Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Had Drinkwater body checked Mane the way Wanyama did on Vardy people would be screaming for a red card. I didn't think it was a red for Wanyama mind you, yellow was sufficient, but we know the uproar it'd cause in NL if one of our lads did that.

Step forward Garth Crooks, always the voice of reason:

"It was only "a bit of a push" that led to Wes Morgan's winning goal against Southampton, said former Manchester United goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel. It was a clear push and referee Michael Oliver should have seen it.

Similarly, Southampton were entitled to a penalty when Sadio Mane rounded Kasper Schmeichel only to see Foxes full-back Danny Simpson clear the ball off the line with his arm. At this point, Leicester should have been down to 10 men. Two major calls have put Leicester City in an unprecedented position - but you can't blame Morgan or Simpson for that."

and the bbc pay this guy a wage

I'm amazed the two penalty incidents are being given this degree of discussion. The general points of distinction with handball, in terms of establishing it as deliberate, are (a) is the arm in an unnatural position? (b) is there enough distance between the ball being kicked and the contact, or time between ball being played and contact, for the player to react? Well, in both cases the arm is in a natural position and the ball is hit at it from close range. You very rarely see these given for a perfectly good reason, and I've seen many of these same pundits arguing this to be the case on past occasions. Why they've suddenly rewritten the rule book I don't know.

As for the push - seriously? There's every bit as much an argument that Vardy had a goalscoring opportunity when he was hauled down in the second half, another decision which I thought the referee, on balance, probably got right. For pundits (mainly with Spurs / Arsenal connections) to be arguing that there's been some kind of bias towards Leicester in this game seems surreal, and I say this from the point-of-view of someone who tends to enjoy playing a little devil's advocate in these cases.

I'm amazed the two penalty incidents are being given this degree of discussion. The general points of distinction with handball, in terms of establishing it as deliberate, are (a) is the arm in an unnatural position? (b) is there enough distance between the ball being kicked and the contact, or time between ball being played and contact, for the player to react? Well, in both cases the arm is in a natural position and the ball is hit at it from close range. You very rarely see these given for a perfectly good reason, and I've seen many of these same pundits arguing this to be the case on past occasions. Why they've suddenly rewritten the rule book I don't know.

As for the push - seriously? There's every bit as much an argument that Vardy had a goalscoring opportunity when he was hauled down in the second half, another decision which I thought the referee, on balance, probably got right. For pundits (mainly with Spurs / Arsenal connections) to be arguing that there's been some kind of bias towards Leicester in this game seems surreal, and I say this from the point-of-view of someone who tends to enjoy playing a little devil's advocate in these cases.

Blaming the officials are the last acts of desperation in order to stop us.

It amazes me how bitter, not only Tottenham fans are, but more worryingly how these "football expertise" pundits are pro-Tottenham.

Murphy, Jenas and Crooks are the worst. Incredibly pro-Tottenham and it's a shame as they are paid to give a balanced point of view. They lack any professionalism, all of the BBC pundits too, which is why Sky's analysis is superior.

Sky will have pundits in a Liv/Manc derby game pointing fair observations and giving credit where it is due. These Tottenham pundits want to point to anything to try and perceive Leicester as "lucky".

I can't believe the handball is being debated and to a lesser extent Vardy's tackle. If the ball doesn't hit Simpson's arm, where do it hit him? the goal? the post? nope it would hit his ribcage as Ranieri stated post-match.

These BBC pundits on MOTD are just there for a laugh. It's laughable they get these expertise on the show/website to put their views across when it's incredibly biased without any balanced-professionalism.   

Everton here again and just a tip - stop reading spurs forums!!!

who gives one

you are about to become the most popular champions among rival football fans ever - everyone wants you to do it - i bet united and city fans want it now as well

just enjoy the ride and get on bert kassies http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/qual2015.html

Fully agree but we need something to distract us during the football free days, in between staring at the league table/fixture list and working out all the permutations and combinations and the effects of each game and scouring the web for positive news stories.

