Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

19 hours ago, Livid said:

Going to Rock City on May 3rd.

I have about four gigs at Rock City currently rearranged for February & March next year, at present i'm not at all comfortable about attending that many in that space of time, just feels like I would be pushing my luck a bit.

Yeh,I've been cautious about booking too many. Though mainly because I expect them to be cancelled.

Although if they look anything like that socially distanced gig in Newcastle, I'll be cancelling myself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BrummieFOX said:

Yeh,I've been cautious about booking too many. Though mainly because I expect them to be cancelled.

Although if they look anything like that socially distanced gig in Newcastle, I'll be cancelling myself.

Agree on that.

If they go ahead with me having to stand in my own little square I don't think i'll bother. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just can't see when live music is going to restart at the the moment, especially at indoor venues. It's way behind football and rugby etc for me.

I've had numerous things rescheduled and rescheduled again in a couple of cases.

I have not requested a refund against anyone of them. I want to go and see the bands i've booked someday and I want the venues to still be there but i'm thinking there will come a time, where i''m going to think just give me my money back.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2020 at 13:46, Livid said:

I just can't see when live music is going to restart at the the moment, especially at indoor venues. It's way behind football and rugby etc for me.

I've had numerous things rescheduled and rescheduled again in a couple of cases.

I have not requested a refund against anyone of them. I want to go and see the bands i've booked someday and I want the venues to still be there but i'm thinking there will come a time, where i''m going to think just give me my money back.

Definitely. We might see some things outside, but especially in smaller, less formal venues the potential impact of people singing in warm, moist spaces with inadequate ventilation is surely a potential hotspot for covid.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got a ticket for The Music reunion gig in Leeds next may. Surprised it wasn't sold out. Have the coral and the cribs amongst others in support. As an old indie head ex massive music pirate, all 3 of those would've been on my Spotify end of year list had I paid for music at the time so I hope its gonna be banging. Really hope it goes ahead.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

New Order and Hot Chip in Manchester next year is tempting me.

Yeah I saw the New Order email and was tempted.

Only trouble is I do like them but one of those I have the greatest hits of, I've never listened to any of their albums.

Edited by Fox92

54 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah I saw the New Order email and was tempted.

Only trouble is I do like them but one of those I have the greatest hits of, I've never listened to any of their albums.

I only started to listen to them a few years ago, start with power corruption lies.

As for concerts I'm not interested until things go back to normal or at least close to it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just come back from The Darkness at the O2 somewhere or other, and by come back I mean left the streaming website.

A fantastic effort in the circumstances with no skimping on production values, although the traditional Justin being carried aloft around crowd on the shoulders of a roadie while doing ridiculous guitar solo bit had a certain poignancy with nobody actually there

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, FLAN said:

What’s the earliest you think we will be able to see a band?  I have tickets for new order in November but really not sure it will go ahead

all these festivals jumping up and down to happen in the summer seems far fetched 

got everything crossed fountains dc at de mont goes ahead on 10th may

4 hours ago, FLAN said:

What’s the earliest you think we will be able to see a band?  I have tickets for new order in November but really not sure it will go ahead

all these festivals jumping up and down to happen in the summer seems far fetched 

If gigs are not back November then it won't be till the following Spring at the earliest. That fills me with dread and I'll despair if we do have to wait that long. 

• 2 weeks later...

We can dust this thread off again!

Had loads of great weekend gigs planned and the majority of these have been moved to mid week fixtures now annoyingly.

2000 trees in July

Slam Dunk festival September

Glass Caves Oct

Mysterines Oct

Enter Shikari and Dinosaur pile up Dec