Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Talking with Novosti in Serbia, Mitrovic said: "Honestly, I'm for Tottenham to win the title. I like the principle of pushing their young players, and the coach Pochettino is excellent. We just played against Leicester and were almost better than them."

I guess he thinks Tottenham are better than us? despite winning 3.0 and 1.0 against Newcastle and Tottenham lost 2.1 to Newcastle?

Nice logic Aleksandar!

"Mitrovic thinks Newcastle are almost better than Leicester"

No he doesn't... Do you work for the Daily Star?

He thinks they were almost better than us in a single game!

"We just played against Leicester and were almost better than them."

Martin O'Neill comparing us to Clough's Forest side that won the league in 1978 - with a few soundbites from Pulis and Andy King:

Leicester like Brian Clough's Nottingham Forest - Martin O'Neill

Leicester: The Impossible Team - a 5 live Sport Special Date: Wednesday, 23 March Time: 19:30-21:00 GMT Coverage: Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and online

Former Leicester City manager Martin O'Neill says he can see shades of the Nottingham Forest side that became English and European champions in the 1970s in the current Foxes team.

Leicester, bottom of the Premier League a year ago, are five points clear at the top with seven games to go.

O'Neill played for Brian Clough's Forest when they won the top-flight title in 1978, a year after promotion.

"I see a lot of similarities," he said in a BBC Radio 5 live special.

"They are similar with the two players at the back, with Larry Lloyd and Kenny Burns, you could go right through the side and see similarities.

"It is remarkable in this day and age - when big clubs with a lot of money to spend are ruling the roost - for Leicester to come and win this championship would be an almighty achievement."

Republic of Ireland boss O'Neill, who managed Leicester for five years from 1995, was speaking on 'Leicester: The Impossible Team', a 5 live Sport Special to be broadcast on Wednesday.

The 64-year-old was an integral part of the Forest squad that followed up their league title win with back-to-back European Cup victories.

Forest's achievements during that period are largely considered one of football's greatest success stories, and O'Neill believes Leicester City winning the title would be comparable.

"Without question there is romance about the story - people are talking about it all over Europe," he added. "I was in France recently for a Uefa meeting and it was the talk of the evening, people are really taking note.

"It is a great story and if they do it, it would be the story of the century."

'Foxes title would outshine Forest's achievements'

West Brom boss Tony Pulis thinks Leicester winning the title would eclipse Forest's 1978 title victory.

"This is a bigger achievement because the difference between the finances are massive compared to what they were when Cloughie was managing Forest," he said.

"I am hoping and praying they do it for everyone outside the top six football clubs. It gives everyone that bit of hope, that freshness and I think it makes this league the best in the world.

"It is brilliant for British football, brilliant for the Premier League and brilliant for everyone connected."

From League One to the top of the Premier League

A Leicester title win would be a particularly memorable achievement for the club's longest serving player.

Andy King, 27, came through the Foxes' youth system and the midfielder has played for them in League One, the Championship and now the Premier League.

He already has title-winning medals from the lower two divisions.

"I can remember playing away at Stockport," he said. "It was the second game of the season in League One and we drew 0-0, Matt Oakley launched a shot late on over the bar and into a river behind the stadium.

"Ultimately we got promoted that year and the rest, as they say, is history.

"There's still 21 points to play for this season. It will be a nice story for everyone but we don't want to think about that. We are just concentrating on our football."

Leicester: The Impossible Team is a 5 live Sport Special that will be broadcast on Wednesday night from 19:30-21:00 GMT

Foxes midfielder Andy King will describe the journey the club have been on and Marcello Lippi, Italy's World Cup-winning coach, will give us the insight on boss Claudio Ranieri.

Martin O'Neill, Tony Pulis, captain Wes Morgan, Gary Lineker and the Hollywood film producer who is planning to make Jamie Vardy: The Movie will also give their thoughts on the team that stands on the threshold of the Premier League title.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35877905

Edited by MC Prussian

Please let's  at least win the bloody thing first all that is bollocks if we miss out it's  happened before with us and until we win it we'll  be just known as a team that tried and failed and all this puffery will look stupid and premature.

Bang on. I'm becoming more and more concerned each day that some people think it's a 'done deal' that we'll win the league. Obviously we're in a strong position but reading posts on here and stuff in the press, you'd think we've already won it. Still plenty of points to play for so we need to stay grounded, cool our jets and just take it one step at a time. All this tempting fate is doing my nut it. I'm all for 'believing' but let's be careful not to get ahead of ourselves...

• Like 1