Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Kante is young and pursued by some high pedigree clubs.

Benalouane on the other hand seems a very strange buy, little pedigree and fans and pundits who've seen him play are to a man saying he's overpriced and won't improve us.

He has already improved our squad, seeing as we lost an experienced centre back in Upson, Morgan is most likely unavailable for a while, Was is getting on a bit, Moore struggled last season, RDL is a right back, Fuchs is a left back. Chilwell is straight out of the academy.

If we are going to play 3 centre backs we desperately needed another one. We got one, stop bloody slagging him off, at least wait until he has actually played a game.

Edited by Captain...

tbf i don't think this is an unreasonable write up.

The two players in questions do have questionmarks over them and are unknown quantities really. People can point at supposed links elsewhere but that doesn't really mean anything. 

If you consider a top half standard prem team we only have a handful of players of that level and a few we have hopes for: schmeical, huth...er????

the likes of drinky, king, morgan, de laet, was, schlupp, vardy, nugent, ulloa etc had varying levels of success last season but can't really be considered 'proven'.

If I was a fan of another prem team I wouldn't exactly be scared by our first team line up.

It also remains to be seen whether the change of manager is a good or bad thing in terms of team cohesiveness and effort.

Stop viewing everything through blue-tinted specs.

Fair post, but I genuinely don't see us as 'prime candidates to go down', as  somebody described us, and I'm not really sure I've heard a convincing argument to sway me otherwise.

They might have doubts about a couple of our signings and manager, but doubts and people being unproven isn't enough to make a definitive judgement. I could say I have doubts about everyone's new signings. But who do they actually think is shit?

We're basically the Crystal Palace of this time last year, from the outside it appears like utter turmoil and we're the most likely team outside of the newly promoted clubs to go down.  Would put money on us repeating their success of last season. 

tbf i don't think this is an unreasonable write up.

The two players in questions do have questionmarks over them and are unknown quantities really. People can point at supposed links elsewhere but that doesn't really mean anything.

If you consider a top half standard prem team we only have a handful of players of that level and a few we have hopes for: schmeical, huth...er????

the likes of drinky, king, morgan, de laet, was, schlupp, vardy, nugent, ulloa etc had varying levels of success last season but can't really be considered 'proven'.

If I was a fan of another prem team I wouldn't exactly be scared by our first team line up.

It also remains to be seen whether the change of manager is a good or bad thing in terms of team cohesiveness and effort.

Stop viewing everything through blue-tinted specs.

Yes there are several question marks over us... But more than those coming up? They are regularly being tipped to stay up over us, just as QPR and Burnley were.

We're basically the Crystal Palace of this time last year, from the outside it appears like utter turmoil and we're the most likely team outside of the newly promoted clubs to go down.  Would put money on us repeating their success of last season.

Does that extend to getting rid of the old dinosaur we appointed before the season started and hiring someone decent at Chrismas like they did? I hope so, too.

Does that extend to getting rid of the old dinosaur we appointed before the season started and hiring someone decent at Chrismas like they did? I hope so, too.

Yeh not sure you thought that one through Lionator me old china....

Benalouane claims he was offered a transfer by Milan and Roma last season. No need for him to make that up. However, apparently he isn't good enough for us ??

A bit of a strange signing, I surely didn't have him on my radar and him being a bit oblivious to it at first seems to cement that general hint of a surprise. :D

However, let's get behind him. I'm sure in the position he's in, he can use all the support that he can get.

NBC Sports Premier League Preview

Watched the preview show tonight, and unfortunately both Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe are predicting relegation for us.

They did say we would have a chance if Ranieri becomes the first fired manager of this season.

This will only be my second full season of watching the Premier League and of following Leicester, and I sure as hell don't wanna see us relegated at the end of this season.

If it was like their Men in Blazers appearance, they had no reasoning besides not thinking Ranieri was a good fit and that the team was in a shambles. I don't really put much weight into their thoughts on anybody but the top 4.

Watched the preview show tonight, and unfortunately both Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe are predicting relegation for us.

They did say we would have a chance if Ranieri becomes the first fired manager of this season.

This will only be my second full season of watching the Premier League and of following Leicester, and I sure as hell don't wanna see us relegated at the end of this season.

It's going to be OK, marbles. :) You have until Christmas to start worrying about that.

Besides, if there's anything this club has shown over the past few seasons it's that most pundits haven't a clue.

So they predict relegation before Watford, Bournemouth, Norwich, Sunderland, Villa or Newcastle?

I can see why we're not attractive proposition or a somewhat bland brand to the outside world (read: US audience), but that's just hilarious.

We may struggle and yes, we may face "second season syndrome", but I don't think it's that clear-cut in terms of struggling.

When are the NBC actually going to go for a real set of pundits?

whats new? a fair few pundits had us slated for relegation last year, too. i know we were bottom for quite a chunk of time, but look how we managed to turn things around. eventually we were safe by some distance really.

the squad is basically the same, minus cambiasso, who of course is a big loss. but we have also added some good players, perhaps with one or two more to still come. i think, i hope, the experience of last year will stand us in good stead and bode well for the coming season, and beyond.

i don't mind being the underdog again, so i really couldn't give a toss what these so called 'expert' pundits think!

Its seemingly quite positive that we are signing solid quality players, rather than chasing the super $$ players. 

One of the things that i think almost everyone agrees on, was that Pearson built a solid squad and it seems that Ranieri is doing much of the same, at perhaps a slightly higher level, not buying just by names.

The old  "Table doesnt lie" statement i think was true for us at the close of the season We played well and had little luck through the middle and then played well and had lots of luck toward the end, the season balanced out and 14th was a good, fair result.

Assuming that occurs again in 15/16 and with our careful (if slightly stepped up) buying, then somewhere in the low to mid teens should be the outcome.

We have alot of young players who are only improving, schlupp mahrez kramaric ect these all can seem like new signings every season as they have no where near peaked.

Pundits don't see it like that they just see us with the same squad with a loss of a huge head cambiasso.

He was our best player last season and his experience and class will be missed, If you think that we wont miss him much thats your opinion but i have to say there is no player that could replace him so cheap

He only became our best player when Huth came into the side. If Huth hadnt showed up i fear we would have never seen the best of Cambiasso

I agree with your first bit but the second part is no more true. Huth made a significant difference, but so did several players coming into form; Cambiasso and Vardy being the main ones. Not to mention Albrighton finally getting a run in the team.

At the heart of it all was a change to a almost throwing caution to the wind attacking style, something we should have done all season. This was the real difference, more important than any one player.

Again. Players only performed once our defence was sorted. A Team is built from the back. Mids and Forwards can focus on attacking when they know defence is up to scratch

Again. Players only performed once our defence was sorted. A Team is built from the back. Mids and Forwards can focus on attacking when they know defence is up to scratch

Mids and Forwards cab focus on attacking when the manager lets them.

Doesn't matter how solid or sloppy the defence is, if we're not prepared to attack we won't score.

Unsurprisingly all the writers at the Guardian have us down for relegation (still bitter after getting nigel's phantom sacking wrong?):

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/aug/05/premier-league-2015-16-season-predictions

Paul Doyle and Louise Taylor have always been the Guardian football writers I've respected the most.

Mids and Forwards cab focus on attacking when the manager lets them.

Doesn't matter how solid or sloppy the defence is, if we're not prepared to attack we won't score.

Precisely. Pearson changed formations to try and improve us defensively.

We played 5 at the back when our defence was weak. We went 3-5-2 with more attacking intent when our CBs were more capable at the job ie when Huth arrived. This then allowed Cambiasso a more attacking role.

Thats how i see it