Posting the salty spuds rambling is just a form of light relief as we eagerly await Saturdays Sundays.

Rather than moan about supposed penalties Koeman should be more concerned that Mane didn't score what should have been a certain goal,had he not hit Simpson or why he failed to pass to his teammate who would have had a tap-in.

It amazes me how bitter, not only Tottenham fans are, but more worryingly how these "football expertise" pundits are pro-Tottenham.

Murphy, Jenas and Crooks are the worst. Incredibly pro-Tottenham and it's a shame as they are paid to give a balanced point of view. They lack any professionalism, all of the BBC pundits too, which is why Sky's analysis is superior.

Sky will have pundits in a Liv/Manc derby game pointing fair observations and giving credit where it is due. These Tottenham pundits want to point to anything to try and perceive Leicester as "lucky".

I can't believe the handball is being debated and to a lesser extent Vardy's tackle. If the ball doesn't hit Simpson's arm, where do it hit him? the goal? the post? nope it would hit his ribcage as Ranieri stated post-match.

These BBC pundits on MOTD are just there for a laugh. It's laughable they get these expertise on the show/website to put their views across when it's incredibly biased without any balanced-professionalism.   

Not unlike our Gary though are they?

who gives one

you are about to become the most popular champions among rival football fans ever - everyone wants you to do it - i bet united and city fans want it now as well

just enjoy the ride and get on bert kassies http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/qual2015.html

But then whatever will we do for post-match entertainment? :D

Not unlike our Gary though are they?

Gary's the presenter, he's not the one giving analysis and when he does give his opinions he's pretty open about his bias as opposed to giving a view disguised as impartial discourse.

Leicester's Jamie Vardy condemns 'vile' daughter threats

• 20 minutes ago

•  
  • From the sectionLeicester

_88797657_gettyimages-515614172.jpgImage copyrightGetty ImagesImage captionJamie Vardy is the Premier League's top scorer with 19 goals

Police said they are investigating reports of sexual threats directed at Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy's one-year-old daughter.

The tweets were made after a picture of the forward's child, Sofia, was posted on his Twitter page.

Vardy, who has scored 19 league goals for the Premier League leaders this season, called the posts "shocking and vile".

Leicestershire Police said they are liaising with the club over the tweets.

Updates on this story and more from Leicestershire

_89073335_vardydaughtertweetsblurred.pngImage copyrightTwitterImage captionThe tweet has been blurred for its graphic content - Leicestershire Police said they are investigating "a malicious communication"_89073339_vardydaughtertweetsreaction4.pImage copyrightTwitterImage captionThe threats were made after Vardy's fiancée, Rebekah Nicholson, posted a picture of the one-year-old wearing a Leicester City shirt

A number of tweeters reacted angrily to the threats after Vardy took screenshots of the tweets and, on Sunday, posted them to his 240,000 followers.

The 29-year-old's fiancée, Rebekah Nicholson, who originally tweeted the shots of her daughter wearing a Foxes shirt, said the social media users in question needed "locking up".

Former Leicester and Blackpool striker Gary Taylor-Fletcher called those responsible "disgraceful and sick", while another tweeter labelled them "pigs".

_89072933_vardydaughtertweetsreaction5.pImage copyrightTwitter_89072936_vardydaughtertweetsreaction6.pImage copyrightTwitter

A spokesman for Leicestershire Police said: "Leicestershire Police is investigating a report of a malicious communication being sent via social media.

"A report was made today [4 April] of an abusive message being received yesterday evening [3 April] by a woman on Twitter. Enquiries remain ongoing."

A Leicester City Football Club spokesman said: "We have offered our full support to Jamie and his family in dealing with this shocking abuse and referred the matter to the police."

who gives one

I agree with you fully. I do think many here enjoy a Spurs meltdown. It's good for entertainment value.

<p>

Leicester's Jamie Vardy condemns 'vile' daughter threats

_88797657_gettyimages-515614172.jpgImage copyrightGetty ImagesImage captionJamie Vardy is the Premier League's top scorer with 19 goals

Police said they are investigating reports of sexual threats directed at Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy's one-year-old daughter.

