Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Just been declared a "Major incident" down here now. Just took a walk and town is gridlocked, people arriving at 2pm and expecting to park next to the pier and just driving round town trying to park. If Police/Ambulances needed to get anywhere they'd have no chance. 

The beach is rammed 500m either side of the pier, but only proper downright scumbags ever go there anyway. A bit further along it's not actually that bad. Photos I took are too big for FT. Thing is there's nothing anyone in power can do about it. Police can't disperse people, council can't close carparks without passing bylaws if I'm not mistaken. Some of the groups of people down there must have been 50 or more strong, I guess people are just happy enough to risk it now. 

i have absolutely no idea why people do this. I try and plan my holidays and days out specifically to avoid people (even in normal time).  I wouldn't travel to Bournemouth central beach or any other tourist hotspot on a day like today if you paid me.

This is why I go to The Lakes. Even there it can get rammed in places but peope congregate in specific areas. If you just walk a bit you're on your own in no time.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

i have absolutely no idea why people do this. I try and plan my holidays and days out specifically to avoid people (even in normal time).  I wouldn't travel to Bournemouth central beach or any other tourist hotspot on a day like today if you paid me.

This is why I go to The Lakes. Even there it can get rammed in places but peope congregate in specific areas. If you just walk a bit you're on your own in no time.

Completely agree, I am exactly the same, avoid other people at all costs, especially other Brits abroad.

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s obviously because they all cannot get to Benalmádena for their cooked breakfast  :mad:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 indeed 

Actually in all fairness each to their own, be a pretty boring place if we all did the same thing.

Not for me though

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

be a pretty boring place if we all did the same thing.

Would be even more crowded as well.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 indeed 

Actually in all fairness each to their own, be a pretty boring place if we all did the same thing.

Not for me though

You are of course quite correct and I was half joking, but without variation it would be dull and busy everywhere.

But shame on me nonetheless :blush:

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

What annoys me more about it is that, despite them going to visit nice coastal locations for some summer fun, they completely disrespect the area afterwards..:mad:

_113097053_mattpinner2.jpg

Maybe the bins are full?

Even if so the fact that people can't even take it with them home shows why they should have beaches closed.

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

What annoys me more about it is that, despite them going to visit nice coastal locations for some summer fun, they completely disrespect the area afterwards..:mad:

_113097053_mattpinner2.jpg

****s me off that chumps turn up and clear it up voluntarily. Should just leave it for the next day and people can just sit in their own filth. The council couldn't possibly make it any easier for people, there are huge bins the length of the beach that are continuously emptied. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

****s me off that chumps turn up and clear it up voluntarily. Should just leave it for the next day and people can just sit in their own filth. The council couldn't possibly make it any easier for people, there are huge bins the length of the beach that are continuously emptied. 

Part of me wondered if it would be better to leave the rubbish there to put people off attending?

23 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Interviewing people on the news, come from London, Oxford, Birmingham. Fvck off. 

Yeah people on my insta have posted stuff showing that they are there. They live Burton area ****ing idiots.

Not excusing the ***** who leave litter, it does seem to be a character trait of certain British people, finding a bin in this country can sometimes be a joke but it’s no excuse. You don’t really see beaches in Spain full of litter, even if it’s full of brits. More bins, better facilities or do they employ people to walk the beach all day with a carrier bag? If every person just leaves one piece of litter, whether intentional or not and that adds up to a lot of litter. 

large amounts of people together always leaves lots of litter, whether that be the beach, music festival or even a football match. Anyone ever stayed after crowds have gone at the KP, mess is astonishing. Cinemas as well. Winds me up when you see a table left in a restaurant with food everywhere, I’ve got a toddler who can make a mess sometimes when eating but wouldn’t dream of at least making it relatively respectable before I left. 

the numbers at the beach is a reflection on there being nothing else to do for a day out. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

England really has become a scummy place with to many scummy selfish people.

Is there anywhere else as bad or worse?

You could say the US..

Bad/Worse for many different reasons.

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Not excusing the ***** who leave litter, it does seem to be a character trait of certain British people, finding a bin in this country can sometimes be a joke but it’s no excuse. You don’t really see beaches in Spain full of litter, even if it’s full of brits. More bins, better facilities or do they employ people to walk the beach all day with a carrier bag? If every person just leaves one piece of litter, whether intentional or not and that adds up to a lot of litter. 

large amounts of people together always leaves lots of litter, whether that be the beach, music festival or even a football match. Anyone ever stayed after crowds have gone at the KP, mess is astonishing. Cinemas as well. Winds me up when you see a table left in a restaurant with food everywhere, I’ve got a toddler who can make a mess sometimes when eating but wouldn’t dream of at least making it relatively respectable before I left. 

the numbers at the beach is a reflection on there being nothing else to do for a day out. 

It's impossible to walk onto or off the beach without walking past massive banks of open top bins that are emptied throughout the day, granted if everyone put all their rubbish in them they'd overflow but I'd say 95% is just laziness. But I guess when it's not your town it's easier to not give a fvck.

Should make Foreign Holiday destinations,Think again if they want to Open corridors for British Holiday makers....I

Shame it will be....'needs be', that will win the day..!!  Rather shit Touristes than none at all..

Embarrasing....

Litter seems to be a British disease.  Full bins/ no bins is no excuse whatsoever.

I stayed in Paris a few years ago and I noticed there were far fewer bins than your typical British town but there was hardly any litter.

When staying in German town more recently, there was a group of youths sitting around a park bench and there were cans and food wrappings that they dropped whilst there.

I was then amazed to see them pick it all up and take it with them when they left. I doubt you would see that in the UK too often.

I've challanged people here who drop litter many times but, of course, you get told to fvck off with the caveat, 'It gives someone a job'. Errr, no. As we often hear, much litter is collected by volunteers.

I think there should be 'Litter Wardens' with the power to issue a significant fine. Also, none of this if paid within 7 days you pay a reduced amount instead, if not paid within 7 days it is doubled.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yes, leaving your child alone with an aggressive dog is exactly the same as leaving them leaving them sleeping apparently safely only for someone to break in and kidnap them.  Exactly.

Both could of been prevented by supervision and responsible parenting.