Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Guest ttfn

Even the normally top drawer Rory Smith wrote a piece (can't link there's a paywall online) that didn't really sit right.

I'm not sure about Rory Smith. He's written some good stuff but I've got it in my head that he's an absolute spoon.

Edit: so I am sure about him - I think he's an absolute spoon.

Edited by ttfn

Even the normally top drawer Rory Smith wrote a piece (can't link there's a paywall online) that didn't really sit right.

Seems to be mainly opinion pieces by people who don't know the club, the fans, the owners or the (ex-) management team in any depth, meaning they end up as simplistic rants one way or the other.

It's a complex situation and involves a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff that only an informed journalist who works at the KP regularly might know, and even then there seems to be a fair bit of guesswork.

I find it frustrating because it's a halfway house with negatives on both sides. We get the widespread coverage (barely an opinion piece on this if we were in the Championship) with very little of the insight that should inform that coverage.

If they don't know the ins and outs of the decision, as a couple have said, then where's the sense in writing a strongly-worded opinion piece in support of anyone involved?

Other than because they've been asked to do it for the hits, obviously...

What a load of bitter, clueless, faux-moralistic shite that Oliver Brown article is.

Some people think it's a fair piece, at least as fair as the james corrigan piece. so i guess it depends on your perspective.

some of his antics maybe you could ignore if all you care about is having a good football team and have no moral values at all, some of what he did is indefensible.

Either way, the owners are trying to  sell a brand, and when he keeps messing up and we get in the paper for the wrong reasons, they've got to  be at least annoyed with him, possibly disgusted, whether you or I are or not.

like when we signed cambiasso and forest fans said signing henri lansbury was a better deal

Scouse,please tell me this is true.Forest of all clubs should be keeping a low profile and as for Sunderland i laugh at them they are hilarious .

What a pile of utter tripe that is - the McArthur incident was nothing, according to the player himself, the FOAD richly deserved by the fan, and the ostrich comment isn't anything that big name managers haven't done worse than - Van Gaal being incredibly rude to a journo this season to absolutely no reaction, and Benitez having come out with weirder ("Hodgson couldn't see a priest on a mountain of sugar because white liquid in a bottle must be milk"). It says a lot that his players and ex-players spoke so highly of him, and that's not something that could be said of a bully...

Oh, and given Trevor Sinclair has never worked with him, I'm not sure what grounds the simpering eyed **** has for saying once a bully always a bully...

Trevor Sinclair, Is that the same Trevor Sinclair that was charged for damaging a innocent victims car at the West Ham Christmas party?

Haha, we have yet ANOTHER thread on the Sunderland forum. They are obsessed bless em.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/klopp-to-the-foxes.1100877/

There's people calling those obsessed with us out now so that is good. Could you imagine if our forum was full of Sunderland posts. 

"This is becoming yet another of our fans bizarre obsessions mind. 

Some people get so bitter over a club they perceive as inferior getting a little bit exposure and credit for doing something good."

There's people calling those obsessed with us out now so that is good. Could you imagine if our forum was full of Sunderland posts. 

But this one has a point.

only exists on the internet and usually starts because of a deluded ****wit coming on here to wind us up

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/klopp-to-the-foxes.1100877/#ixzz3fCHnzdW2

It makes me sad that our club has regressed so dramatically that we could lose our manager to a tin pot club like Leicester. " Bolton Fan.

This definitely pissed me off this morning... Rot at the bottom of the Championship please.

Edited by Littletoe

It makes me sad that our club has regressed so dramatically that we could lose our manager to a tin pot club like Leicester. " Bolton Fan.

This definitely pissed me off this morning... Rot at the bottom of the Championship please.

they had their 15 minutes of fame and expected them to last..sadly. 

Define "decent". That is utter garbage. I don't think I could disagree more with it. I don't even know where to start. 0/10.

The hypocrisy of the media is astonishing.

Edited by Dan LCFC

Who's the idiot Leicester fan? I've not heard 1 single person say they want a "MON & Lennon dream team"

There was somebody on here who said that but I forget who they are

Edit: yep, found it, somebody actually wants that

Edited by benpicko

" It makes me sad that our club has regressed so dramatically that we could lose our manager to a tin pot club like Leicester. " Bolton Fan.

Imagine getting angry about that lol