Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

22 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Hide contents

There is still the possibility to pull this around and make sense as to why the NK was there and why his attention was on Bran and Bran alone.  Hopefully we'll get some closure with Bran in the next couple of episodes - a past/future vision, a flashback, warg-ing into someone, something, anything to make sense of why the NK was there. 

To leave it where it is right now is unacceptable.

To the rest of the episode, enjoyable, I thought it was great.  Both dragons are alive and well (and Ghost!) as seen in the episode 4 trailer.

No they aren't. The dragon at the end was the dead dragon overcome by the army of the dead, brought back to life as a dead dragon. There's only one left

Edited by simFox

3 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The more I've thought about the episode today, the more annoyed I am with that ending.

All show and spectacle but lacking in substance.

We've waited 8 years for answers, countless theories later, ultimately for nothing.  We're none the wiser.

To carry it through in that manner and not address everything that has brought the NK to this point isn't good enough imo.  

It's a real shame that the plot, which was spectacular, has progressively worsened as the spectacle itself has improved.

Did they not do that in the last episode though, that might just be it. He wanted to destroy Bran as he's mankind memory... whatever the feck that means. Perhaps that's just it!

47 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Did they not do that in the last episode though, that might just be it. He wanted to destroy Bran as he's mankind memory... whatever the feck that means. Perhaps that's just it!

I have just watched the how they did the episode behind the scenes video through FB - 40 minutes long.  When they get to the NK scene, which I thought was brilliantly shot, the conclusion they come to is pretty much as you've said.  I think that will be it.  Draw your own conclusions on the Valyrian steel dagger that was used, there was reference to Sam's scene where he read up on it in the citadel and leave it at that.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll see this Bran is the Night King theory come to fruition.  For me it was the most convincing theory but I think it's overly complicated for the show writers to pull off and they've decided to go simple.  Perhaps the books, should they ever get finished, will shine a new light on it.  Until then, what we've been served up is as far as it's going and that's that.  

3 hours ago, ithuriel said:

I really enjoyed it, more deaths would have been better but it was damned good after viewing it a second time, will not spoil it for those that have not seen it yet but shout out to little bear, balls bigger than the whole Arsenal squad:D

Varys has more balls than the Arsenal squad.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Varys has more balls than the Arsenal squad.

Speaking of Varys, he's gone from being one of the most complex, interesting characters in the show to just some bald chap hanging around in the background that Tyrion occasionally takes the piss out of lol

• Haha 4

Share most people’s view that it was a great piece of tv on it’s on but a disappointing and unsatisfying way to tie up a huge part of the plot that has been 8 years in the making. 

If this was always the plan then they shouldn’t have spent the last 2 seasons building the NK up as the big bad, giving him a dragon, with an army of millions of undead including giants. It should have been Jon/the Starks battle and the rest of Westeros should have believed it to be snarks and grumpkins. Dany and Cersei battling in the South while Jon and NK duke it out in the North. 

GRRM has probably spent the last decade tying himself in bits trying to find a satisfactory ending it’s probably not a surprise that the tv show is going to be disappointing to many.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Goober said:

Just watched the last 15 minutes again myself actually. Hundred times better now i've got my head round it a bit and taken my own expectation in terms of plot out of the equation 

You talking about game of thrones or the Leicester v Arsenal game?

• Haha 1

I thought that was stupid and worse - a bit boring. No nuance any more and such ridiculous plot armour for the main characters but it's been like that for the past couple of seasons I suppose. The less said about the ludicrous ninja assassin transformation of Arya the better.

The lighting was fine, get the settings on your TVs sorted folks!

57 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

I thought that was stupid and worse - a bit boring. No nuance any more and such ridiculous plot armour for the main characters but it's been like that for the past couple of seasons I suppose. The less said about the ludicrous ninja assassin transformation of Arya the better.

The lighting was fine, get the settings on your TVs sorted folks!

In fairness, how many main characters died at Blackwater, Hardhome, BotB, Watchers on the Wall? Ygritte, Rickon, and Davos’s son? Add to that the battles during War of the 5 Kings etc.

i think the situations some characters are able to get themselves out of is far fetched but in terms of big deaths this battle probably had the most major casualties of all. We rarely ever see any big guns dying in battles

Brienne should definitely have died though [spoiler/]