Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Know loads of spuds fans and apart from a couple they are so up themselves and are totally convinced they'll win the title.. They cannot bring themselves to give us any praise for what we've achieved...all you get is the self righteousness spaffing over Arry (horse face) Kane and bloody Delli Alli and how wonderful they are... Different league to Vardy and Drinkwater!!..

God it'll be so wonderful to ram those words down their throats when we win the league!

..please please Liverpool, hammer the *****!

Spurs fans are the type of people who clap when the plane lands. Cvnts.

Actually do want them to win it if we can't but the arrogance they are showing and bitterness towards us is unbelievable

Really? How could you actually want them to win it if we don't? They're worse than Forest for living in the past. Bill Nich, big five, divine right to success, etc, etc. Detest them more than any other team. Edited by Blue Fox 72

Really? How could you actually want them to win it if we don't? They're worse than Forest for living in the past. Bill Nich, big five, divine right to success, etc, etc. Detest them more than any other team.

Who would you rather won it then? One of the usual suspects? At least, like us, they'd be somebody different for once.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still be choked to fvck if we lost it to them but they're the only other side who've even vaguely deserved it this season.

• Like 1

Remember that thread a few months ago where some on here were praising Spurs fans for their choir boy angelic singing of 'When the Spurs go marching in'? I got slated for calling them a bunch of cvnts, so glad to see folk are eventually seeing them for what they are. Spurs fans are indeed, in the main, with the odd exception, a bunch of cvnts.

Beautiful singing, brings a tear to your eyes and should be on Britains Got Talent. Ha ha ha think you got wrong end of stick bud it was more a dig at our million mile an hour singing!

My hatred goes back to 80s when the walk down Seven Sisters back to St Pancras was always a war zone!

• Like 2

Ha ha, so bitter!

COMMENT: It's Tottenham's Title! Leicester Winning It Would Be An Injustice

Written By

Oly Lister - @OlyLister

Published

24/03/2016 16:58

It was obviously going to happen.

Everything was lined up perfectly; Manchester City, Man United, Chelsea and, to some extent, Arsenal, having a season so off the boil they won’t even blanch; Spurs, driven by a newfound defensive solidity not seen for generations, walking through opponents like they weren’t there, guided by a manager who, for once, united fans and players. Glory beckoned. What could go wrong?

Cue Leicester City.

This will sound like sour grapes, but I can’t stand them. Let me clarify: I do not begrudge them their success. For a team built on journeymen to have achieved what they have is nothing short of incredible. They’ve stuck to their game plan, and at the time of writing, they find themselves five clear at the summit. Kudos, Claudio. While commentators have fallen over themselves to lavish praise on them, there is an unspoken truth: they are revolting to watch.

"Long ball merchants", as hackneyed as it is, is not inaccurate. Their game-plan of being a resolute defensive unit and taking their opportunities on the break -- often with long hopeful balls into the channels -- has undone nearly all in their path, Spurs included.

And this is what irks me. Their success has been largely based on the fact they’ve avoided playing football at all costs. I don’t think it’s overly romantic to want the leading team in the league to have dominated at least one match.

Perhaps what irks me further is the hubris of all the teams you’d expect to beat them falling for the same trick time and again. Again, Spurs included. The old “it won’t happen to us” attitude. This is where it went wrong. This is where Leicester won the title.

Of course, this should (and still could) be Spurs' title. We’ve been the best team, played the best football, scored the most goals and conceded the fewest. This should be our fairytale; the youngest squad in the league; players honed through the ranks of the youth setup being the leading lights; a team shaped without spending huge amounts of money; and, ahem, a hugely likeable squad capable of going on tour without becoming embroiled in racist abuse.

It feels like we’re losing a beauty competition to a troll that escaped from beneath its bridge.

It would be a tragedy to miss out on the title to them, but that said, it should not distract from what has been the most exhilaratingly beautiful Spurs team of my lifetime. I’ve never felt so connected with the club and so sure that finally it is on the right track. Quite simply, we’ve been incredible. No one expected this, but no we’re there, we might as well do it. There is very little that is untainted in football, Spurs winning the league could be that reminder that good can prevail.

Please, Tottenham, save football from this injustice.

http://thetottenhamway.com/article/comment-its-tottenhams-title-leicester-winning-it-would-be-an-injustice-

Just read this.      I'm sorry I know we shouldn't rise to it ...   but I would have to rip his friggin head off and piss down his neck.      Cheeky ****.

