Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Anyone contemplating not going to gigs?  Got one in 2 weeks but it's a band I've seen more than once and at a venue I've already seem them play, cheap ticket etc...I'm wondering if it's worth it.  I'm not overly concerned for myself but of the potential to spread it as I have elderly relatives.

22 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Anyone contemplating not going to gigs?  Got one in 2 weeks but it's a band I've seen more than once and at a venue I've already seem them play, cheap ticket etc...I'm wondering if it's worth it.  I'm not overly concerned for myself but of the potential to spread it as I have elderly relatives.

Same. Haven't got a music gig for a few months, but I'm due to go see Book of Mormon in Birmingham on the 21st. Don't want to go really so hoping it's cancelled so I can maybe get the money back or it's rearranged.

19 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Wouldn't risk it myself, especially if you will be in contact with the elderly. I'd be surprised if Glastonbury goes ahead as well. Think it's one of the first festivals in the festival season. Takes several months to set up as well so that could put the mockers on it.

4 minutes ago, The Syrup said:

Wouldn't risk it myself, especially if you will be in contact with the elderly. I'd be surprised if Glastonbury goes ahead as well. Think it's one of the first festivals in the festival season. Takes several months to set up as well so that could put the mockers on it.

Got Glastonbury tickets for the first time, I can't see it going ahead especially being in june.

2 minutes ago, Ollie93 said:

Got Glastonbury tickets for the first time, I can't see it going ahead especially being in june.

A few of the big US festivals have already been canned, Coachella has been postponed til October but that's in California. Cant see UK festivals taking place in October due to the weather.

5 hours ago, Ollie93 said:

In my opinion the line up is the worst it’s ever been. 50 years old and they couldn’t book some properly big acts yet they’ve got a mumble rapper and a pop star four years past her sell by date.

if it does go ahead though I hope you have a great time!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Hadn't heard of this, saw the Orielles at the Bodega a few weeks ago, really good.

Saw them in Norwich (night of the game - as I’d booked them before they changed it to the Friday!)

Thought they were ace…. It was the day of the release of their latest album…. My lad got Esme’s bass pick!

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/02/2020 at 21:07, Wolfox said:

Gary Bartz booked in Nottingham 30th April…. As a skint student in France I blew part of my grant to go and see him in ‘94 in Limoges…. Turned up to the venue all excited only to discover that the gig was the previous day (arghhhh!)

Now after all these years I get to see him finally!

Was not meant to be was it? :(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I’ve got The Black Crowes, Skunk Anansie, Ozzie Osbourne, The Stranglers and The Levellers yet to cancel between October and the end of the year.

I’m not optimistic and expecting more to be cancelled or rearranged for next year. 

Already pretty booked up for next year. No one needs to bother touring. 

I have two rearranged dates at Rock City back to back on Friday/Saturday night in February. Just waiting for a City home game to screw up my plan of staying over in Nottingham. 

Edited by Livid

• 3 weeks later...

Desperately missing gigs at the moment. I think unfortunately the type that I'm into will be a long long time away still, there's just no way of doing it with any kind of distancing. Stumbled across a recording of Rise Against at Rock Am Ring today, sat and watched the whole thing. Tough to describe that feeling you get at gigs like this, I guess it's the same sense of community and belonging as the football that you just can't really replicate in day to day life. The biblical rain in the video makes it look even more epic in my opinion. 

Anyway here's the highlight, not everyone's cup of tea but name a band that is. Hopefully get back to something like this at some point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/08/2020 at 10:45, BrummieFOX said:

Just booked to see Fontaines DC in Brum in May. Bit of a risk obviously but hoping gigs can go ahead by then.

Going to Rock City on May 3rd.

I have about four gigs at Rock City currently rearranged for February & March next year, at present i'm not at all comfortable about attending that many in that space of time, just feels like I would be pushing my luck a bit.

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Going to Rock City on May 3rd.

I have about four gigs at Rock City currently rearranged for February & March next year, at present i'm not at all comfortable about attending that many in that space of time, just feels like I would be pushing my luck a bit.

Sounds like the dream to me.

Really hope they get gigs going again soon, I don't want to see anymore venues or bands having to call it a day. The industry is being strangled to death at the minute.

• Like 1