Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Sunderland forum is a fvcking joke. What a bitter bunch of tw@ts.

Imagine their forum if we appoint Klopp or Ancelotti (practically impossible I know). "Terrible appointment" and "crap manager, Advocaat is better" posts would be even more hilarious.

Ill avoid this thread a while. Laughing stock of the country again.

Hardly. Most people I've talked to this morning are not particularly shocked. We're a Premiership club and we've chosen to change our manager, it's not like it's never happened.

Imagine their forum if we appoint Klopp or Ancelotti (practically impossible I know). "Terrible appointment" and "crap manager, Advocaat is better" posts would be even more hilarious.

Haha, It would even surprise me if this happened.

like when we signed cambiasso and forest fans said signing henri lansbury was a better deal

Nigel Pearson is good enough to be an England boss, says former Leicester City keeper Tim Flowers

By Leicester Mercury  |  Posted: July 01, 2015

By Rob Tanner

10406819-large.jpg

Former City star Tim Flowers rates Nigel Pearson highly

• "He is a solid man. They are the sort of people, for me, I would be looking at for the national job when Roy Hodgson finishes.

"Nigel is a good man. Management is the most unbelievably pressured job you could possibly do.

"It is ridiculous some of the stuff you have to put up with. It is incredible. He has conducted himself in a good manner. "He runs a solid ship. I played against him lots of times. You knew you were in a game when you played Pearson and his teams mirror him. If you are looking for an Englishman for the job, then I think the likes of him will not be far off."

Flowers also said clubs that repeatedly sacked managers will never achieve success, and that stability was the key.

"The most successful managers in English football have been Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger and now Jose Mourinho," said Flowers.

"How long have they stayed in their jobs? That's because they have been given time to build a club and build a culture and a system. They are given time to build a philosophy. If you give a manager just 10 months you have no chance.

"If you want to keep going down that route then you are going to find it very difficult unless you hit the jackpot and land lucky on one man.

"The vast majority of clubs who keep chopping and changing have got no chance because people are coming in after a previous manager who only has a few months, and having to change half the lads they don't want and can't get them out.

"It becomes a vicious circle. Unless clubs have a plan and stick to that plan, then you are going to keep seeing lads fired off."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Nigel-Pearson-good-England-boss-says-Leicester/story-26815748-detail/story.html#ixzz3efHkusqJ 

Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Leicester City try to bury bad news of Nigel Pearson’s sacking

It used to be easy to bury bad news or, at least, news that you didn’t want anybody to read.

The advent of the internet makes it harder than ever but by sacking Nigel Pearson on a Tuesday afternoon, while the news channels were predicting a Greek tragedy and a real tragedy continued to unfold in Tunisia, Leicester City had a go.

The truth is that there are only 20 Premier League managers at any one time so when one loses his job it always makes the news and that meant that Leicester’s statement was devoid of any specific reason for Pearson’s departure.

Don’t forget this was a manager who at the back end of last season’s successfully salvaged campaign enjoyed the best run of form anywhere in Europe.

Before then, Pearson had been told as early as February that he was out of a job only to be given a Thai pardon and reinstated a few hours later.

Clearly, the owners wanted him out, but had the club’s outstanding end to the season to consider.

I’ve never been a big one for conspiracy theories but let me lay the facts out in front of you on the table.

The owners wanted Pearson out and, at the end of the season, the club went to Thailand on a “goodwill” tour.

While there, no fewer than three Leicester players, including Pearson’s son, James, were accused of taking part in a racist sex tape.

They were all sent home and later sacked by the club.

Timely situations like this have been known to happen in football before. It is by no means an isolated case.

As I say, I don’t do conspiracy theories. I’m just saying, that’s all.

