so youre saying 1990 was in the eighties? jog on pal, it is literally called nineteen ninety. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

As there was no year 0 and a decade is 10 years, the first decade was year 1 and end at the end of year 10, thus the second decade started at the beginning of year 11.

This then follows on to the present day, with a decade ending at the end of any 0 year.

Nah.

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

And so on. 

This, there can be no other sensible argument.

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

It doesn't matter that there was no year 0

The end of the decade is always 31st Dec ***9

If the "dates" started in AD5 for example you wouldn't say thta decades run from ***6 to ***5 would you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

And so on. 

See above. The fact you’ve even had to explain this baffles me no end lol 

• Haha 1