Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

"We probably didn't expect so many mistakes from an England international"

Torino president Urbano Cairo speaking about Joe Hart - a day before the on - loan keeper was beaten five times in a game against Napoli!

Female football star banned for life after vicious attack on pitch in Bosnia's top flight

Silvija Sekacic pinned Adnu Ljubanovic to the ground and struck her repeatedly before team-mates and officials could intervene

Despite being shown a red card, Sekacic showed no remorse: “Red card, but at least if nothing else I beat her up.”

knuckles.JPG

2 hours ago, Worthington said:

Some night for Amiens yesterday... Finally reach L1 after a century plus of waiting. Looks totally out of the race a month back, but won 6 'on the bounce' to end the season and finally secured promotion by scoring a last kick winner at Reims last night. That one goal took them up from 6th to 2nd, (and promotion), in an instant!!

Good too to see Strasbourg back in the top flight after a troubled decade. A traditionally well supported club who'll potentially add something to L1,

provided they build sensibly for it ! 

That was quite some night in Ligue 2 - the Top Five teams separated by three points only in the end!

Strasbourg were always a Ligue 1 club to me, but years of mismanagement had them file for administration in 2011. They've come a long way ever since, when you think they had to postpone their first match in 2011/2012 because they couldn't name enough players on the team sheet!

It's not too far off from where I live and alongside Dijon and Sochaux, rather easy to get to. Strasbourg is a lovely city and I'd love to go back there for football once.

I see Auxerre avoided relegation to the Championnat National. Shame to see them doing to badly at the moment, they were once a dangerous force in Ligue 1 under Guy Roux.

On a sidenote, Strasbourg's DOF is Marc Keller, formerly with West Ham, Portsmouth and Blackburn.

Edited by MC Prussian

4 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Anyone watch our u-20s against Argentina this morning? Some Argy got sent off via the video ref for using his elbow, it was bloody brilliant.

We won 3-0 in all.

I was just reading about it.

Happy to get the win, especially against La Albiceleste.

Hard to keep track of all the "U"s. The U-17's played Spain in the final yesterday(lost on penalties, of course).

I will be following the U-21 Euros next month in Poland though.

absolutely love this from Lazio.

'The enemies of a lifetime greet Totti'.

Showing that football is more than just a rivalry sometimes. And sometimes you have to respect a player that's played the game despite them being from a rivals' side. 

Lazio, the Unbreakable "greet" Francesco Totti

• Like 2

lol

This game has gone nuts.

Lazio are down to nine men and if they finish with that number I'll be amazed.

Hoedt should be off for pushing a guy over whilst already on a yellow and now there's slide tackles flying in everywhere.

referee went easy in the end. Lazio lost their heads. 

This kind of Inter had been missed all season.

Credit to Atalanta for an amazing season, finishing above Lazio and both Milan clubs.

Congratulations to Juventus on a sixth successive Serie A title. they have totally dominated the Italian League the last few years and everyone knows they get a lot of help from referees and other football officials in that country but it is still an amazing achievement and they really are the "darlings of Italian football". there transfer dealings have been superb and put the dealings of clubs like Man city to shame!