Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I posted this elsewhere but as it's being discussed here: These predictions show We're going down - according to the sweet Jar Analogy. Let me explain:

You know the competition they have at school fetes and such like, where you have to guess how many sweets are in a jar? It has been proven that if you take everyones guesses, add them together & then divide by the number of guesses (average in other words) the answer will be virtually bang on the correct answer.

Now if we transfer that over to everyones - Journo's, pundits, folk on here etc - prediction as to where we'll finish, add then together, divide by.....you know the rest, well, the answer is - we might as well start planning for promotion from the Championship next season.

So there you have it. The Sweet Jar Analogy, or higher level mathematical theory, as I prefer to call it, shows we are fooked. And you can't argue with that!

You can easily argue with that. Your argument is nonsense and couldn't be used as a "higher level mathematical theory" and certainly doesn't work in the way you are suggesting regarding predicting actions (in this case, what happens over a nine-month football season)!

I hope you're pulling people's legs here! 

Three teams who have come up will go down, Chelsea will retain the title. Insightful as ever from Stan.

Stan is one of the simplest pundits around.

Can barely string two sentences together.