Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

"Generally speaking, I think Arsenal and Tottenham could be classed as local derbies by us, but not them. They probably won't be that interested. As for Leicester, they're probably thrashing out a load of contempt for us, whilst claiming that we're obsessed with them."

Note to self, look up definition of irony.

Honestly we have probably done a better job of clogging this thread up with stuff specifically about Watford than they have any thread specifically about us

• Like 1

What makes you think that?

We were a far better side last season than they were this season and apart from our last 7 games we haven't done as well as some thought.

I was going to say.

Two out of the three teams promoted last season have already gone and we, although unlikely to drop, are not 100% out of it with two games to go. I imagine most neutrals would agree that we were a far better side last season than either Bournemouth or Watford this season, and the 102 point tally would appear to prove that. I'd actually go as far as to say the Championship probably had more quality in it last year than it did this year.

It's one of those weird situations where the teams I'd be most inclined to back to survive are the teams in the play-offs. Middlesbrough and Norwich both look better equipped to stay up than either Bournemouth or Watford, and both look to have underachieved by not sealing automatic promotion. 

Also, have Watford ever managed to survive a Premier League season?

Edited by Bilo

Stuart @lowerrous 5h5 hours ago

@OfficialFOXES happy anniversary, hope tha pain eases one day #deeneyday #watfordfc

It's everyone's favourite time of the year again.. Deeneyday! Some day we'll feel as good as Watford did when they won a play off semi-final guys. That day will come!

Burnley missing a peno then us going up the other end seconds later and scoring?

Anyway, they've obviously hit a nerve with some people (Exactly what they want)...3 pages of discussion on it and them. Wow. Have they got a "Do they mean us?" thread? Because if they have this thread will be featuring heavily in it.

Edited by Matt

I was going to say.

Two out of the three teams promoted last season have already gone and we, although unlikely to drop, are not 100% out of it with two games to go. I imagine most neutrals would agree that we were a far better side last season than either Bournemouth or Watford this season, and the 102 point tally would appear to prove that. I'd actually go as far as to say the Championship probably had more quality in it last year than it did this year.

It's one of those weird situations where the teams I'd be most inclined to back to survive are the teams in the play-offs. Middlesbrough and Norwich both look better equipped to stay up than either Bournemouth or Watford, and both look to have underachieved by not sealing automatic promotion. 

Also, have Watford ever managed to survive a Premier League season?

I looked on Wikipedia and blimey they have not survived a season yet. 

Edited by The Blur

Fully understand the watford fans on their current cockyness - alot of us were feeling quite the same this time last year (all be it as champions!)

The deeney day thing too.....it was an amazing minute of football, even if it did ultimately lead to nothing for them.

I have respect for any passionate (real) football fans...especially ones who support their own local team.

INTEREST IN REAL B STAR RISES

Wolves have been named as one of a clutch of clubs interested inReal Marid B defender Derik Osede, along with Southampton,LeicesterBurnleyWatfordNottingham Forest and Bolton, writes the Express and Star.

Don't know if it has already been posted but I've never heard of him!

Troy Deeney will do very well next season, I predict 15+ league goals and an England cap. I think he has the game to do well and he'll be the main man at Watford where he'll perform to his maximum. It's good to have a club in the PL who we have a bit of needle with, it's just a shame Knockaert won't be around to fuel the fire.

The day Deeney is an England International is the day he lines up up front with Vadry....

...oh hang on

Only four clubs throughout Europe have amassed MORE points over the last seven games than Leicester.

Those sides are PSG, Borussia Moenchengladbach, Real Madrid AND Barcelona. Leicester have taken EIGHTEEN.

Bet Hull and Newcastle are desperate for us to win this weekend.

Yeah, one of my flatmates a Hull fan and he's been begging we beat Sunderland and I'm like "it's ok mate we're going for a draw".

Guest seanfox778

I fvcking hate it when Leicester fans speak for more than themselves.

Whoever wrote that quote is a douche! We all love Nige ;p

Edited by seanfox778