Just read this. I'm sorry I know we shouldn't rise to it ... but I would have to rip his friggin head off and piss down his neck. Cheeky ****.

I love it that they think they haven't spent much money, maybe not in the last couple of windows but before then they spent and squandered a fortune.

Sure, they have scored most goals and conceded fewest goals, fair play to them for that but we have won the most games and lost the fewest, which is why we have 5 more points than them.

Beautiful singing, brings a tear to your eyes and should be on Britains Got Talent. Ha ha ha think you got wrong end of stick bud it was more a dig at our million mile an hour singing!

My hatred goes back to 80s when the walk down Seven Sisters back to St Pancras was always a war zone!

So was Leicester to be fair.

If you read other team's forums before they play us I've read a few that said they hate Leicester because going there was taking your life in your own hands. That was the 1980's.

Do not fret. This deluded chap is on crack. Possibly the biggest Bell-End ever. You do wonder what he does for a living? Must be fun to work along side.

Shows how adaptable  we are.

http://eplindex.com/75996/leicester-citys-team-tactics.html

Leicester City: Analysing The League Leaders’ Tactics

The first half of this EPL season saw Leicester City build their gameplay around a stunning attacking approach, but their defence is slowly coming out to the fore now. After a fourth 1-0 victory in five games against Crystal Palace on Saturday, here’s a look at Leicester’s tactics and what worked for them.

leicit.png

Leicester’s table domination during Christmas can be attributed to a record of 37 goals in 17 games. Jamie Vardy’s record-breaking scoring run had propelled them to unthinkable heights, but when the goals started drying up for the 29-year-old it was widely anticipated the magic would fade and the Foxes would start to slide.

Their defensive record did not offer any solace either. Leicester had conceded 24 times in those 17 games — the same number as relegation-threatened Swansea. Three months later, Premier League viewers have become accustomed to seeing them at the top — and the Foxes are just seven games away from making history with a title challenge that is rapidly gathering momentum.

Leicester remain a deadly force on the counter-attack. Despite the drop-off in goals scored, however, Leicester’s results have remained consistent, while their lead at the top of the table continues to grow.

A run of four shut-outs in five games has highlighted their defensive resilience in recent weeks, but the stinginess has been apparent for months. With help from midfielder N’Golo Kante, a first-choice back five of Kasper Schmeichel, Danny Simpson, Robert Huth, Wes Morgan and Christian Fuchs has only been breached seven times.

Having found defensive shut-outs so hard to come by at the start of the campaign, Leicester have now kept nine in their last 13 games. In the same period, no other Premier League side has managed more than seven. That in itself is a huge deal for the Foxes, who ought to be renamed the ‘Flying’ Foxes for their brilliant season.

Leicester have also had to adapt to their opponents’ attempts to nullify their goalscoring threat. The Foxes thrived in the first half of the season by ceding possession to their rivals, waiting for mistakes and springing forward on the counter-attack, but since their 2-1 defeat to Arsenal the likes of Norwich and West Brom have played them at their own game.

The Foxes have therefore averaged 53.4 per cent possession in the last five games compared to 40.5 per cent earlier in the season. The enforced change of approach has resulted in fewer opportunities for Ranieri’s attackers to get in behind, but their defensive solidity has made the difference at the other end.

Leicester are now within touching distance of one of the most extraordinary achievements in football history, and while Mahrez and Vardy are likely to battle it out for the player of the year gong, they are certainly not the only individuals who are due a considerable share of the credit.

If Southampton, WBA or Stoke were in our position I'd 100% support them. I'd also support Sunderland or West Ham as well if they were leading the table instead of us, and we were mid table.

If Southampton, WBA or Stoke were in our position I'd 100% support them. I'd also support Sunderland or West Ham as well if they were leading the table instead of us, and we were mid table.

I don't think I could lol I'd be too jealous it wasn't us and want them to fail miserably.

Except for Southampton or West Ham, they're alright

Edited by DB11

The saints fans are having a loyalty crisis on their pre match discussions. Seems they have more hatred for the spuds than we do!

They do.  One of my mates is 53 years old and has had a Saints season ticket for 46 years.  They hate Spurs - mainly in recent times - because of Pochettino who deserted them.  My mate is cheering us on but clearly they still have a chance of Europe so not at their expense.