Ways you can follow TSF:

Twitter – @TSF

Facebook – The Secret Footballer

Instagram – Secret_Footballer

Read more at http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/tsf-diary/26608/leicester-city-try-to-bury-bad-news-of-nigel-pearsons-sacking/#qGXfTE0DiH5V2pfW.99

What a pile of utter tripe that is - the McArthur incident was nothing, according to the player himself, the FOAD richly deserved by the fan, and the ostrich comment isn't anything that big name managers haven't done worse than - Van Gaal being incredibly rude to a journo this season to absolutely no reaction, and Benitez having come out with weirder ("Hodgson couldn't see a priest on a mountain of sugar because white liquid in a bottle must be milk"). It says a lot that his players and ex-players spoke so highly of him, and that's not something that could be said of a bully...

Oh, and given Trevor Sinclair has never worked with him, I'm not sure what grounds the simpering eyed **** has for saying once a bully always a bully...

Not that this is a popular view. Gary Lineker, who has repaired his own feud with Pearson, spoke for many when he asked Leicester, rhetorically: "Could you kindly reinstate him like the last time you fired him? Are the folk running football stupid? Yes." Alas, it is far too sweeping a brushstroke. Under Lineker's logic, every foreign owner becomes tarred as some dastardly interloper, ruining our game, corroding its soul, while underlining time and again the failure to appreciate the rough-edged characters that Harry Redknapp might call "real football men"

The insinuation that Lineker is tarring all foreign owners as something is a very cheap and unfair shot. He also accused the Norwich board (English born) of being the same when Hughton was sacked last year. Whether you agree with his sentiment or not, to dress it up as a dig at foreigners is incorrect. 

Edited by Corky

What a pile of utter tripe that is - the McArthur incident was nothing, according to the player himself, the FOAD richly deserved by the fan, and the ostrich comment isn't anything that big name managers haven't done worse than - Van Gaal being incredibly rude to a journo this season to absolutely no reaction, and Benitez having come out with weirder ("Hodgson couldn't see a priest on a mountain of sugar because white liquid in a bottle must be milk"). It says a lot that his players and ex-players spoke so highly of him, and that's not something that could be said of a bully...

Oh, and given Trevor Sinclair has never worked with him, I'm not sure what grounds the simpering eyed **** has for saying once a bully always a bully...

Maybe deserved, but this incident will never sit easy with me. McArthur and Ostrich fine, they were nothing, but telling a fan "fvck off and die" can never be excused, no matter how much of a dick the fan is. I'm amazed anybody on here can even come close to defending it.

Maybe deserved, but this incident will never sit easy with me. McArthur and Ostrich fine, they were nothing, but telling a fan "fvck off and die" can never be excused, no matter how much of a dick the fan is. I'm amazed anybody on here can even come close to defending it.

Well frankly I wouldn't consider a person who sits there abusing a group of men doing their job for 90 minutes a fan. Buying a ticket doesn't make someone a fan, supporting the side makes someone a fan, and abusing them is the complete antithesis of supporting them. 

• Like 1

Well frankly I wouldn't consider a person who sits there abusing a group of men doing their job for 90 minutes a fan. Buying a ticket doesn't make someone a fan, supporting the side makes someone a fan, and abusing them is the complete antithesis of supporting them. 

Probably true, but completely irrelevant. Maybe 'foad' has become a common put down or something, I just thought it was beyond acceptable. If it was anybody else in football would you gloss over it?

Probably true, but completely irrelevant. Maybe 'foad' has become a common put down or something, I just thought it was beyond acceptable. If it was anybody else in football would you gloss over it?

If the attendee deserved it, yeah - I'd have a bit of admiration for them standing up for themselves tbh. If you want to complain post match, fine but if you want to sit there giving streams of abuse out, you deserve to get it back. I paid for my ticket so I have a right to voice my thoughts is not a good enough defence.

I seem to remember Clough getting praise as well as condemnation for hitting a fan running onto the pitch.

That didn't bother me either considering it's the likes of these types of fan that's buggered up watching football.

Why wasn't there as much  condemnation of the fan who subjected families around him to much more than Pearson did?