Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

yeah new to boxing

or maybe listened to him spout shit how he was sick of the bums in boxing and was gonna knock this bloke out.

Its what he's always done, but each to their own how they take him I guess.

Framptons best is his behind him but still levels above Warrington imo.

Apart from where Bunce said Fury was rated 6 in the UK by him 

did they actually mention any of the top heavyweights during the 10 rounds

By name yes all of them. 

You seem to be misinterpreting my point so I’ll say it again.

very weird no one said his name out loud, from what I saw, I did fast forward a few bits. But no one said the name Antony Joshua out loud from what I saw.

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

By name yes all of them. 

You seem to be misinterpreting my point so I’ll say it again.

very weird no one said his name out loud, from what I saw, I did fast forward a few bits. But no one said the name Antony Joshua out loud from what I saw.

No you seem to be missing the point

I watched the whole thing 

i didnt hear them say Bellew or Whytes name either apart from Bunce at the start, so Joshua not being mentioned is no surprise  

so not sure where you heard it

Edited by HankMarvin

i didnt hear them say Bellew or Whytes name either apart from Bunce at the start, so Joshua not being mentioned is no surprise  

Bunce mentioned whyte and bellew during his run down. No Joshua. Just rewound it. That wasn’t the beginning that’s when you turned the boxing on btw there was a world title fight on before that.

Like I say seems a consented effort to pretend like Joshua doesn’t exist you don’t agree fair enough. 

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Bunce mentioned whyte and bellew during his run down. No Joshua. Just rewound it. That wasn’t the beginning that’s when you turned the boxing on btw there was a world title fight on before that.

Like I say seems a consented effort to pretend like Joshua doesn’t exist you don’t agree fair enough. 

I did say the Bunce rundown, its not like they where waxing lyrical about the other uk opponents during the Fury fight 

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

I did say the Bunce rundown, its not like they where waxing lyrical about the other uk opponents during the Fury fight 

Not about them waxing lyrical. Like I say you missed the point.

Wilder fury warren pundits commentators, no one mentioned his name out loud. Despite him being one of the most of not the most talked about boxers on the planet. Even when they were clearly referring to him no one said his name.

I have so warmed to Fury. 

To come back from the weight he was, his mental health problems etc to even get back into the ring, is some feat, let alone to be fighting Wilder at some point.

He’s different, he says his mind, he’s not as packaged up as AJ and is willing to swear on camera.

Fury v Wilder should be some fookin spectacle!

13 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Christ you are hard work tonight.

im not expecting them to give details of his next fight and how to order it, it is just interesting that no one has spoken his name out loud, when they’ve had no problem talking about the other fighters In the top 10. To the point where David haye said fury was the only legitimate champion as he beat wlad for the belt and fury purposely had a dig without mentioning his name. 

12 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Your tete-a-tete last night was more interesting than the fight. When are you two getting in the ring?

Typical Fury really. He can say what he wants in the build up, he was always going to box that way. It's his modus operandi, as Manwell pointed out. You'd think he needs to improve a lot from this to beat Wilder but Fury is nothing if not awkward to face. I doubt Wilder will have faced anyone quite like him.

Edited by Max Wall

Fury thinks he is better than he actually is, he had a great night when winning the titles.

He is easy to hit and not enough power to ko the big guys out there. He has done tremendous to get into the shape he is in in under 12 months. 

He clearly needs rounds not a dust up with a huge puncher like wilder. Massive respect to him for taking it so soon, as awkward as he is to fight he can’t stay out of trouble with wilder he is to slow.

28 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Your tete-a-tete last night was more interesting than the fight. When are you two getting in the ring?

Typical Fury really. He can say what he wants in the build up, he was always going to box that way. It's his modus operandi, as Manwell pointed out. You'd think he needs to improve a lot from this to beat Wilder but Fury is nothing if not awkward to face. I doubt Wilder will have faced anyone quite like him.

Well Wilder hasn’t fought one decent fighter, Ortiz being his best but still fury isn’t near where he needs to be. AJ would smoke them both at the same time.

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well Wilder hasn’t fought one decent fighter, Ortiz being his best but still fury isn’t near where he needs to be. AJ would smoke them both at the same time.

I'm not really disputing the quality of opponents Wilder has had, I haven't even seen most of his fights other than the finishing few punches, so I'm in no position to judge tbh. Personally, I don't think too many of Joshua's opponents have been much of anything either. Klitschko was old and looked washed up and still came very close to beating him. Parker looked nothing special either (before, during or since their fight). Whyte's attitude and commitment seem to have improved recently and he may prove a worthy opponent now but he was all over the place around the time he fought Joshua.

Not sure I agree with your confidence regarding Joshua. He may end up beating both but he's a bit meh and grossly

over-hyped. Time will prove one of us correct of course. It's all just opinions at this point.

Styles definitely make fights and a boxer one guy has no trouble with can be an awful handful for some other, similarly rated boxer.

