Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

That just goes to show that each and every club is identical when it comes to their online "communities" - ie. forums.

When it comes to assessing other teams, you get people who at least attempt a reasoned argument, based on observations, and then those who just look at league tables/results and make their minds up without seeing other clubs play. 

I've never really got involved in the tit-for-tat arguments with Burnley fans, I may have said 1 or 2 comments in reply to them earlier in the season but the Burnley fans are being ever so quiet, where are the Burnley fans who were coming on here quite regularly early in the season.....

I've never really got involved in the tit-for-tat arguments with Burnley fans, I may have said 1 or 2 comments in reply to them earlier in the season but the Burnley fans are being ever so quiet, where are the Burnley fans who were coming on here quite regularly early in the season.....

Tbf they don't even talk in their own forum lol

They're busy infighting now that some of them have finally realised they might have had money to spend this year after all lol

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/read/s37.htm?38,15218694

Just got back. Really friendly fans. Spoke to a few before and after, good people. Internet breeds ******. We've got our fair few, as have they, as have every club.

Totally agree with this. Was boozing in the town centre before and after. Nothing but good things to say about the lads I chatted to.

Guest seanfox778

They're busy infighting now that some of them have finally realised they might have had money to spend this year after all lol

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/read/s37.htm?38,15218694

I don't really get what their objective is. Even if they get promoted next season it seems like they'd do the same thing again, they just love being underdogs and it can't be good for their players morale with their manager telling them every week that their opponents are better than them and they're not expected to win. Buying Sordell and Jut-whatever as strikers was embarrassing for them and didn't really show any ambition when they should've had more money to spend from winning promotion. Edited by seanfox778

I don't really get what their objective is. Even if they get promoted next season it seems like they'd do the same thing again, they just love being underdogs and it can't be good for their players morale with their manager telling them every week that their opponents are better than them and they're not expected to win. Buying Sordell and Jut-whatever as strikers was embarrassing for them and didn't really show any ambition when they should've had more money to spend from winning promotion.

So much this.  It's been ruminated on quite regularly on this forum, yet somehow the press still let him get away with his defeatist sentiments.  I suppose it's better to fail having told everyone you would anyway than to be seen making an effort and still failing.

Derby fans seem to think we care about them a lot more than we actually do. For me personally I've never had a problem with them (probably due to me not growing up anywhere near the place)

This thread:

Another forum compliments us: Great team, great club, top fans, hope they do well next year

Another forum criticises us: Tinpot club, so smalltime, deluded, hope they get relegated next year

lol this

Leicester City's resurgence has caught the attention of the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2015/05/15/foxes-of-leicester-city-have-a-chance-to-pull-off-premier-league-miracle/

There are some good stuff for stattos there, with stats showing Leicester are doing a much better job creating scoring opportunities, and an interesting take on the Nigel Pearson sacked/not sacked controversy (did Leicester get the best of both worlds?).

If someone photoshoped that photo with something in Schlupp's hand and Wes's expression........lol

Armed with only a walking pole, Nigel Pearson once fought off wild dogs in the Carpathian mountains, yet even that tale of raw survival pales into insignificance compared to Leicester's great escape.

Two months ago the Leicester boss had totally lost the plot. City were rooted to the foot of the table and Pearson's reputation was plummeting. Rumours regarding his departure were unfounded in the end but it was clear he was under threat.

Leicester weren't playing badly at the time, but results weren't going their way. Pearson reacted by mouthing off at a fan after the 3-1 home defeat to Liverpool and grabbing former Foxes' target James McArthur by the throat during the 1-0 loss to Crystal Palace.

The honest truth is Pearson thoroughly deserved to be sacked, for both results and his conduct, yet had he been so Leicester might well be a Championship side again.

Instead, despite considerable adversity, the players rallied behind their under-fire chief, even bringing ostrich burgers to training after Pearson's now infamous rant at a journalist.

Pearson haters -- and there's plenty of them -- must doff their cap to the 51-year-old. He may not have the tactical brain of Arsene Wenger nor exude the swagger of Jose Mourinho but if you overlook the smugness there's an infectious willpower about him. He was arrogant enough to assume Leicester wouldn't go down and that bullish belief clearly rubbed off on his men.

