Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

14 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I thought banks can only recall payments if they were made via credit card.   I suspect you paid via debit card so I guess you will need to contact Tesco?

Yeah I went in today and they seem to think as it is currently pending it won’t actually go out. I just need to check in a few days to see if both payments go out. 

45 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah I went in today and they seem to think as it is currently pending it won’t actually go out. I just need to check in a few days to see if both payments go out. 

Same happened to me a month or 2 ago when they had issues with Monzo accounts. 

Showed as pending for about 3 weeks, but then went back in.

Anyone else ever had a drinks can, via a multipack, and discovering that it has no drink inside it (even though the opening seal at the top hasn't been opened/damaged and that there's no holes on the tin can where it could've possibly leaked out)?..

Very strange.

Edited by Wymsey

12 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Anyone else ever had a drinks can, via a multipack, and discovering that it has no drink inside it (even though the opening seal at the top hasn't been opened/damaged and that there's no holes on the tin can where it could've possibly leaked out)?..

Very strange.

It’s not some competition can, is it?

Best look to see if there’s a million pound cheque in it before you throw it away! 

More likely just slipped through the production line - I’m sure you’ll get a refund or replacement if you ask. 

But, no. Never come across this myself. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Anyone know any decent gardeners/landscapers that cover Leicester looking for work? Need someone to come burn this jungle down. :D

Work? Love to, guvnor, but you know how it is, wot wi' me back an 'all... still can't complain, eh? Lend us ten bob for a cuppa rosy, guvnor...

Wonder what happened to all that cheap East European labour..?

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Anyone know any decent gardeners/landscapers that cover Leicester looking for work? Need someone to come burn this jungle down. :D

I could probably give you a good list of people not to bother with.

I’ve had several quotes in the last few months and by the time I get back to them to get a go ahead date, they seem to have lost all forms of communication.

I’ve never known anything like it.

Edited by Strokes

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I could probably give you a good list of people not to bother with.

I’ve had several quotes in the last few months and by the time I get back to them to get a go ahead date, they seem to have lost all forms of communication.

I’ve never known anything like it.

Pretty much the trouble I'm having, plenty seem to be in the area but everyone seems either busy or just vanishes. Tbf it will take a brave soul to tackle my garden. Pretty sure there's tigers in there by now. lol

44 minutes ago, Buce said:

Work? Love to, guvnor, but you know how it is, wot wi' me back an 'all... still can't complain, eh? Lend us ten bob for a cuppa rosy, guvnor...

Wonder what happened to all that cheap East European labour..?

Wouldn't use them foreigners anyways, y'know, brexit racists n all that guvnor. lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Pretty much the trouble I'm having, plenty seem to be in the area but everyone seems either busy or just vanishes. Tbf it will take a brave soul to tackle my garden. Pretty sure there's tigers in there by now. lol

I just hope they're not Dangerous Tigers?

You wouldn't want to get mauled.....

3 hours ago, Innovindil said:

That’s just it, I know a few but they are all very busy and have work coming out their ears ..  and those that aren’t busy .. well you pays your money and takes your chance ..  

• Like 1

On 13/09/2021 at 15:25, Countryfox said:

Any guesses ..  Mrs CF is very confident it’s a black panther (or as she put it one of those big cat things) ..  it was about 300 yards away very early on Sunday morning ..  

5F4ABD0F-E65A-4C63-9B6C-BBE3D84B2227.jpeg

Ah yes, Felis Catus. 

Looks like your standard British shorthair moggy to me. It has a white bit on its chest and on the end of its tail. 

14 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Ah yes, Felis Catus. 

Looks like your standard British shorthair moggy to me. It has a white bit on its chest and on the end of its tail. 

No No ... Mrs CF is sticking with Blackus Pantherus ...   If I'd been a tad quicker taking the pic you would have seen its left paw raised up high above its head. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Innovindil said:

You may get more joy in a month or so, when the grass stops growing.

I used to be a self-employed gardener & it was flat out all summer just keeping the regular customers happy.  There wasn't really room for 'extras'.

When I first started self-employment I used to say yes to anything - as I needed all the work I could get.  It didn't take long before I had customers coming out of my ears & I could be more selective in what work I chose to do.  Titivate rather than excavate.

From November to March, I pretty much put my feet up.  I'd made my money during the summer & if anything came in - that would be a bonus.

It's something I would have considered doing - but only in the winter.  I'd say that's the case for most gardeners.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

No No ... Mrs CF is sticking with Blackus Pantherus ...   If I'd been a tad quicker taking the pic you would have seen its left paw raised up high above its head. 

I wasn't reading the thread, and I realise now it might have been a slightly disingenuous question. lol

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

Is anyone here knowledgeable about employment law? Or know anyone who is please? 

You could make a throwaway reddit account and try posting in r/legaladvice.  Is it pertaining to UK or EU law? because if the former there's also r/legaladviceuk, idk if there's an EU specific one.

• Thanks 1