Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Do they know your situation and that you've been waiting for such a long time? If they were reasonable enough maybe they could tolerate and accept your situation and that it's kind of out of your hands unless you wait several weeks/months again, by which time it might only be a few days notice again in which you're giving them?

Yes they understand a bit more now. Just came a bit out of the blue I was told it would be a long wait which was fair enough with everything that’s going on. Put me onto the next waiting list so shouldn’t be too long but requested a bit more notice next time.

I took 4 pieces of flat glass from a greenhouse to the tip. I knew there'd be a charge as it's classed as hardcore but to charge me £3 for each piece really annoyed me. Had I gone 4 times to the tip then OK, but 1 time with what was essentially one load, as I carried all 4 sheets of glass to the skip in one go, is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

I took 4 pieces of flat glass from a greenhouse to the tip. I knew there'd be a charge as it's classed as hardcore but to charge me £3 for each piece really annoyed me. Had I gone 4 times to the tip then OK, but 1 time with what was essentially one load, as I carried all 4 sheets of glass to the skip in one go, is ridiculous.

Since the charges, it all goes in the black bin from now. It's a crazy set-up.

Should have taped it together or put in a bin liner and put in the general waste bin

• Like 1

Tickets, more to the point people complaining about them. So basically this a post complaining about people complaining. :D

I just see loads of people on Twitter complaining about people who believe cup final tickets should be allocated a different way. They mainly seem to be people who have the correct number of points, what are you all complaining about m, the club have said how it’s being done, get happy! 

Gig Ticket prices. ‘I saw them at XYZ fifteen years ago and it was only £14’ Well Dave they’ve got a little bit bigger since then and they’re now playing some major venues with a full crew and all that goes with it, it’s not your Uni Bar from the back of a couple of transits any more mate, pay up or shut up! 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Livid said:

Tickets, more to the point people complaining about them. So basically this a post complaining about people complaining. :D

I just see loads of people on Twitter complaining about people who believe cup final tickets should be allocated a different way. They mainly seem to be people who have the correct number of points, what are you all complaining about m, the club have said how it’s being done, get happy! 

Gig Ticket prices. ‘I saw them at XYZ fifteen years ago and it was only £14’ Well Dave they’ve got a little bit bigger since then and they’re now playing some major venues with a full crew and all that goes with it, it’s not your Uni Bar from the back of a couple of transits any more mate, pay up or shut up! 

Will also only get worse when everything opens back up again

• Like 1

On 03/05/2021 at 15:26, Livid said:

I feel for those (including myself) who are totally accepting of the situation, understanding they won't meet the criteria, but are happy for fellow fans to be able to go should they get lucky and bag a ticket based on their attendance over the years at away games.

Personally I don't get to go to many but on the rare occasion have gone.

Is it enough to get any priority to the FA Cup Final? No.

Do I accept that as fact? Yes.

What I really don't like are those fans with a 'holier than thou' attitude who act as if others who haven't built up such priority (over several years for various reasons, there's never just one which is fair) haven't been 'bothered' about attending games, as if that's the reason for not being able to get to the game next week. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I feel for those (including myself) who are totally accepting of the situation, understanding they won't meet the criteria, but are happy for fellow fans to be able to go should they get lucky and bag a ticket based on their attendance over the years at away games.

Personally I don't get to go to many but on the rare occasion have gone.

Is it enough to get any priority to the FA Cup Final? No.

Do I accept that as fact? Yes.

What I really don't like are those fans with a 'holier than thou' attitude who act as if others who haven't built up such priority (over several years for various reasons, there's never just one which is fair) haven't been 'bothered' about attending games, as if that's the reason for not being able to get to the game next week. 

Pretty much the same I’m gutted it’s this year we’ve decided to go all the way, but I accept it is what it is. 

I’ve got a season ticket the Tigers, I like to take the train which you can never book early enough to get a decent fare without knowing if you’re getting a ticket and then there’s games being moved for TV.

I booked a non refundable train and hotel for Fulham away on my birthday a couple of years ago, was certain to get a ticket and no way TV would pick that game, then sky picked their TV games late and bumped Fulham’s prior game back to Sunday and moved the midweek game back a day. I had a Christmas shopping trip to London. :unsure:

Throw in having to logon from work on a specific day to get your ticket and there’s too many hoops to jump through for me theee days. 

A lot do give off the ‘Fantatical Frank’ vibe  from The Fox fanzine. :D

On 30/04/2021 at 19:40, Parafox said:

I would have told them to do one, take the glass back home with me, and then put it in a couple of bags in the black bin. Mendip are just as bad. They charge £4.35 for a single bag of hardcore, which is usually more than the original aggregate cost. No wonder people get frustrated and dump waste at a gate into a field down some country lane.

I wonder whether there is any objection to putting glass in the right coloured receptacle in the bottle bank. There is no risk to the recycling operators as the bottle receptacles are mechanically lifted. So what could the objection be to whether the glass has come from a window or from a bottle, as long as it is the right colour?

People of a certain so-called minority community, (and yes they are easily identifiable as such) stealing from our and no doubt other, charity shops.

The other thing I've learned is that they pull off the price tags and then present the item to the cashier with a pound coin in their hand as if to suggest the price is £1. Problem is, we can't prove what they've done.

Not sure where this should go but I find it mad that humanity has come together somewhat to try and fight this pandemic that nature has thrown our way. Israel manage to sort it out quite quickly using the vaccines and now there is pointless killing over what is a man made argument.

Such a shame that we're such a self destructive species.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Not sure where this should go but I find it mad that humanity has come together somewhat to try and fight this pandemic that nature has thrown our way. Israel manage to sort it out quite quickly using the vaccines and now there is pointless killing over what is a man made argument.

Such a shame that we're such a self destructive species.

Unfortunately for all our advancements at being able to change the world to suit ourselves, there is still a part of our brains that screams out in the name of short term tribal self interest, and giving into that is where the self destruction often comes from.

Perhaps one day we might get better at dealing with that. We need to.

Guest Harrydc

Hasn't exactly grinded my ears.

However, I went to the Co op for some punk IPAs just to come back and realise I've purchased the alcohol free ones. I disposed the reciept on the way home. 

Evening ruined. 

On 18/05/2021 at 22:28, Corky said:

The Cup Final being played before the end of the season. It seems ridiculous that such a joyous and draining occasion can be enjoyed for a few hours before focusing on another match and players and managers, heroes a few days before, are back to being slagged off and criticised again.

You should be able to revel in it for weeks.

Thank you for this.

I was ecstatic on Saturday, still am, but a match soon after that which severely dented (ended?) another possible feather in our cap was unfortunate.

I don't want to say it has taken the gloss off winning the FA Cup, it hasn't but it would have been great if those fantastic scenes at Wembley were the finale to the season.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

On 12/05/2021 at 17:22, Harrydc said:

Hasn't exactly grinded my ears.

However, I went to the Co op for some punk IPAs just to come back and realise I've purchased the alcohol free ones. I disposed the reciept on the way home. 

Evening ruined. 

All you'd need to do is return them. I doubt they'd kick up a fuss. 

On 18/05/2021 at 22:28, Corky said:

The Cup Final being played before the end of the season. It seems ridiculous that such a joyous and draining occasion can be enjoyed for a few hours before focusing on another match and players and managers, heroes a few days before, are back to being slagged off and criticised again.

You should be able to revel in it for weeks.

It definitely feels like it being played with 2 games left has taken the shine off it somewhat, rather than letting us end the season with a bang. 

Edited by ajthefox