Leicester secured their Premier League status with a game to spare after Saturday's drab goalless draw at Sunderland. They never looked like conceding and with a touch more poise, record-signing Andrej Kramaric could have even curled a late winner into the open net after Costel Pantilimon was over-zealous off his line. At that stage, though,

Hull were 2-0 down at Tottenham so victory was irrelevant. A draw felt like three points.

City's unlikely escape is nothing short of miraculous. They took as many points in their last eight games as the previous 29 and form-wise, they are currently one of Europe's top five sides, behind only Paris Saint-Germain, Borussia Monchengladbach, Barcelona and Real Madrid. If they maintain this momentum they'll be Champions League contenders next season (tongue firmly planted in cheek, here).

A few obvious factors have led to such a dramatic turnaround in fortunes. The return from injury of Kasper Schmeichel has emphatically secured things at the back.

Those arguing the Dane has eclipsed his father Peter are talking nonsense, but five clean sheets in the last six games is a sensational return for a relegation-threatened side.

Robert Huth's arrival from Stoke on loan in January has also led to a more stable defence.

At the other end, top scorer Leonardo Ulloa, Dave Nugent, Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez have all weighed in with crucial goals while Esteban Cambiasso, still hungry at the age of 34, has marshalled the midfield superbly. The Argentine destroyer is a born winner and his head hasn't dropped all season.

Ultimately, those who worship Pearson will bill him as a managerial wizard and when you study the stats alone they are right. He has guided the Foxes from the doldrums of League 1 to the Premier League and kept them there against all the odds. He deserves to mentioned in the same breath as Martin O'Neill, even if he isn't as affable.

Pearson critics, meanwhile, are more likely to praise the players, and let's not forget City's Thai owners, too. The Raksriaksorn family have twice broken the club's transfer record this season and had a presence at every game. Like Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, they veer away from the limelight but they have transformed the club with their financial muscle and commendable ambition.

Whatever safety is down to, the point is it has been achieved with a game to spare, making the final match against Queens Park Rangers a safety party.

Supporters are even being encouraged to shave their heads in honour of Cambiasso.

QPR is a chance to acknowledge a quite incredible achievement and in doing so massage Pearson's ego. Like or loathe Leicester's manager, under trying circumstances he's got the job done and should be a candidate for manager of the year.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/leicester-city/375/blog/post/2453860/boss-pearson-orchestrates-great-escape

On Soccer Saturday yesterday Jeff mentioned about Leicester fans being encouraged to shave their heads in honour of Cambiasso, it's the first (Well 2nd after this article) i've heard about it. I saw there was a suggestion of getting the skin coloured caps and dress as him at the Sunderland game yesterday but not seen anything anywhere about shaving heads.

Edited by Matt

I have to keep reminding myself that the forum I'm reading where fans are saying Leicester's a dump and we're a small club isn't for fans of Manchester United, Liverpool or even Newcastle, it's for fans of Sunderland. SUNDERLAND.

A club who've done nothing but make up the numbers in the PL for the best part of a decade.

Based in a concrete dump of a town that makes Coventry look like Monte Carlo. 

It's traditionally been difficult to form a strong opinion on Sunderland because they're such a non-entity, but the arrogance on that forum is utterly mystifying. It's not even like they've ever been this all conquering footballing behemoth their fans seem to think they are, weird bunch.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/leicester-city/375/blog/post/2453860/boss-pearson-orchestrates-great-escape

On Soccer Saturday yesterday Jeff mentioned about Leicester fans being encouraged to shave their heads in honour of Cambiasso, it's the first (Well 2nd after this article) i've heard about it. I saw there was a suggestion of getting the skin coloured caps and dress as him at the Sunderland game yesterday but not seen anything anywhere about shaving heads.

It was in the Merc

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/8203-Fans-urged-head-shaved-tribute-Estaban/story-26507909-detail/story.html

• Like 1

Probably doesn't belong here but I thought this little video was funny!

https://www.facebook.com/ynfathehub/videos/842679952435568/

Wtf has happened to Facebook?  Used to be there was discussion below videos on there, now it's just a bunch of melts naming people they know.