Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Christ sunderland are a bunch of melts. Would absolutely love it if they ****ed off down a division. Since the war they've averaged a finishing position of 19th, us of 22nd. Both yo-yo clubs, and yet they seem to think they're a top 8 side having a poor spell, delusions of grandeur doesn't say it all.

Edited by The Doctor

Incredible bunch. More petty, bitter and small-time than possibly even the Villa lot.

Can they honestly not process the reality that the only reason they get good crowds is because Newcastle and Boro are the only other Clubs for about 300 miles?

lol comedy gold

The only ones on that forum talking any sense are the fans from Leicester, Newcastle and Middlesbrough. I stopped reading it after a Sunderland fan tried arguing that O'Shea was better then Huth. Unbelievable.

Christ I can understand the bigger than Leicester bickering but half of them honestly think Coates is better, they keep talking about his transfer fee being lower too, yep a massive saving of £1m!!

That alexsafc04 has liked every single anti-Leicester post, freak.

Who is the BellEnd that is Joined a Sunderland forum as a Leicester fan? Pathetic  :facepalm:

This thread has gone completely sideways It should be called "What Leicester fans are saying about us on other teams forums" I cant even bring myself to read the link its so cringey

Insanity.......

Edited by Freesolo
  • Like 2

Who is the BellEnd that is Joined a Sunderland forum as a Leicester fan? Pathetic  :facepalm:

This thread has gone completely sideways It should be called "What Leicester fans are saying about us on other teams forums" I cant even bring myself to read the link its so cringey

Insanity.......

Tbf you've gotta love how they instantly call him out on the "sideways move at best" thing (deservedly so), but nobody thinks to correct the soggy biscuit who reckons they're on a par with Swansea. lol  I'm just getting started reading these, looks like I got a lot to look forward to. :D

I posted this in the 'Okazaki signs' thread, but guess it's applicable to here too:

I don't know if anyone listens to the world football phone in on radio 5 live, but I posed a question about Okazaki and Fuchs to one of their European football experts.

He didn't say a lot that we don't already know, general gist was that they'll both be good signings and Pearson should be trusted to make good signings.

It's on iplayer here http://www.bbc.co.uk...s/b0606mhk#auto

Skip to 02:48 if you want to listen.

Who is the BellEnd that is Joined a Sunderland forum as a Leicester fan? Pathetic :facepalm:

Insanity.......

I think it's a newcastle fan on wind up.

It is genuinely sad news but your self righteous point scoring is pathetic. If you wish to share your condolences publicly then please do and you will find many people who wish to do the same(myself included). But don't come on here criticising other people for going about their daily lives as if they don't care about the situation.

My point was I do not give a fvck what other fans think about us.

Who did I criticise ?

Oh and until you are a mod I will say what I like if you don't like what I put block me.

Don't come on here telling me what I can say.

I can't agree that Stoke is a step up from Leicester. Sideways step it is but no more then that, it doesn't matter how long they have been in the Premier League as the 10 teams (minus the newly promoted teams) that didn't qualify for Europe have reset in terms of pulling power regardless of stature. Having said that, I highly doubt we will sign N'Zonzi if Sevilla want him as well as they can offer European football. Sevilla are a step up, Stoke are not.

To be fair, we might not necessarily have to make up 20 points this season, and the points needed could be less or by contrast more. However I'd argue that 4/5 decent players could well boost us to upper-mid table.

We have a decent foundation as it is, the front line is strong with Ulloa capable of getting the goals, Vardy not needing an explanation, Okazaki looks a strong upgrade on Nugent and Kramaric have the potential to grow. In midfield we had a strong finish with Drinkwater picking up and King being key with goals and some superb performances, whilst resigning Cambiasso would really reinforce the middle. With Mahrez, Schlupp, Fuchs and Albrighton we have a decent wing options with plenty of variety and a couple players with space to develop their game. Huth, Was and Morgan looked confident and offered a lot more as well at the back end of last season.

In my eyes, if we sign maybe 2/3 more we'll be well prepared to challenge for 9th (optimistically) to 12th. Obviously you never know but if we can keep up our strengths and the new additions come good we're looking at a good squad with many seasoned internationals and players that have several years experience in Europe's top leagues.

I get what you're both saying. I've said for a while that I think we could be the next one to join the middle tier of clubs such as Stoke, Swansea, West Ham & Southampton but the fact is - we haven't done it yet. 14th in your first year up is a good effort, but it isn't enough to convince someone like N'Zonzi, who is wanting a step UP from Stoke, to join a team who are aiming to do what Stoke have actually done themselves.

Southampton got their business spot on, a mix of wise investments with the fortune of having some quality youngsters come through resulted in them making a real leap up the table. It can be done, I totally agree, but we aren't there yet.

I get what you're both saying. I've said for a while that I think we could be the next one to join the middle tier of clubs such as Stoke, Swansea, West Ham & Southampton but the fact is - we haven't done it yet. 14th in your first year up is a good effort, but it isn't enough to convince someone like N'Zonzi, who is wanting a step UP from Stoke, to join a team who are aiming to do what Stoke have actually done themselves.

Southampton got their business spot on, a mix of wise investments with the fortune of having some quality youngsters come through resulted in them making a real leap up the table. It can be done, I totally agree, but we aren't there yet.

Call me an optimist or biased or whatever but I just cannot ever agree with anyone who thinks Stoke are a step up. Its got to be down to passion and pride of being a Leicester fan. Southampton finished 7th and qualified for Europe yet I'd never consider them a step up out of pure pride. Its just me.

Southampton/stoke are a step up from a team that spent the last 10 years in the championship and pulled itself from the jaws of relegation

edit. That comment made me sound so pessimistic  :kissing:

Edited by lgfualol

Southampton/stoke are a step up from a team that spent the last 10 years in the championship and pulled itself from the jaws of relegation

edit. That comment made me sound so pessimistic :kissing:

lol screw Southampton and Stoke, they are so minuscule compared to the magnificent Leicester. That's tongue in cheek by the way. They are equal to Leicester, just.