Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I think it's a silly question really, but if I had to answer would say no we wouldn't win la liga or bundesliga... As real Madrid, Barcelona, Dortmund and Munich are too strong.

Having said that, no English team would win those leagues either IMO. From all the English teams, we would have the best chance based on this season's form.

Also, at the start of the season who would have thought we would have a chance of winning the league here, so even though it unlikely, we would still have a chance.

Our strength is we won't go into a game with real Madrid thinking we are already beaten. Arsenal and others are usually already beaten before they begin....

Having said all that, its still a stupid question usually put forward by bitter fans or journalists who just can't accept seeing Leicester on top

You could also turn this question on its head and ask how many of those teams would win the Premier League. Not sure they'd fair that well week in week out what with the intensity/aggression of the Premier League, lack of winter break, cup games left, right and centre, along with away trips to places like Bournemouth and Stoke on a cold wet Tuesday evening in December.

Tonight on 5 live... Leicester City: The Impossible Team

"Find out how Leicester City made their remarkable year-long rise from the bottom of the Premier League table to the top, with a 5 live sport special - Leicester City: The Impossible Team, Wednesday, 23 March, 19:30 GMT."

I watched the trailer for this, and it looks like a brilliant programme - I just hope it's available afterwards as a download.

There's a City fan on a Live phone-in right at the start of the traler, and he says something like "No players, no idea which is why we are gonna get relegated" - presumably before a ball had been kicked. Got me wondering whether we need a "Be honest, what did you think back in August" thread - if there isn't one already. I had City finishing 12th, and all my mates thought I was daft.

Someone ought to photoshop that.

(not an actually rooster obviously)

Not an actual cock either, hopefully...

edit: Cockerel, that is... :ph34r:

Edited by Xen

I watched the trailer for this, and it looks like a brilliant programme - I just hope it's available afterwards as a download.

There's a City fan on a Live phone-in right at the start of the traler, and he says something like "No players, no idea which is why we are gonna get relegated" - presumably before a ball had been kicked. Got me wondering whether we need a "Be honest, what did you think back in August" thread - if there isn't one already. I had City finishing 12th, and all my mates thought I was daft.

It was a no brainer for me that we would improve on last season.Form team over the last 2 months of last season.Signing one of Europes top tacklers,(stats wise)Austrian and Swiss captains and a experienced Bundesliga striker.On top of a manager with a track record of improving teams.

Parps you should join a netball forum or a knitting forum.

We can't say spuds arsenil or mention someone with a Jewish name maybe Jewish.

PC gone fvckin crazy on a football forum.

Incase I have offended someone can the mods please vet this post.

lol lol

mods?

Tonight on 5 live... Leicester City: The Impossible Team

"Find out how Leicester City made their remarkable year-long rise from the bottom of the Premier League table to the top, with a 5 live sport special - Leicester City: The Impossible Team, Wednesday, 23 March, 19:30 GMT."

Hope this is decent

He's the Adrian Durham of foxestalk. Just does and says annoying things to try and get a reaction. When you realise that you can just read his posts and enjoy them for what they are, lovely bait.

Todays question of the day on Durhams  Talkshite show was, will Leicester be relegated next season!

Andy King came across really well there. Love they guy.

Yeah he did, top man.

P.S. I loved Matt Elliott as a player, but not convinced by him as a pundit. Find him a bit mundane and not the sharpest tool in the box...

Yeah he did, top man.

P.S. I loved Matt Elliott as a player, but not convinced by him as a pundit. Find him a bit mundane and not the sharpest tool in the box...

I think he's still finding his feet as a pundit, clearly it's a bit of a step up from RL to national radio and TV but I think he's pretty decent

I like matt Elliott and think he's a good pundit giving good insight. He actually does a very good job of correcting stringer when he gets things wrong without it looking like he is doing so or embarrassing stringer in the process. I get the feeling he will be getting more and more offers from elsewhere and we'll be hearing less of him on radio Leicester.

• Like 1

March 21 2015 Internationals in starting XI: Schmeichel, Morgan, Schlupp

March 19 2016 Internationals in starting XI: Schmeichel, Morgan, Fuchs, Mahrez, Kanté, Okazaki, Vardy

You forgot Drinky!

Huth's a former international, too. So RB and 1 winger are the only positions in the XI where we don't have recognized international quality players. Wow.

You forgot Drinky!

Huth's a former international, too. So RB and 1 winger are the only positions in the XI where we don't have recognized international quality players. Wow.

add to that a bench of

Schwarzer (109 caps)

Wasyl (60 caps)

Inler (89 caps and current captain)

Kingy (32 caps)

Schlupp (11 caps)

Gray (england u18 all the way through to u21)

etc etc. we good. 

Not sure how I missed Drinky.

And while this conversation has gone ridiculous, let's not forget about Schwarzer's 152 Prem clean sheets. With Cech hurt, there probably isn't a team dressing two keepers anywhere near them.

Edited by NewEnglandFox