Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

8 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ah crap sorry, didn't see when your post was. 

Never been massively into them but I know they're great live so I wanted to see them while I still could. 

They were excellent, really good show. The energy they bring is fantastic, obviously with 9 members there is a lot going on. Good mix of songs from all albums.

Very sore neck now and faint hearing. They are back in August at MK's Bowl bringing their own festival Knotfest. Tempted to go to that now as well.

• Like 1

I seen, was very tempted for the gig in Birmingham, but I have too many financial commitments at the minute and need to start looking after pennies!

Not helped that I just bought MCR tickets this morning.  Mrs really wanted to go, double to price of CTE and I dont even like them. :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

I seen, was very tempted for the gig in Birmingham, but I have too many financial commitments at the minute and need to start looking after pennies!

Not helped that I just bought MCR tickets this morning.  Mrs really wanted to go, double to price of CTE and I dont even like them. :facepalm:

Taking one for the team.

I'm sure they'll be back.

On 30/01/2020 at 12:16, CollinsLCFC said:

Join me in elbowing little kids mate, we will have a ball.

• Haha 1

Got tickets to see a great British soul/funk band called Kokomo. Formed in the 1970's & reunited a few years ago to perform a few gigs including The Royal Albert Hall, & I saw them when they played the Half Moon in Putney in 2016 & loved em ever since. They are playing the same venue 19th & 20th February & apparently a fair few of the original band members will be involved. Can't wait. Drummer geezer from Faithless currently plays with them.

Edited by PutneyFox
  • Like 1

On 30/01/2020 at 11:57, CollinsLCFC said:

Ah jealous of this! Love Cage the Elephant.

Never seen these before but they are supporting Kings of Leon at Finsbury Park on June 28th alongside Courteeners and others. Also in Leeds and Newcastle. 

This year currently have tickets for...

The Dead South

Hayseed Dixie

Elbow

Pink Martini

Half Man Half Biscuit

Bad Religion

Rammstein

Black Crowes

The Levellers

Hoping Springsteen tours but it's not looking likely atm. Tempted by New Model Army at Rock City and Big Country at The Rescue Rooms.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dr Marco said:

I'm jealous!

never had the chance to see Elbow

To be brutally honest I don't know that much. I know a few people  like myself who've just got tickets on the basis of "well known band comes to De Mont"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gary Bartz booked in Nottingham 30th April…. As a skint student in France I blew part of my grant to go and see him in ‘94 in Limoges…. Turned up to the venue all excited only to discover that the gig was the previous day (arghhhh!)

Now after all these years I get to see him finally!

• Like 2

Seeing editors tonight in brum. First night of the "greatest hits" tour so hopefully they'll be on top form. 

Our airbnb has 2 baby pigeons living on the balcony which the girlfriend is loving. As a smoker I'm not loving that the balcony is completely covered in pigeon shit.

Gig should be good though.

• Like 1