Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

http://talksport.com/football/revealed-top-10-premier-league-clubs-most-debt-150618149584?p=2

REVEALED: Top 10 Premier League clubs with the MOST debt
Read more at http://talksport.com/football/revealed-top-10-premier-league-clubs-most-debt-150618149584#7LSfHxbqY5w8TsV5.99

8. Leicester City's debt is £103m - Click the yellow arrow above, right, to find out more
Few expected Nigel Pearson to lead the Foxes to safety prior to their miraculous run in, which saw the club haul themselves away from danger and achieve a respectable 14th place finish. Relegation could have had huge consequences given the vast amount of debt that the East Midlands outfit currently suffers from. Yet the team's Thai owners are ambitious and are expected to invest significantly in the squad this summer in order to become an established force in England's top flight in the future.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/revealed-top-10-premier-league-clubs-most-debt-150618149584#7LSfHxbqY5w8TsV5.99

Talksport should be called Talkingbollocks or am I missing something.

Leicester City debt wiped out: Nigel Pearson welcomes move by club's owners

That had stood at £103 million, due mainly to loans made by the club’s owners, the Srivaddhanaprabhas.

However, chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has swapped the liabilities for shares, which effectively means they can no longer call in what money they are owed.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-debt-wiped-Nigel-Pearson-looks/story-20360955-detail/story.html#ixzz3dQr59gtA 
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

http://talksport.com/football/revealed-top-10-premier-league-clubs-most-debt-150618149584?p=2

REVEALED: Top 10 Premier League clubs with the MOST debt

8. Leicester City's debt is £103m - Click the yellow arrow above, right, to find out more
Few expected Nigel Pearson to lead the Foxes to safety prior to their miraculous run in, which saw the club haul themselves away from danger and achieve a respectable 14th place finish. Relegation could have had huge consequences given the vast amount of debt that the East Midlands outfit currently suffers from. Yet the team's Thai owners are ambitious and are expected to invest significantly in the squad this summer in order to become an established force in England's top flight in the future.

Talksport should be called Talkingbollocks or am I missing something.

Leicester City debt wiped out: Nigel Pearson welcomes move by club's owners

That had stood at £103 million, due mainly to loans made by the club’s owners, the Srivaddhanaprabhas.

However, chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has swapped the liabilities for shares, which effectively means they can no longer call in what money they are owed.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-debt-wiped-Nigel-Pearson-looks/story-20360955-detail/story.html#ixzz3dQr59gtA 

Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

So we are not in the same boat as United were with the Glaziers loaning money off the back of the club? What is are financial status surely with bring new players in it must have been good plus staying up TV money i cant imagine we are in debt

'We will be safe from the start!!'

Ah, that explains why Stoke have managed to avoid a deserved relegation all these years - they are given 40 points without kicking a ball.

They enrage me so, so, so much.

I don't see how a move to leicester is a downwards move based on a few seasons in the top flight and therefore having a bit more money to throw about. That's like saying if a trillionair bought Bournemouth, any player going there should see it as an upward move. Stoke have won one league cup in their entire history and that's it.

'We will be safe from the start!!'

Ah, that explains why Stoke have managed to avoid a deserved relegation all these years - they are given 40 points without kicking a ball.

They enrage me so, so, so much.

Just ignore Stoke and their gimpy fans. Everyone else in football does.

• Like 2

If you don't think nzonzi would be taking a downward step to join Leicester you are seriously deluded and I actually feel for you .

A player will not choose a team based on history, if that was the case he would choose the likes of Leeds or Preston .

A player will choose to transfer to a team based on current standing and likelihood of obtaining European football .

And before you start don't bore me with Leicester are more likely to gain European football or Leicester show more ambition than stoke ( currently) .

He will be taking a downward step and it will not happen. Stop belittling teams, especially when you have just scrapped relegation in your first Prem season

• Like 2

If you don't think nzonzi would be taking a downward step to join Leicester you are seriously deluded and I actually feel for you .

A player will not choose a team based on history, if that was the case he would choose the likes of Leeds or Preston .

A player will choose to transfer to a team based on current standing and likelihood of obtaining European football .

And before you start don't bore me with Leicester are more likely to gain European football or Leicester show more ambition than stoke ( currently) .

He will be taking a downward step and it will not happen. Stop belittling teams, especially when you have just scrapped relegation in your first Prem season

Can't disagree with any of that mate. Many on here will but they would probably argue black is white.

I agree, think we've got an attitude above our current level. Plenty of hard work ahead to get totally comfortable in the Premier League.

:yawn: 

You're bang on the money but I think Leicester were doing Stoke a favour rather than us thinking we had a hope of landing him.

Sevilla will now be told to put up or shut up.

FWIW I think he'll go on a Bosman next season.

I agree, think we've got an attitude above our current level. Plenty of hard work ahead to get totally comfortable in the Premier League.

I don't know about that, but I do know that some people have got short memories when it comes to stoke fans..