Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Football Manager 2010

Polish - a year of polish, making the game faster, more immersive, more realistic and easier to play with better in game feedback and more advice, delivered in a more user friendly way.

Improved Match Engine - improved AI, over 100 new animations in 3D mode, new stadiums and crowds, improved pitch degradations and better lighting make for the most immersive pitch-side experience ever.

Match Analysis - a match analysis tool that shows you where shots, passes, crosses, headers, tackles, fouls and interceptions have been made on the field for both teams. See this analysis both live in game, and post match, allowing you to pinpoint the weaknesses and strengths of both your team and your opponents.

New User Interface - a completely new vibrant look and feel to the game, plus a navigational overhaul. The side menu is replaced by an intuitive tab system, based on extensive consumer feedback and usability studies, which allows you to access all areas of FM 2010 quickly and easily.

Tactical Overhaul - a new tactics module makes it much easier to make your team play as you want them to. There are thousands of possible pre-set options and touchline "shout" instructions for making instant changes to your teams playing style. Don't worry; the old system is still there for people who love their sliders.

News Center - a subscription based newspaper. Get the news about the football world around you that you want, and not the news you don't want.

New Data Editor - including a brand new Competition Editor allowing you to add competitions and extra levels for leagues currently in the game, and add completely new competitions and leagues all via a very simple to use editor. Plus, the new editor allows you to keep your game up to date more easily than ever before.

They say that every year, but it never seems clear to me what they improve. I still maintain that the AI has not improved nearly enough, while the difficulty level has only been increased through nerfing. Judging from these bits, the coming version only seems like a tweaked and tuned 2009 :dunno: But I won't judge it until I've tried it. The editor overhaul sounds promising though, especially the update bit.

They say that every year, but it never seems clear to me what they improve. I still maintain that the AI has not improved nearly enough, while the difficulty level has only been increased through nerfing. Judging from these bits, the coming version only seems like a tweaked and tuned 2009 :dunno: But I won't judge it until I've tried it. The editor overhaul sounds promising though, especially the update bit.

The improved AI refers to the match engine, we have Paul Collyer (co-founder all them years a go) who works on the match engine. It's definatley noticeable, the players behave in a much more realistic way on the pitch.

To be fair, the games never change that much year to year... if you really wanted to see improvements then you'd buy one of them every 3 years for a big upgrade... it really isn't worth spending the cash on the new game every year just to have updated transfers and a couple of new-ish features...

Yes it is. It's hardly a lot of money.

Well you think so... granted it's only around £30 or something when it's first out, but that is still £30 that could be put towards something else. That and including the fact you can download patch's that update everything for previous versions too make it seem less like £30 you need to spend.

Well you think so... granted it's only around £30 or something when it's first out, but that is still £30 that could be put towards something else. That and including the fact you can download patch's that update everything for previous versions too make it seem less like £30 you need to spend.

unless your computer has had a major crash and you've had to reformat everything meaning that the game from last year no longer works. and i can't play 08 cause i never brought it, can't play 07 cause it the installer keeps freezing, can't play 06 cause i sold it leaving me with 05 as the only fm i can play.

unless your computer has had a major crash and you've had to reformat everything meaning that the game from last year no longer works. and i can't play 08 cause i never brought it, can't play 07 cause it the installer keeps freezing, can't play 06 cause i sold it leaving me with 05 as the only fm i can play.

Then in your case I would imagine buying the newest version would be suitable... it would be a massive upgrade from the '05 version with lots of changes to layouts and the way the game is played.

Sorry about the crash... it's a right pain in the arse when that happens.

You can always get the data off of the hard drive.

• 3 weeks later...
Will be interesting to see the budget of teams like Man City and Notts County. I'd love this game but I'll have to get a new laptop first as my current whore has no space!

How about getting rid of all the unnecessary crap on the current harddrive that you no longer use/need (if there is any)? lol

I seriously hope the new version does come across as something really new. In the past, it's felt more like little updates on the regular game engine, without actually extracting all the faulty bits. 3D mode's been a waste of space, it added nothing of real interest - was a pure gimmick.

I'd like to try it out this time before going for a purchase. I bought FM 09 and was mostly disappointed with the "improvements".

Also, a full license would be nice - but buying it off from EA Sports could turn out to be costly. lol

Just a quick question. I have a fairly old computer god knows the actual age, but is it worth getting FM 10 or will it just lag and be slow. I have FM 08 and it is OK, but hardly great and can still be slow. Is it worth it, or not?

I knowI need a new computer really but what can you do.

Just a quick question. I have a fairly old computer god knows the actual age, but is it worth getting FM 10 or will it just lag and be slow. I have FM 08 and it is OK, but hardly great and can still be slow. Is it worth it, or not?

I knowI need a new computer really but what can you do.

If 08 was slow and laggy, 10 won't run. I think.

Apparently you won't need a computer that can run the 3D match engine this year to run the game. I hope it's true.

Where did you hear this? Because this year my computer played the game at a snail's pace, even when I used Classic View so I had to go back to 08 for my FM fix.

Archived