The tweets were made after a picture of the forward's child, Sofia, was posted on his Twitter page.

Vardy, who has scored 19 league goals for the Premier League leaders this season, called the posts "shocking and vile".

Leicestershire Police said they are liaising with the club over the tweets.

Updates on this story and more from Leicestershire

_89073335_vardydaughtertweetsblurred.pngImage copyrightTwitterImage captionThe tweet has been blurred for its graphic content - Leicestershire Police said they are investigating "a malicious communication"_89073339_vardydaughtertweetsreaction4.pImage copyrightTwitterImage captionThe threats were made after Vardy's fiancée, Rebekah Nicholson, posted a picture of the one-year-old wearing a Leicester City shirt

A number of tweeters reacted angrily to the threats after Vardy took screenshots of the tweets and, on Sunday, posted them to his 240,000 followers.

The 29-year-old's fiancée, Rebekah Nicholson, who originally tweeted the shots of her daughter wearing a Foxes shirt, said the social media users in question needed "locking up".

Former Leicester and Blackpool striker Gary Taylor-Fletcher called those responsible "disgraceful and sick", while another tweeter labelled them "pigs".

_89072933_vardydaughtertweetsreaction5.pImage copyrightTwitter_89072936_vardydaughtertweetsreaction6.pImage copyrightTwitter

A spokesman for Leicestershire Police said: "Leicestershire Police is investigating a report of a malicious communication being sent via social media.

"A report was made today [4 April] of an abusive message being received yesterday evening [3 April] by a woman on Twitter. Enquiries remain ongoing."

A Leicester City Football Club spokesman said: "We have offered our full support to Jamie and his family in dealing with this shocking abuse and referred the matter to the police."

That is ****ing awful

Social media is full of cowards like that individual

Step forward Garth Crooks, always the voice of reason:

"It was only "a bit of a push" that led to Wes Morgan's winning goal against Southampton, said former Manchester United goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel. It was a clear push and referee Michael Oliver should have seen it.

Similarly, Southampton were entitled to a penalty when Sadio Mane rounded Kasper Schmeichel only to see Foxes full-back Danny Simpson clear the ball off the line with his arm. At this point, Leicester should have been down to 10 men. Two major calls have put Leicester City in an unprecedented position - but you can't blame Morgan or Simpson for that."

and the bbc pay this guy a wage

well it wasn't a penalty 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10229998/ref-watch-no-southampton-penalty-for-handball-against-leicester?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Yeah they're so annoying. I find it hard not to reply. All the "omg double the penalties of anyone else" but how many were harsh penalties? Vardy runs at slow CBs with lots of touches, they always bring him down out of desperation.

There's a few Spurs fans on there whose Usernames I remember because of their constant whining. Same with the one Palace and Sunderland fan that live in our threads trying to make themselves feel better.

Exactly. It's become one of those things that annoys me everytime yet I can't stop reading. They'be most likely watched no more than 3 of our games all season and think they're experts. I still don't see how Vardy's penalty against Arsenal is seen as contentious. He played for it but it was still blatant.

I find Garth Crooks quite amusing. I think someone must have told him that he needed to change his accent and speak in slow, deliberate tones to give the audience the impression he has intelligence, gravitas, insight.

Only he's just not got these attributes - so comes across like some boring, dull cvnt who sites in the corner of a pub, waiting for eye contact so he can start a conversation.

The thing that gets me is the massive focus on Morgan's push (nothing in it) and Simpsons handball, (if we are giving that then it won't be long before top level clubs start amputating players arms) when Robert Huths handball is probably the best shout of the lot.....confusing.

I find Garth Crooks quite amusing. I think someone must have told him that he needed to change his accent and speak in slow, deliberate tones to give the audience the impression he has intelligence, gravitas, insight.

Only he's just not got these attributes - so comes across like some boring, dull cvnt who sites in the corner of a pub, waiting for eye contact so he can start a conversation.

He reminds me of a Jim Henson muppet spaced out on drugs.