Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Don't suppose anyone knows what site that video introducing the US to Leicester was from do they? They've taken it down and I wanted to show it to someone. 

Strange they took that down tbh, they had all the Prem teams on there. Heres another one (ESPN), I'll keep looking for the one that was took down

Edit : Here we go, its on their site http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/06/premier-league-2014-15-preview-leicester-city/

And that first vid is fkin laughable

Edited by SpazticChicken

Strange they took that down tbh, they had all the Prem teams on there. Heres another one (ESPN), I'll keep looking for the one that was took down

Edit : Here we go, its on their site http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/06/premier-league-2014-15-preview-leicester-city/

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/74166-the-do-they-mean-us-thread/?p=3084113

I watched about a minute of that ESPN video before I got angry.

Who's the clueless jock ****?

Steve Nicol - former Liverpool renter.

Mate you should listen to him talk about European football on that show. Makes me sick.

Seems the 'experts' are writing us off on the basis that they don't really know many of our players. QPR on the other hand, have some household names so obviously they'll be fine.

Hopefully we'll do a Swansea and prove these Knobheads wrong.

What everyone else has said.

QPR were absolutely shag last year.

'Not used to losing' Obviously they didn't see us implode the season before last.

Clueless. They've just looked at our squad, seen no big names and suggest we haven't really got much off a chance.

Edited by Maybes

QPR only get the high rating they do because everyone loves 'Arry, they have players who were shit hot in FIFA 08 and the press love nothing more than a London club. They won't be pulling up any trees next season without better purchases.

Unless Remy stays, their strikeforce managed 60 goals last season and they haven't improved on it. We only conceded one more goal, although Caulker is a good signing.

I don't think there will be a lot to choose between us and QPR this season.

Steve Nicol - former Liverpool renter.

Mate you should listen to him talk about European football on that show. Makes me sick.

Didn't ESPN used to have James Richardson covering European stuff? He's the best anchor on television, and Mark Hately was always fairly reasonable. Talk about one end of the spectrum to the other.

QPR buying their way to safety. 

If it doesn't pay off they are ****ed surely? Like it didn't work last time around, to do it again and fail would be catastrophic? I don't know how they have gotten away with it to be honest!

QPR buying their way to safety.

If it doesn't pay off they are ****ed surely? Like it didn't work last time around, to do it again and fail would be catastrophic? I don't know how they have gotten away with it to be honest!

They got away with it by being pretty lucky. Unless you're Col then it was a tactical masterclass

Lets be honest, these clubs always find a way around it. Forest shouldn't be splashing £6.5mil in one day given their farce of a season from a financial point of view - QPR are the luckiest club in the country bar none and if they go down this year they'll still find a way to maintain their stupid transfer policy in the Championship whilst some people make excuses for their ridiculous antics. Unbelievable how anyone can actually defend what QPR do. Absolutely unbelievable.

The European Football show on BT with James Richardson is decent it's just a shame the pundits are usually uninspiring.

Disagree - I think Laurens, Honigstein and Horncastle are knowledgable, witty (at times) and interact well with Richardson.

I'd much rather have those three commenting on a weekend's action than some ex-players that can barely string a sentence together.

Can't wait for it to start again.

Couldn't disagree more if I tried.

Our best 'player' will be Nigel Pearson...

We need to improve on David Nugent... 'Notable signing Ulloa'

We are not used to loosing?

We need a good start to the season....

These lot ain't done their homework AT ALL

These are the type of guys, come the end of the season.... 'I knew they would be safe with the likes of Danny Drinkwater and Riyad Mahrez'

They didn't mention any of our best players. So annoyed with that tosh for the world to see!

Disagree - I think Laurens, Honigstein and Horncastle are knowledgable, witty (at times) and interact well with Richardson.

I'd much rather have those three commenting on a weekend's action than some ex-players that can barely string a sentence together.

Can't wait for it to start again.

I was thinking more the American-Italian guy

That ESPN video is great. I wish all the other Premier League teams were thinking the same thing about us!

I can understand people tipping us to go down, but I really don't understand the suggestion that we're miles away from other teams. I suspect that we will be in a relegation battle, along with 7-8 other teams. The bottom half of the Prem is very average imo, and we'll pick points up against some of those sides. I like how being used to winning was turned into a negative too! Haha.

That ESPN video is great. I wish all the other Premier League teams were thinking the same thing about us!

I can understand people tipping us to go down, but I really don't understand the suggestion that we're miles away from other teams. I suspect that we will be in a relegation battle, along with 7-8 other teams. The bottom half of the Prem is very average imo, and we'll pick points up against some of those sides. I like how being used to winning was turned into a negative too! Haha.

If we think dispassionately for a second, who would take Konchesky from us? Who would take DeLaet? Albrighton (who I think is a shrewd signing) has left a Villa side in a seemingly terminal decline, Nugent (somewhat unfairly) is best remembered for a failed big money move to Pompy, Ulloa is seen as over priced, Wasilewski will be a Wasilwho? to anyone outside Leicester, Morgan is seen as a decent 'big' centre back etc

As limited as many outsiders views of us may been seen by fellow city fans, we too have an incredibly limited knowledge of the standard of other Prem sides following our decade out of the top flight. It'll be the speed at which we adapt that'll prove key, the fixtures are kind and cruel in equal measure, the run in seems reasonably benign BUT that means we'll need to be prepared to weather a very very very poor first 2/3 of the season