Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

I can't see Juve's dominance lasting too much longer, probably another two or three seasons of being the absolute best. They've lost 5 games this season after previously going unbeaten. Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini are all aging, Allegri's getting linked to other jobs and the Milan clubs are loaded nowadays.

18 hours ago, Wookie said:

I can't see Juve's dominance lasting too much longer, probably another two or three seasons of being the absolute best. They've lost 5 games this season after previously going unbeaten. Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini are all aging, Allegri's getting linked to other jobs and the Milan clubs are loaded nowadays.

For the sake of the league I hope so. Having grown up loving Italian football I hope though it's in a way that means the other teams do actually improve, as opposed to Juve just slipping.

in case anyone is interested... a weird game between "Liverpool" and Sydney fc just kicked off.

oops forgot about time difference... game just finished lol

Edited by ozleicester

Messi given jail sentence for fraud, but unlikely to be behind bars.

Shows footballers are untouchable and that 'one rule for one, one for another' etc..persists here.

3 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Messi given jail sentence for fraud, but unlikely to be behind bars.

Shows footballers are untouchable and that 'one rule for one, one for another' etc..persists here.

It's Spanish law. The same for everyone over there.

On 5/21/2017 at 17:03, Finnegan said:

HSV really have become the Sunderland of Germany.

Just refusing to fvck off down. lol

It's absolutely logic-defying isn't it?

Couple of decent derbies (of sorts) in the promotion/relegation play-offs in Braunschweig-Wolfsburg and 1860-Jahn Regensburg.

Wolfsburg won the first derby against Braunschweig 1-0 thanks to a dubious penalty.

Gonna get very feisty for the replay.

The stadium in Regensburg is sold out for tonight's match against 1860, and the return leg has already seen more than 50'000 people going for a ticket (5'000 from Regensburg alone).

If only the "Löwen" could motivate more fans to go and see a match on a regular basis, part of their problem would be solved. But the fish stinks from the head, so they say...

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Wolfsburg won the first derby against Braunschweig 1-0 thanks to a dubious penalty.

Gonna get very feisty for the replay.

The stadium in Regensburg is sold out for tonight's match against 1860, and the return leg has already seen more than 50'000 people going for a ticket (5'000 from Regensburg alone).

If only the "Löwen" could motivate more fans to go and see a match on a regular basis, part of their problem would be solved. But the fish stinks from the head, so they say...

I think there's a sizeable section that boycott all home games due to Bayern taking full control of the stadium isn't there?

8 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I think there's a sizeable section that boycott all home games due to Bayern taking full control of the stadium isn't there?

One main Ultras section has ceased to exist, the other has lost its purpose after banners got stolen by Bayern fans.

But the main reason for not attending is the circus surrounding the owner, Hasan Ismaik.

Honved and Slavia Prague are champions of Hungary and Czech Republic for the first time in quite a while.

Dnipro have been relegated rom Ukraine's top division

translated my 2nd sentence to actual English lol

Edited by Walkers

12 hours ago, bovril said:

Crotone pull of one of the greatest escapes of all time.

Did a Leicester of 2015 instead of 2016. Eight points adrift at the start of April yet won 6 and drew 2 of the final 9 games to survive. 

On 5/28/2017 at 21:52, bovril said:

Crotone pull of one of the greatest escapes of all time.

Am I right in thinking they had 9 points at the midway point lol? Brilliant recovery.

43 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Am I right in thinking they had 9 points at the midway point lol? Brilliant recovery.

yep! And had a better record than Juve in the 2nd half of the season. 

Won 6, lost 1, and drew 2 in their final 9 games. 

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Tuchel to Arsenal?

I would ****ing love that to be honest.

Edit; definitely didn't read this as Tuchel to Arsenal. Definitely did read it as Tuchel to Leicester.

Carry on.

Edited by AKCJ

"Goliath" 1860 Munich relegated to the 3. Liga in front of 62'000 people following a 2-0 home loss against Bavarian neighbors and "David" Jahn Regensburg.

1860 fans flipping out towards the end, throwing seats and whatnot onto the pitch.

Edited by MC Prussian

As a Bochum fan I'm not meant to, but I do have a soft spot for 1860. Hopefully they bounce back. Need to rid themselves of that troublesome "investor" first though by the sounds of it.

Edited by Voll Blau

I had no idea Ian Ayre had (briefly) rocked up at TSV 1860. Sounds like a shambles with this Hasan Ismaik running things. I really hope they recover quickly. My old man tells me though that they thought they'd bounce back to the Bundesliga when they went down in 2004.