Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I would've imagined you've seen more than most the harmful impact of unregulated drugs for uneducated users.  Legalise, tax & regulate, educate.

You're probably right in that I have seen so many bad outcomes of drug use. The problem is that regulated drugs will potentially result in addiction and addiction then becomes something that can't be properly controlled and the addict demands more and more and takes more and more risks to get the hit.

Also, who do you tax/regulate? The producers or the users? Good luck with either.

Not all drug users are casual weed smokers or recreational cocaine users. Maybe if there was some control over which drugs were available then there might be some level of control but even that would drive the harder drugs such as heroin, underground. 

How do you educate someone who's already addicted and who's life is pretty much ruined and hopeless as a result of drug use and  continues to use in order to cope?

Unfortunately, in my personal experience, drugs randomly kill people either directly or indirectly, (suicides, OD's, murders) and I can't find a reasonable argument for legalising the harder drugs because there will never be complete regulation of supply. You only have to look at the billions of money made by the drug cartels. They'll never give that up in favour of regulated production that results in being taxed.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 3

I watched millionaire and the guy that won the fastest finger thing did it so quickly that I reckoned he must have just randomly hit the four buttons - a,b,c,d.  It pretty much guarantees that you're quickest but the odds would make it a pretty shit tactic.  Then I wondered, what are the odds?  I reckon it's factorial four so 24-1 but not sure.

It really bugs me that my mind works like this but now I just have to know.  Does anyone know?

13 minutes ago, murphy said:

I watched millionaire and the guy that won the fastest finger thing did it so quickly that I reckoned he must have just randomly hit the four buttons - a,b,c,d.  It pretty much guarantees that you're quickest but the odds would make it a pretty shit tactic.  Then I wondered, what are the odds?  I reckon it's factorial four so 24-1 but not sure.

It really bugs me that my mind works like this but now I just have to know.  Does anyone know?

Pretty sure 1/24 is right unless there's some weird statistical quirk.

• Like 1

On 03/08/2021 at 18:43, Parafox said:

You're probably right in that I have seen so many bad outcomes of drug use. The problem is that regulated drugs will potentially result in addiction and addiction then becomes something that can't be properly controlled and the addict demands more and more and takes more and more risks to get the hit.

Also, who do you tax/regulate? The producers or the users? Good luck with either.

Not all drug users are casual weed smokers or recreational cocaine users. Maybe if there was some control over which drugs were available then there might be some level of control but even that would drive the harder drugs such as heroin, underground. 

How do you educate someone who's already addicted and who's life is pretty much ruined and hopeless as a result of drug use and  continues to use in order to cope?

Unfortunately, in my personal experience, drugs randomly kill people either directly or indirectly, (suicides, OD's, murders) and I can't find a reasonable argument for legalising the harder drugs because there will never be complete regulation of supply. You only have to look at the billions of money made by the drug cartels. They'll never give that up in favour of regulated production that results in being taxed.

We should decriminalise drug use. Also try and reduce the stigma around people who turn to drugs to manage whatever because I often get left feeling like society sees drug related deaths as a social embarrassment rather than a human tragedy. 

Agree that you can't just solve everything by fully legalising. 

Edited by LiberalFox
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

We should decriminalise drug use. Also try and reduce the stigma around people who turn to drugs to manage whatever because I often get left feeling like society sees drug related deaths as a social embarrassment rather than a human tragedy. 

Apart from the thousands of deaths linked to alcohol, of course.

They don't mean those drug users.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

Apart from the thousands of deaths linked to alcohol, of course.

They don't mean those drug users.

Well I certainly know more than a few people who hold alcoholics in contempt. Also the obese. I think you are right that there's more widespread stigma around other drugs though which is why I think decriminilising use is so important. 

5 hours ago, LiberalFox said:

I also agree in some part with you on decriminalising and the stigma attached to drug use. Society and government sees drug use as a lifestyle choice and in some cases that's true. IMO drug addiction can be as a result of a life trauma and should be treated as a mental illness as usually, there is an underlying reason for their initial use that then becomes addiction. I've met many addicts living in unpleasant conditions and hating their lives that have turned to drugs as an avoidance from there personal hell. sadly, MH is not really a priority for any government, despite what they say in public.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

What do footballers do if they have a small cock? 

Or rugby players? Someone like big Laurence Dallaliglio having a tiddler. 

One would imagine the dressing room.can be an unforgiving place. 

Following on from your 'why aren't drugs legal' question, are you sure you haven't taken any? lol

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

The real reason Chilwell wanted to leave Leicester. 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Women don't care because the size of his wallet more than makes up for it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

About to paint a door frame, two weeks short of the 10 year anniversary of when I actually intended to do it.

Is this a record?

Yes, I asked you ten years ago and you never replied.

On 13/08/2021 at 14:10, Paninistickers said:

I sit in the corner with a tissue over my erection.

Edited by Parafox

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Tesco have charged me twice for a shop I’ve just noticed. I removed my card too soon so had to do it again but my bank is showing that both went out. Is it best to contact Tesco or my bank?

I thought banks can only recall payments if they were made via credit card.   I suspect you paid via debit card so I guess you will need to contact Tesco?