Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Look at that scoring

cant argue loads with that maybe one or two rounds 

but actually a draw looks fair on that 

I felt fury won by 3 but he lost 4 in those 10/8 rounds and some of the others were messy 

as they both said 

we the fans are the winners 

night all

59AFCF21-D5D4-41F8-A26B-12394AFD290F.jpeg

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah I get ya. What I mean is it’s a shame the Brit has tried to judge it fairly when there’s another scoring it 115-111. Fury didn’t seem that angry so maybe it’s not such a big robbery

looking at the cards all four went with wilder round 1,  now I can sit here and slag boxing judges off for giving that first round  to wilder when showtime and but both have given  it to fury because he landed a three punch combo before the bell. But I’m here posting “I don’t like the looks of the this” halfway through that round so clearly I thought it was a wilder round till the last few seconds.

6 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Will someone please explain why people are calling this one of the greatest comebacks in sporting history? 

Genuinely baffled. 

3 years since fury’s last proper fight, in that time he’s struggled with depression and been about 10 stone overweight. came back and outboxed an undefeated heavyweight champion. pretty good effort but that actual line is a bit of an exaggeration i’d say. 

but i think if you read and listen to some of the stuff about what he’d been up to/been through in his off years most fellas would’ve sacked it off, or maybe come back for a payday and got knocked out pretty quickly. but he’s come back and proved he’s probably the best heavyweight out there even after all that. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

3 years since fury’s last proper fight, in that time he’s struggled with depression and been about 10 stone overweight. came back and outboxed an undefeated heavyweight champion. pretty good effort but that actual line is a bit of an exaggeration i’d say. 

but i think if you read and listen to some of the stuff about what he’d been up to/been through in his off years most fellas would’ve sacked it off, or maybe come back for a payday and got knocked out pretty quickly. but he’s come back and proved he’s probably the best heavyweight out there even after all that. 

I mean being overweight doesn’t make this a big deal surely? The man lost his titles because he was coked up, got fat, then got his act together and came back when he was still only 30. 

I am definitely biased because I can’t stand the bloke but I really don’t get the love for him and his ‘story’ 

Also, commentators after the fight saying he avoided everything Wilder threw at him - he was sat on his arse twice...I thought BT’s coverage overall was pretty poor tbh. 

6 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

I mean being overweight doesn’t make this a big deal surely? The man lost his titles because he was coked up, got fat, then got his act together and came back when he was still only 30. 

I am definitely biased because I can’t stand the bloke but I really don’t get the love for him and his ‘story’ 

Also, commentators after the fight saying he avoided everything Wilder threw at him - he was sat on his arse twice...I thought BT’s coverage overall was pretty poor tbh. 

i mean either way it’s quite an impressive “comeback” 

yeah the BT coverage was very biased but nothing on a box office coverage of AJ 

4 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

i mean either way it’s quite an impressive “comeback” 

yeah the BT coverage was very biased but nothing on a box office coverage of AJ 

The US coverage one showtime was exactly the same. Other than 9 and 12 they barely had Wilder winning a round and thought it was in the bag for Fury. Malignaggi said on US TV that the Mexican judge should never work in boxing again.

It was an exciting ending but so far from a crowning performance for Wilder as it just reaffirmed what we knew already - he can’t really box but has a massive punch. Some of his wild swings for a champion with 40 fights were embarrassing.

• Like 1

I'd much rather see an explosive knock out than someone like Frampton or Mayweather dance around patiently out scoring someone. I get why knock downs are rewarding on the score card and that's fair to an extent. 

But at the opposite end of the spectrum, rewarding a boxer who just wildly throws his arms around like a kid on the playground is farcical. Doubly so when you consider that, yeah, Fury got knocked down twice but he also got up again twice incredibly well, shouldn't that be rewarded too?

If boxing is about durability, chin and toughness just as its about strength and power then shouldn't that be worth recognition in the score? It says a lot about Fury, speaking as someone that dislikes him, that he probably "won" what was left of the 12th once he got back up which is frankly amazing. 

Calling Wilder a great boxer is like calling Wilfred Ndidi a great shooter. You throw your limbs uncontrolled, full power at something enough and eventually you're going to score an impressive hit but really, let's not forget your 10,000 hideously embarrassing misses. 

Wilder was simply hideous for much of that and deserved to lose on the score card just as almost everyone else had it. Shame. 