3 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I'm not really disputing the quality of opponents Wilder has had, I haven't even seen most of his fights other than the finishing few punches, so I'm in no position to judge tbh. Personally, I don't think too many of Joshua's opponents have been much of anything either. Klitschko was old and looked washed up and still came very close to beating him. Parker looked nothing special either (before, during or since their fight). Whyte's attitude and commitment seem to have improved recently and he may prove a worthy opponent now but he was all over the place around the time he fought Joshua.

Not sure I agree with your confidence regarding Joshua. He may end up beating both but he's a bit meh and grossly

over-hyped. Time will prove one of us correct of course. It's all just opinions at this point.

Styles definitely make fights and a boxer one guy has no trouble with can be an awful handful for some other, similarly rated boxer.

Excuses. Parker well beaten, Wlad KO’d same with White. Joshua has fought the best possible, povetkin being the next in line... tell me who AJ hasn’t fought in his short career? Wilder has fought no one 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Excuses. Parker well beaten, Wlad KO’d same with White. Joshua has fought the best possible, povetkin being the next in line... tell me who AJ hasn’t fought in his short career? Wilder has fought no one 

I'm not sure why your looking for a fight with me on this?

Why would I make excuses? I've no axe to grind with any of them. You're mistaking my opinion as me taking sides.

For the sake of clarity, this is what I think.

Joshua, hugely over-hyped, opponents faced either past their best, before their best or just plain shite.

Wilder, hugely over-hyped, opponents faced even more shite than those Joshua has faced according to those who have seen the fights.

Fury, hugely over-hyped but hugely awkward and difficult to face. Unlikely to be as good as he was 3 years ago ever again really.

I have no loyalty to any of them.

As for Wilder fighting no one. I have no idea, that's your view (and the view of many others). I've already said I haven't seen most of his fights from start to finish, therefore, I can't really judge. 

To summarise, Joshua may 'smoke' both of them at the same time as you said. What I said was 'I don't have the same confidence in Joshua as you do'. That's all really.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I do absolutely agree that Joshua has fought who he could by the way. It's not his fault Klitschko was past his best by the time Joshua was at that level. It's also not his fault that Whyte didn't seem as committed to training then as he is now.

He also was never in any trouble against Parker and Povetkin will be a test, mainly because he's so aggressive.

Joshua may well prove to be the best of the lot, I just find them all a little underwhelming.

I'm guessing you're a Joshua fan? For once, I am really looking forward to the next fight, I think it could be a belter and, whilst I'm not a big fan of any of the current heavyweights, I'll want Joshua to win because he's English. What's your take on how it will go?

On 19/08/2018 at 13:00, Max Wall said:

I'm not sure why your looking for a fight with me on this?

Why would I make excuses? I've no axe to grind with any of them. You're mistaking my opinion as me taking sides.

For the sake of clarity, this is what I think.

Joshua, hugely over-hyped, opponents faced either past their best, before their best or just plain shite.

Wilder, hugely over-hyped, opponents faced even more shite than those Joshua has faced according to those who have seen the fights.

Fury, hugely over-hyped but hugely awkward and difficult to face. Unlikely to be as good as he was 3 years ago ever again really.

I have no loyalty to any of them.

As for Wilder fighting no one. I have no idea, that's your view (and the view of many others). I've already said I haven't seen most of his fights from start to finish, therefore, I can't really judge. 

To summarise, Joshua may 'smoke' both of them at the same time as you said. What I said was 'I don't have the same confidence in Joshua as you do'. That's all really.

Ortiz is the best he's taught, who would beat white and pavotkin imo

55 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Ortiz is the best he's taught, who would beat white and pavotkin imo

Bit of strange one Ortiz. seemed to struggle a bit when he was over here, frequently looked good in the states, I fancied wilder to ko him. He’s ultimately another one whilst having a good record lacks names, very much in the who needs him club, dangerous man without serious financial reward. Povetkin is definitely one that’s stayed well out of his way.

5 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Is anyone going to watch this event?..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45271254

I wouldn't watch it if it was free, never mind £7 PPV.

Never heard of either of them and couldn't care less if they hate each other.

I assume it's head-guards and big gloves?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I wouldn't watch it if it was free, never mind £7 PPV.

Never heard of either of them and couldn't care less if they hate each other.

I assume it's head-guards and big gloves?

I'm with you on this Izzy.

They should wear suits of armour and have pillows for gloves. People are actually paying £7 for this?

It would be like people paying to see you and me play up front. Bizarre.

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

This is bizarre. I'd never question the bravery of anyone that steps through the ropes, but I think this guy suddenly realised what he was in for and wanted none of it.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/24469167/curtis-haper-leaves-ring-fight-starts-gets-disqualified

Probably took more balls to do that than go through with it.

The ring isn't the place to be if you're not up for it.

12 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

This is bizarre. I'd never question the bravery of anyone that steps through the ropes, but I think this guy suddenly realised what he was in for and wanted none of it.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/24469167/curtis-haper-leaves-ring-fight-starts-gets-disqualified

I wonder if he still got paid?

Edit: maybe I should read the article properly :rolleyes:

Edited by Izzy Muzzett
  • Haha 1