Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Can everyone please stop clogging up this thread with Watford shit? This is the thread where journalists and fans of other clubs tell us how amazing we are.

Given that we don't care about Watford and that day anymore we've done well to spend about 5 pages telling all that will read that we don't care.

Just realised that they're going to be my new local team. Eurgh.

Given that we don't care about Watford and that day anymore we've done well to spend about 5 pages telling all that will read that we don't care.

Was going to write exactly the same thing !

As a side note, their training ground is bang next door to arsenal's. Surprised there aren't any loan deals going on although with their Italian connection, perhaps no room for any.

As a side note, their training ground is bang next door to arsenal's. Surprised there aren't any loan deals going on although with their Italian connection, perhaps no room for any.

At London Colney? Watford should just stick up a sign saying "Definitely Arsenal's Training Ground" outside their entrance in the hope they can confuse some new Arsenal signings into training/playing with them. A foolproof strategy for staying up.
  • Like 1

"Generally speaking, I think Arsenal and Tottenham could be classed as local derbies by us, but not them. They probably won't be that interested. As for Leicester, they're probably thrashing out a load of contempt for us, whilst claiming that we're obsessed with them."

Note to self, look up definition of irony.

• Like 1

Do not underestimate the power of a Russian billionaire, or Udinese B

Yup, they'll be among the favourites for the drop, as we will be - depending on our summer recruitment, should we stay up

But Bournemouth's manager & their style could see them do just fine... If they don't fold like a pack of cards like we did after the Burnley (H) game

Watford will see investment & they've a better class pool of players to draw on they they had in the Championship

Surely Villa, Newcastle, West Brom won't be as bad again either. Shaping up to be tough next season, if we're still here

You are far and away the most pessimistic poster on this forum right now. 

It's the French Connection (Arsenal) vs. the Italian Stallions. No love lost there. No doubt they'll push their two games against the Gunners as their most high-profile matches, Watford is part of the extended GLA, anyway.

Spot on. What a lot of Watford fans fail to grasp is that there has been far better days at Vicarage Road when they managed to get 3rd in top flight and then play in Europe but it's pretty insignificant to most of them.

TBF I should think the older fans who saw such a era do see those days as the greatest (bit like mine would the play-off WINS of 99/06)

I would have thought most of the fans talking about it being the "best day ever" are under 21 or something and probably just looking for something to talk about/look back on.

As a stand alone moment it probably would a highlight though - albeit led to nothing.

Troy Deeney will do very well next season, I predict 15+ league goals and an England cap. I think he has the game to do well and he'll be the main man at Watford where he'll perform to his maximum. It's good to have a club in the PL who we have a bit of needle with, it's just a shame Knockaert won't be around to fuel the fire.

TBF I should think the older fans who saw such a era do see those days as the greatest (bit like mine would the play-off WINS of 99/06)

I would have thought most of the fans talking about it being the "best day ever" are under 21 or something and probably just looking for something to talk about/look back on.

As a stand alone moment it probably would a highlight though - albeit led to nothing.

Understand the 'stand alone moment' Wembley 93 play off final vs Swindon when Steve Thompson made it 3-3 after being 3-0 down was probably the greatest feeling i've had as a Leicester fan, though that led to nothing as we conceded a penalty and lost 4-3!

Can everyone please stop clogging up this thread with Watford shit? This is the thread where journalists and fans of other clubs tell us how amazing we are.

Disagree - This is a thread whereby we lap it up when a fan of another team or a journalist dares to say something negative about us.

We then going into keyboard warrior mode about how they are wrong whilst slagging off the team they support irrationally even if thery're the most inoffensive team around (Swansea / Southampton / Morecambe , etc).

TBF I should think the older fans who saw such a era do see those days as the greatest (bit like mine would the play-off WINS of 99/06)

Will be glad to have you back posting on here. Well done on promotion

Troy Deeney will do very well next season, I predict 15+ league goals and an England cap. I think he has the game to do well and he'll be the main man at Watford where he'll perform to his maximum. It's good to have a club in the PL who we have a bit of needle with, it's just a shame Knockaert won't be around to fuel the fire.

Actually - I don't agree. I think he relies on his physical presence which PL defences will cope with. The biggest difference between the champ and PL is the standard of defending

Think he'll have a similar season to what Ulloa has had. No better of a player imo

Watford are guaranteed a spot....we're not quite there yet!!!!!!!    How quickly events can turn the whole picture backwards.....confidence is great but until I see 3 R's next to 3 teams and one not being ours, I'm not getting ahead of myself. Not with this team and our history of doing everything the hard way. Just saying!!!