Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

12 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Um..

You invoked Godwins law, I pointed it out.

Actually you invoked it and I was just wondering why that meant "oh dear".  You're clearly making a judgement of sorts but I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say...  That any joke mentioning WWII is automatically redundant along with any point or comparison drawn by making it? 

13 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Actually you invoked it and I was just wondering why that meant "oh dear".  You're clearly making a judgement of sorts but I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say...  That any joke mentioning WWII is automatically redundant along with any point or comparison drawn by making it? 

you don't get it, that's fine.

On 19/11/2017 at 15:20, Koke said:

Man City fans are insecure. Pep should have gone to Arsenal. Perfect club for him. Big club with an amazing history and huge fan base. Pre their oil money I was always agnostic about Man City. Now I see them as a bit pathetic. Great football, small club mentality. 

No way, Arsenal fans are the biggest bunch of whiny entitled fookers around. Would much rather see the more down to earth Man City fans get the success. My favourite 'big 6' team by far, hope they win it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

No way, Arsenal fans are the biggest bunch of whiny entitled fookers around. Would much rather see the more down to earth Man City fans get the success. My favourite 'big 6' team by far, hope they win it

At least you've got a choice - my wife is an Arsenal fan, so I don't (if I want her to support Leicester, too).  (Anyway, time for beddies...)

3 minutes ago, Wookie said:

90% reasonable posts, 10% bin liners on TFC. It’s probably a worse ratio on here though.

Check it out around final whistle of a losing match and much of it is antisocial psychosis.  Like a look round inside an asylum.  A good laugh in small doses, but if FT were that bad I wouldn't be here.

Not that I ever check it out after Spurs win   :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Small minded..   you see... they have never won the premier league

im surrounded by them.some are really good mates, so always a bit of good banter( 1 season)but my neighbour tries his hardest to wind me up, especially when we got stuffed last year, but I just mention those 3 words "Premier League Champions" and then he talks about the weather.

yes they are a good side and better than us since and before but I really don't care, I was disappointed after the stuffing , long drive home and then it all comes flooding back.

We battled.They bottled.

it shouldn't have happened, but it did and I will take that to my grave.

TBH the first call on that night was from a Spurs STH who we had been winding each other up all season to congratulate me.All my Spurs mates are good lads to be fair but I think knowing so many made my experience better and albeit cockiness on my part I hold something over them.

8 old school friends go out for a few drinks before xmas

5 Spurs 

1 Man Utd

2 Leicester ( surprising here)

only 3 of us know that feeling

• Like 1

In fairness to Spurs fans, aside from the handful of absolute embittered whoppers on that group, they're rather less whiny than their North London neighbours. 

Arsenal Fan TV is the absolute epitome of their fanbase. Weird fvckers.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bilo said:

In fairness to Spurs fans, aside from the handful of absolute embittered whoppers on that group, they're rather less whiny than their North London neighbours. 

The prats on Arsenal fan TV are self aware and play up to their characters 

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Bilo said:

At least Arsenal are whining because they’ve gone from having a successful team to a bunch of underachievers. Don’t know where Spurs self entitled attitude stems from

42 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

At least Arsenal are whining because they’ve gone from having a successful team to a bunch of underachievers. Don’t know where Spurs self entitled attitude stems from

its because they tell themselves they have has a couple of good seasons - but they have won nothing (and secretly that hurts - so they are very defensive in conversation).