Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Australia V Saudi Arabia half time right now 2-2

Australia win 3-2. Massive win for them.

Have Japan away next but Thailand at home in the last round.

Japan V Saudi Arabia the last game will decide who likely goes through.

Great to see one of our younger teams doing well. Not sure how much it has to do with the incoming euro u21s but if we can do well in that as well, it looks positive for us.

That's assuming these young players are given opportunity to develop in the Prem rather than bringing in average foreign talent to keep them out.

6 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Ya finals of the world cup. Would be brilliant for them to win it.

I'll jump in with the comparison to the Germany team that featured Ozil, Muller et al before anyone else. It would be great if we could phase in a large proportion of the team in the same way they have, but the biggest obstacle will be these lads getting first team football in the top flight week in, week out, which Bundesliga teams are far better at than us.

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Looks like it was a waste of everyone's time. So much attacking talent on both sides and it looked awful.

I watched the first half.. was quite poor to be honest

2 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

I'll jump in with the comparison to the Germany team that featured Ozil, Muller et al before anyone else. It would be great if we could phase in a large proportion of the team in the same way they have, but the biggest obstacle will be these lads getting first team football in the top flight week in, week out, which Bundesliga teams are far better at than us.

This is why its absolutely  key for english players to go abroad and play in top divisions in turkey, italy, france, spain,germany, holland etc where they might be afforded an opportunity to play at a level higher than the championship etc.  

Players have got to look out for themselves and feel comfortable going abroad. If you cant get the opportunity (for whatever  reasons) here it only makes sense. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

Griezmann signed a new deal at Athletico! 

Glad he'a stayed there, good on him 

There was nowhere else to go, with the transfer embargo and whatnot.

Besides, he already had a contract until 2021, it's merely been expanded by another year. Figure that one out.

42 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

There was nowhere else to go, with the transfer embargo and whatnot.

Besides, he already had a contract until 2021, it's merely been expanded by another year. Figure that one out.

They can sell they just can't buy.

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They can sell they just can't buy.

Well, yeah. I just find it rather unusual for him to extend his already existing contract until 2021 by another year this early.

The embargo will unlikely last that long. And Atlético don't have to sell, unless the player's unhappy and starts boycotting the club.

13 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Well, yeah. I just find it rather unusual for him to extend his already existing contract until 2021 by another year this early.

The embargo will unlikely last that long. And Atlético don't have to sell, unless the player's unhappy and starts boycotting the club.

He said publicly that it'd be a dick move to leave while they can't sign anyone else.

Besides, unless he goes to Bayern, Barça or (rather unlikely but) Real I'm not sure many clubs are really "up" from Atleti.

New stadium, Simeone staying, he was probably never that desperate to leave. Probably just after a bigger contract.

No idea what his new release fee is but it's possibly still within the reach of the biggest clubs.