Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

On 16/11/2017 at 22:08, Spudulike said:

The dressing room selfies were so Arsenal; all show, no substance and their stupid fans loved it. Given the victory meant they were still behind us (by 2pts),  a lot of us would have been annoyed if our players did the same thing if the roles were reversed.

Just now, FraserSorensen said:

Lawrenson just on football focus calling all leicester fans fickle :blink:

Says no Leicester fans wanted Puel and after getting 4 points in two games we all think he's a genius...

Well to be fair he isnt far wrong if the responses on here, were anything to go by. :P 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, FraserSorensen said:

Says no Leicester fans wanted Puel and after getting 4 points in two games we all think he's a genius...

What does he base that assumption on?

If at all, fans were mostly skeptical or reserved about Puel in the beginning, fearing a bit for the worst given Southampton‘s style of play under his tenure.

A bit like the Ranieri announcement.

The start so far has been bright, but let‘s see where we end up comes next May.

The bbc have been misreporting the general view of our fans for years.

It started with the Ranieri appointment, which ok wasn’t widely celebrated, but most weren’t as negative as they made out.

Then with ranieri’s sacking where the majority of fans agreed with the decision but the bbc made out like we were all in mourning.

Likewise with Shakespeare on both his appointment and sacking and now with Puel.

It couldn’t be more obvious that they are misreporting our views to fit their own narrative, and that’s tabloid journalism. Expect much better from a publicly funded organisation like the bbc.

Edited by Rogstanley
  • Like 1

"Remind me which team did the Guardian out has having shell companies that created money witth no obvious product to sell ? Which team went bust but didnt get any sanction , then got promoted the season after ? Clue they play in blue, reside in the east midlands and are called City."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/18/leicester-city-manchester-city-premier-league-match-report#comment-108421657

How many UEFA investigations have Man City had into their financial doping?

16 hours ago, FraserSorensen said:

Seen that myself and about spat my drink out. They're on one big wind up I'm absolutely sure of it now.

15 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Not really.

The vast majority of Leicester fans were very much on the fence, saying ‘let him prove himself’.

It was the media that didn’t want Puel.

My thoughts exactly. Absolutely hilarious how the ridiculous nobhead turns that on us when it was the media. "RIP British coaching" lol 

19 hours ago, MarshallForEngland said:

C) How I actually felt about it at the time. 

How is this a difficult concept to understand? You're talking about misremembering something, when what is actually happening is that information came to light afterwards which shows that my perception at the time may have been an illusion. That genuinely is how I felt about it, the Arsenal game didn't seem that big of a deal afterwards, I'm not misremembering anything. Again, had I known about the players pinning pictures of the defeat on the walls and using them to motivate themselves, my impression would likely have been different, but Huth's revelations could not possibly have retrospectively altered my view of the situation at the time could they. What do you not understand about this? 

I think you'll find the illusion is that Huth's revelations, have retrospectively altered the situation. That's how I actually felt, at the time. Innit.

Edited by TheLittleBigMan

The worrying trend seems to be that reporters are looking on social media and fan sites to get insight into supporters opinions but don't apply sense or balance to it, those unhappy with a situation will shout the loudest while those content remain quiet with a few defenders, a case of the noisy minority. An example of this is on here when there seemed to be thread after thread of Pearson out topics, the assumption would be that we all wanted Pearson out, yet when someone did a pole about 80% where in favour of him staying.

I think this was the situation with Ranieri, while everyone was sad to see him gone it was felt necessary, having looked online at this and the non fans over reaction nations media believed we were outraged leading them to wait in excitement for us to rip the owners apart during the Liverpool game and to turn on the players. What actually happened we all know, the players came out we roared our appreciation and support and drove them on to victory and a run of good results, had we turned it could have finished us, but the media didn't understand the situation and what was happening at the club and completely misread the situation.

Edited by Vlad the Fox
  • Like 1

As suggested by nowheremantoo, Leicester might still be in the Championship if it weren't for "financial doping", where they were found in breach of financial regulations, and there are a lot of their creditors who have never been paid their due as Leicester have reaped the financial rewards of life in the PL. This has been pointed out to you before, but you persist in coming on here targeting solely Manchester City, whose team is not hundreds of millions more expensive than Manchester United or Chelsea's, and in the last salary ladder was found to be 4th, behind Manchester United, and two of Arsenal and Liverpool and Chelsea, with the other not far away either, only those clubs have white owners, a closet racism this publication doesn't do enough to address. On the contrary which I would argue it ignores and grooms to attract racist coffee mornings and night time brawls in aid of boosting clicks.

https://discussion.theguardian.com/comment-permalink/108435106

Man City fans are weird. 

Man City fans are insecure. Pep should have gone to Arsenal. Perfect club for him. Big club with an amazing history and huge fan base. Pre their oil money I was always agnostic about Man City. Now I see them as a bit pathetic. Great football, small club mentality. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Man City fans are insecure. Pep should have gone to Arsenal. Perfect club for him. Big club with an amazing history and huge fan base. Pre their oil money I was always agnostic about Man City. Now I see them as a bit pathetic. Great football, small club mentality. 

But then he would have turned Arsenal into a success - well, if their board had any money to give him in between moving their cash about in order to buy Everton - and Arsenal fans are insufferable enough. Even the thought of that disgusts me. 

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

But then he would have turned Arsenal into a success - well, if their board had any money to give him in between moving their cash about in order to buy Everton - and Arsenal fans are insufferable enough. Even the thought of that disgusts me. 

Arsenal fans can be insufferable but at least they don't have a small club mentality and they don't legitimately think there's a worldwide conspiracy against them by the FA, UEFA, the media and refs. 

Pep had to literally beg them to attend a Champions League game. 

http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-reactions-fails-pep-guardiolas-plea-for-city-fans-to-attend-champions-league-games-20170924

Sheikh Mansour should have bought a decent club like Newcastle or something. They wouldn't have to beg Newcastle fans to turn up for CL games.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Of all the fanbases out there to criticise, are we really going to slaughter Man City?  After what they went through 80's and 90's ?  What were their crowds in the third division? 

Let's be honest, all fans are c**ts when it comes to their own team. I still give it the big 'un about our title win to my mates who support "top 6" sides, partly for a reaction, but also because their snobbery annoys me. 

• Like 1