Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

From the Sunday Times article by John Aizlewood (remember that name):

Weakest link: Andrej Kramaric: a success in the Croatian HNL, he looked woefully out of his depth after his £9m move, scoring just three times and rarely making the starting XI. Well done Leicester’s scouting system.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Robbie mustoe and jay demerit..on the world service both tipping us for the drop...keep um coming..

Haha. Well I bow down to their superior knowledge of all things LCFC. Might as well not bother this season if they're tipping us to go down.

Weakest link: Andrej Kramaric: a success in the Croatian HNL, he looked woefully out of his depth after his £9m move, scoring just three times and rarely making the starting XI. Well done Leicester’s scouting system.

Yeah. Well done Leicester's scouting system. He might as well retire already seeing as he won't get in our team ahead of someone signed from Fleetwood, someone from Le Havre or someone from Mainz.

Weakest link: Andrej Kramaric: a success in the Croatian HNL, he looked woefully out of his depth after his £9m move, scoring just three times and rarely making the starting XI. Well done Leicester’s scouting system.[/size]

You'd have thought a lot of these two bob journos had enough humble pie last season

Reads like it was written by a fan... so no wonder it actually comes across as knowing what they are talking about.

Reads like it was written by a fan... so no wonder it actually comes across as knowing what they are talking about.

Their Midlands football correspondent doesn't seem to have any particular link to LCFC.

I posted this elsewhere but as it's being discussed here: These predictions show We're going down - according to the sweet Jar Analogy. Let me explain:

You know the competition they have at school fetes and such like, where you have to guess how many sweets are in a jar? It has been proven that if you take everyones guesses, add them together & then divide by the number of guesses (average in other words) the answer will be virtually bang on the correct answer.

Now if we transfer that over to everyones - Journo's, pundits, folk on here etc - prediction as to where we'll finish, add then together, divide by.....you know the rest, well, the answer is - we might as well start planning for promotion from the Championship next season.

So there you have it. The Sweet Jar Analogy, or higher level mathematical theory, as I prefer to call it, shows we are fooked. And you can't argue with that!

sorry not buying this.....bad use of basic probability & stats concepts  :)

The fundamental difference between forecasting how many sweets are in a jar and how a football season will pan out is the number of variables and the inherent uncertainty. Comparatively, for the sweet jar analogy as opposed to football punditry, these are very low and low respectively.

There is zero probability that the sweet jar is going to change its shape, constitution or contents...nothing externally is going to influence it and nothing any other sweet jar is going to make one iota of difference.

This is pretty much the reason why pundits are so bad at the beginning of the season...its not their fault, its just that they can not compute the inter dependant probability distributions across multiple variables and even if they could they would need to keep updating with each new peice of eveidence....which is what they do and why they get better as the season progresses.

i'll get my coat....... :thumbup:

Edited by Jacnah
  • Like 2