You'd have to have some majorly butt hurt, bitter bias to want and expect that to beat Joshua. Joshua is a much more complete and rounded fighter. Taking whatever you feel about his personality, hype or national circle jerk and putting it aside, just look at him as a boxer. He doesn't quite have Fury's evasion and might not, maybe, have quite Wilder's power but he's got enough of both to be the ideal hybrid of the two to absolutely terrify Wilder beneath that bravado. 

There were glimpses yesterday where Wilder looked almost rocked by combos from Fury that weren't particularly powerful. If he gasses himself out against AJ and takes the uppercut that ruined Wlad or Whyte, his chin will shatter from Wembley to Washington. 

AJ isn't going to stand there getting hit anymore than Fury, either. Honestly think he'd be far, far more concerned sbout fighting Tyson than that Clubber Lang imitation. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mancunianfox said:

The US coverage one showtime was exactly the same. Other than 9 and 12 they barely had Wilder winning a round and thought it was in the bag for Fury. Malignaggi said on US TV that the Mexican judge should never work in boxing again.

It was an exciting ending but so far from a crowning performance for Wilder as it just reaffirmed what we knew already - he can’t really box but has a massive punch. Some of his wild swings for a champion with 40 fights were embarrassing.

oh aye, don’t think it was particularly biased in terms of assuming the result, but things like the reaction when either landed a shot, and the bits of punditry and build up etc. were all basically comparing fury to ali. 

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd much rather see an explosive knock out than someone like Frampton or Mayweather dance around patiently out scoring someone. I get why knock downs are rewarding on the score card and that's fair to an extent. 

But at the opposite end of the spectrum, rewarding a boxer who just wildly throws his arms around like a kid on the playground is farcical. Doubly so when you consider that, yeah, Fury got knocked down twice but he also got up again twice incredibly well, shouldn't that be rewarded too?

If boxing is about durability, chin and toughness just as its about strength and power then shouldn't that be worth recognition in the score? It says a lot about Fury, speaking as someone that dislikes him, that he probably "won" what was left of the 12th once he got back up which is frankly amazing. 

Calling Wilder a great boxer is like calling Wilfred Ndidi a great shooter. You throw your limbs uncontrolled, full power at something enough and eventually you're going to score an impressive hit but really, let's not forget your 10,000 hideously embarrassing misses. 

Wilder was simply hideous for much of that and deserved to lose on the score card just as almost everyone else had it. Shame. 

You'd have to have some majorly butt hurt, bitter bias to want and expect that to beat Joshua. Joshua is a much more complete and rounded fighter. Taking whatever you feel about his personality, hype or national circle jerk and putting it aside, just look at him as a boxer. He doesn't quite have Fury's evasion and might not, maybe, have quite Wilder's power but he's got enough of both to be the ideal hybrid of the two to absolutely terrify Wilder beneath that bravado. 

There were glimpses yesterday where Wilder looked almost rocked by combos from Fury that weren't particularly powerful. If he gasses himself out against AJ and takes the uppercut that ruined Wlad or Whyte, his chin will shatter from Wembley to Washington. 

AJ isn't going to stand there getting hit anymore than Fury, either. Honestly think he'd be far, far more concerned sbout fighting Tyson than that Clubber Lang imitation. 

fury would beat them both at the same time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

oh aye, don’t think it was particularly biased in terms of assuming the result, but things like the reaction when either landed a shot, and the bits of punditry and build up etc. were all basically comparing fury to ali. 

They basically do this for every British fighter though. Doesn't matter who it is, unless he's fighting another Brit. 

44 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

Hahaha.  Heard it all now.

Did they mean Dele Alli?

59 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Fury did show heart and durability. You can't reward someone for getting off the floor though can you? If so, Joe Frazier would have been ahead against Foreman without landing a punch in anger, he was knocked down about 7 times in 3 rounds after all.

You're right, Wilder was hideous and did deserve to lose. Absolutely no finesse whatsoever. Styles make fights though and I don't think Joshua is a given against Wilder. Fury is pretty elusive and Wilder caught up with him twice. I'd disagree that Joshua wouldn't get hit any more than Fury, he's way more open. Joshua is a much bigger puncher than Fury though and I can't see Wilder/Joshua going the distance, whoever wins and, if the fights ever actually made, the fact that Wilder knocked Fury down twice will put Hearn off further until he has no choice but to make the match.

Edited by Max Wall