Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

What day did Knockaert score against Forest?

"Deeney Day" couldn't sound more tin pot if they tried. Fair play to them in that regards, they're clearly going for Burnley's crown as the most tinpot club imaginable.

Fair point. We score that, on the same day Doncaster score a last minute winner on the counter from a penalty by Brentford. Both get an 'On This Day' from the club and nothing else. Deeney scores a last minute winner and gets a national holiday in Watford.

If anything we should be celebrating Claridge's shin day, as a piece of footballing drama that is right up there, the last kick of the game to secure promotion to the premier league.

What day did Knockaert score against Forest?

"Deeney Day" couldn't sound more tin pot if they tried. Fair play to them in that regards, they're clearly going for Burnley's crown as the most tinpot club imaginable.

First saturday in May, so the 4th?

They'd long taken Burnleys crown - Burnley fans are more small time than tinpot.

Someone actually thinks Watford are the closest thing we have to a rival. Oh my god.

It's like Big Brother - an utter car-crash but you can't help but watch. The closest thing we have to a rival is them  lol Only running a few decades behind Coventry them lot.

Watford are STILL having a Deeney Day?!

How small must your club be when winning a play-off semi-final that led to a failed promotion bid is the greatest day in your club's history?! lol

They may genuinely be the most tinpot team in the Premier League next season. Bournemouth are just small, this lot are laughably small time.

jesus. Two years after winning a play-off semi final and they're still going on about it like it was the greatest thing to ever happen to them. How adorably pathetic. 

It's almost cute how laughably small they are.

Watford are STILL having a Deeney Day?!

How small must your club be when winning a play-off semi-final that led to a failed promotion bid is the greatest day in your club's history?! lol

They may genuinely be the most tinpot team in the Premier League next season. Bournemouth are just small, this lot are laughably small time.

I feel sorry for them tbh. Imagine being THAT irrelevant and tinpot

Imagine having just won promotion and still considering winning a play-off semi final to be one of the biggest days of your history. They're like one of those little yipping dogs that tries to get it on with a great dane - adorably stupid and funny to watch.

There is virtually nobody who is arsed about them. I imagine even most of Watford itself, not a big town, generally gravitates more towards the larger and more relevant London clubs. The fact they had empty seats in their stadium for Deeney Day, in a ground that held less than 20k before they built the fourth side, kind of sums the size of the club up.

What else could count as their greatest day? What have they ever won? I know we've hardly built a groaning trophy cabinet for ourselves, but Watford seem to have less use for silver polish than the fans tweeting #DEEEENEEEY have for condoms. 

They should provide some entertainment next season at least, I can imagine half the Premier League laughing at how tinpot they are.

There is virtually nobody who is arsed about them. I imagine even most of Watford itself, not a big town, generally gravitates more towards the larger and more relevant London clubs. The fact they had empty seats in their stadium for Deeney Day, in a ground that held less than 20k before they built the fourth side, kind of sums the size of the club up.

What else could count as their greatest day? What have they ever won? I know we've hardly built a groaning trophy cabinet for ourselves, but Watford seem to have less use for silver polish than the fans tweeting #DEEEENEEEY have for condoms.

They should provide some entertainment next season at least, I can imagine half the Premier League laughing at how tinpot they are.

Think you've summed it up perfectly tbh.

Can everyone please stop clogging up this thread with Watford shit? This is the thread where journalists and fans of other clubs tell us how amazing we are.

Amen. Now if someone could find some more comments (preferably on Twitter so the RT button can get a decent workout) from Southampton fans about how good our fans are, plenty more of us can go to bed satisfied tonight.

The thing is, nobody is disputing that it was an incredible half a minute of football, it's shit like that that epitomises why we watch the sport - but to have an anniversary considering it lead to nothing but getting beaten by a side managed by Ian Holloway? Bit melty and arguably shows the lack of achievement / history there.

When Nuge rattled in that penalty against Donny Rovers to send us up on 102 points I wasn't concerned by the impending "Deeney Day". To be brutally honest I'm amazed Watford themselves are that arsed considering this season has been more successful by comparison.

Typical small club mentality, I guess.

I was on FM the other day (shock) and I clicked on Watford's history page for some reason, I couldn't believe they'd  never even won the second tier. That Nuhiu goal has quite literally taken away their most prestigious ever silverware. I don't know which part of that is funnier.

Browsing that forum and apparently we're their new rivals

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?54884-Who-are-our-new-rivals

Please, can a filthy-rich owner start supplying Luton Town with much-needed cash so they move up the league ladder?

The thought of some Watford fans considering us their "new rivals" - bleurgh.

Go play with MK Dons or something.

**** it, even Stevenage or Wycombe are closer! lol

The thing is, nobody is disputing that it was an incredible half a minute of football, it's shit like that that epitomises why we watch the sport - but to have an anniversary considering it lead to nothing but getting beaten by a side managed by Ian Holloway? Bit melty and arguably shows the lack of achievement / history there.

When Nuge rattled in that penalty against Donny Rovers to send us up on 102 points I wasn't concerned by the impending "Deeney Day". To be brutally honest I'm amazed Watford themselves are that arsed considering this season has been more successful by comparison.

Typical small club mentality, I guess.

Spot on. What a lot of Watford fans fail to grasp is that there has been far better days at Vicarage Road when they managed to get 3rd in top flight and then play in Europe but it's pretty insignificant to most of them.

Speaks volumes they see Bournemouth as a potential rival - why? Because they won the division thanks to a bottlejob defensive display on the final day?

Watford are clearly bitter about something, probably club stature. There's hardly anything to hate Leicester for, we are a well ran club who possess a team of players that play with their hearts on their sleeves, the fans of this club generate the finest atmosphere in the country. We are the nations sweethearts.

Watford are clearly bitter about something, probably club stature. There's hardly anything to hate Leicester for, we are a well ran club who possess a team of players that play with their hearts on their sleeves, the fans of this club generate the finest atmosphere in the country. We are the nations sweethearts.

And totally modest about it all lol

• Like 1

i dont know why the Watford fans have that Deeney Day thing...kinda feels like its glorifying failure to me....could understand if they went on & won the final but they lost...

as someone else said it would be like us naming the 21st September Cambiasso day as he scored the the 3rd against Utd at home. :rolleyes:

if we did that lark we could just label every single game :blink:

How dare you. The 21st of September is and will always be Vardy party day.

I mean, coming backing from 3-1 down to the most expensively assembled premiership team ever, who happen to also be the biggest most successful team in our country in the modern era and smashing them 5-3 has to topple beating little old Leicester with a late counter attack after a missed penalty, no?

I suppose we must be to them, what Man u are to us (a bigger more successful club) and that's why they get erect and run round singing rocket man at this time of year. Kinda sweet really, back-handed compliment if you like. lol lol

• Like 1

I must admit I'm quite looking to the possibility of playing Watford next season. We get to slap them about all over again.

Its not so outrageous that they think there is a bit if rivalry between us. There is, and its due to events on the pitch the last few seasons.

Their fans have been thinking they're better than they are for years, the Prem is going to be a reality check for them and an influx of foreign imports won't work in this league. The quality of the Championship this year was poor without us, Burnley and begrudgingly QPR.

To quote Nige, we are better in every way.