Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

What annoyed me was after Jon killing Dany it then shifts to a meeting to discuss who will be king. So are we saying that Grey Worm captured Jon and decided to imprison him rather than just kill Jon. Surely if Grey Worms queen had been murdered he would just kill Jon in retaliation.

It all just seemed a bit rushed and that the writers wanted an ending that left open potential for spin offs. Arya Stark sailing away into the unknown leaves it massively open for a spin off. Just seems such a lacklustre way to finish the season.

• Like 1

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

Why did nobody speak up for Jon being the true heir to the throne? 

because like everyone else,, they didnt write any lines. its why tyrion spent the season being an apologetic twat, jon was a neutered shell etc etc

10/10 show for seasons 1-6, loved the episodes in season 7 where they went beyond the wall and Danys army attacked the Lannisters carriages etc, season 8 5/10. I hope it doesn't tarnish a great shows reputation too much but D & D have tried their hardest to do that.

So is Bran actually an evil genius who engineered all of this to be the King at the end.... it would have been epic if the final shot of the show was him in the throne room doing his warg thing and then when he came back round, he had the blue eyes of the night king.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Hide contents

What annoyed me was after Jon killing Dany it then shifts to a meeting to discuss who will be king. So are we saying that Grey Worm captured Jon and decided to imprison him rather than just kill Jon. Surely if Grey Worms queen had been murdered he would just kill Jon in retaliation.

It all just seemed a bit rushed and that the writers wanted an ending that left open potential for spin offs. Arya Stark sailing away into the unknown leaves it massively open for a spin off. Just seems such a lacklustre way to finish the season.

I think Wormy didn't kill him because the Unsullied would get absolutely merked by the Northmen & co if he did.

While I have enjoyed this season it’s clear that they made a huge mistake in shortening the final two series. I said this at the time they announced it; they went away from their own format when they did this and disrupted not just the show's perfected rhythm, but also how the viewer enjoyed it. 

They could have quite easily expanded this season to fit in 10 episodes, without a doubt. Same as last. They could even have kept the story exactly the same, with more filler to make the plot feel more authentic. 

HBO won’t care though. They’ve made millions from this show and will continue to make more from the prequels. D&D are now rich beyond their wildest dreams and have already moved on to other projects. 

GRRM will be the big winner though - he’s got two books to write and has no pressure to follow D&Ds version. 

- "I can never be lord of Winterfell, I can never be lord of anything" is now King.

- Why would Dorne/Iron Islands/any of the other 6 kingdoms not want to be independent like the North?

- How the hell has the most untrustworthy character ended up as Master of Coin lol

- Why does Bran need a master of whispers when he can see everything happening?

- Edmure Tully lol

- They blatantly copied LOTR ending with Arya just sailing west for no reason

- How unfortunate that the rocks managed to land directly on Jaime & Cersei and no other part of the room 

- Why would Greyworm be okay with his prisoner just selecting a new King?

So so many plot holes. 

That being said - Jon petting Ghost at the end & Brienne ending up as Lord Commander of the Kingsguard has redeemed this season for me lol 

Roll on the prequels.

• Like 1

I thought it was the best episode of the season.

Go in with zero expectations and you can't end up too disappointed.

Too much of what happened there is open to interpretation.  Which is probably what D&D want.  The fan theories will only intensify from here on in.  

D&D can go ruin Star Wars now and complete the good work there started by Johnson.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

Watching it now.

I actually looked on Twitter this morning to see the outcome, season 8 has done that to me.

Stunning production, very poorly written. 

If these writers had done the entire series it would have stretched to four seasons at most. 

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

While I have enjoyed this season it’s clear that they made a huge mistake in shortening the final two series. I said this at the time they announced it; they went away from their own format when they did this and disrupted not just the show's perfected rhythm, but also how the viewer enjoyed it. 

They could have quite easily expanded this season to fit in 10 episodes, without a doubt. Same as last. They could even have kept the story exactly the same, with more filler to make the plot feel more authentic. 

HBO won’t care though. They’ve made millions from this show and will continue to make more from the prequels. D&D are now rich beyond their wildest dreams and have already moved on to other projects. 

GRRM will be the big winner though - he’s got two books to write and has no pressure to follow D&Ds version. 

If he lives long enough.. how old is GRRM? I hope he writes them sooner rather than later.

Gemmel's wife had to step in and write her husband sequel when he carked it.