Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Sol Bamba to Trabzonspor?

Ok fair enough. If anything he should be more suited to the Championship as he is big and physical.

I'd defo keep him and see how he does in pre season.

Sell Mills/Tunchev leaving the other 3

I can see those 2 going as well. I'm not saying I want Bamba out but I can see NP selling if the right offer came in.

I can see those 2 going as well. I'm not saying I want Bamba out but I can see NP selling if the right offer came in.

Well yes, if someone offers 2-3m then you'd prob sell. Just think we'd be better to keep him

I like SSL but i believe he gets outmuscled too much and bossed around.

I guess we'll see what NP does....

Well yes, if someone offers 2-3m then you'd prob sell. Just think we'd be better to keep him

I like SSL but i believe he gets outmuscled too much and bossed around.

I guess we'll see what NP does....

I think Pearson will sell bamba If the right offer comes in and sign Chester and Gerrard which will leave us with Morgan,SSL,Gerrard,Chester and a youngster!!

No doubt those saying he's shit and no loss will be complaining that we'd sold too cheaply/to the wrong club should he play well regularly.

And he will. You just know he will, if we do.

I am convinced that he would be quality in the premiership, where you tend to have a bit more time on the ball, and a bit less physicality. Even in the championship with us he has been fantastic on his day. I just think we need a bit more consistency at the back, and have someone take charge of him, as John Terry does with David Luiz for Chelsea--ordering him back into position etc.

And he will. You just know he will, if we do.

I am convinced that he would be quality in the premiership, where you tend to have a bit more time on the ball, and a bit less physicality. Even in the championship with us he has been fantastic on his day. I just think we need a bit more consistency at the back, and have someone take charge of him, as John Terry does with David Luiz for Chelsea--ordering him back into position etc.

Rememer his performance vs Chelsea?

what about his performance against real madrid where he stopped kaka from scoring or when he saved a goal against millwall when the guy was clean through and what about against burnley the other day where he saved it off the line and when we played man city and he scored with his first touch and defended brilliantly and thats just some of the many brilliant performances he has shown whilst playing in a blue shirt

okay some of those examples where in the championship but hes only played three games against premier league opposition

maybe less

Would be gutted to see him leave. Love players who play with a bit of expression. Don't think we've utilised Sol as well as we could have this season.

Where exactly should we have utilised him then? Up front? Perhaps on the wing? He is nothing more than a show pony journeyman which is why he has never gone on to bigger and better than Championship.

Where exactly should we have utilised him then? Up front? Perhaps on the wing? He is nothing more than a show pony journeyman which is why he has never gone on to bigger and better than Championship.

He could have at least gone up front for the last 5 mins vs West Ham, been better than Morgan

Not saying he should play at all costs. I just enjoy watching him play. Which CBs do you think have put themselves head and shoulders above Sol?

Show pony is a tad harsh. Has shown he can mix it with the best when he's had to.

Chester and Morgan will be our first choice centre backs next year - I can see St Ledger, Bamba and Mills all shipped out, particularly if De Laat is signed

If we sign De Laet I think we'll play him at RB depending on other signings

• 3 weeks later...

we'd have to pay at least this for Chester, because Hull hate us

I think it was Adam Pearson who was keen to stop any players going to Leicester and was quoted as saying "If Leicester were the last club in the world, we still wouldn't do business with them" and he's gone now. I'm not too sure what the Allams think but they strike me as the kind of owners that are happy to disrupt order to get their own way.

I also think this is total bollocks. Why on earth do people think we have any chance of signing Robert Snodgrass? If he does go anywhere it'll be a Premier League team. When your Leeds United's best player you don't join another Championship club.

Quite a few results on Google news, all in Turkish though. The few I read all seem to mention 1 million Euros as the fee. It's a little confusing though.

Yup, there could be something in it though.

Here are the articles all in Turkish one in French so I am hoping the French foxiles can help with the translation

http://spor.internet...per-125150.html

http://www.gunebakis...akin-68720.html

One in French

http://www.mercato36...ur-850857.shtml

Wouldn't be a big surprise - don't think Pearson sees him as his sort of player, and he'd walk away for nothing at the end of the contract. Anything around £1m will allow us to reinvest, so might be best all round.

I'm not renewing if we sell Sol :(

I have no delusions that he's world class but he's good enough and, more importantly, he's ****ing entertaining.

Has made me laugh all year, brightening up some otherwise seriously ****ing turgid games.

It's an entertainment industry and Bombscare is a blast.

Hope that's a tongue in cheek comment - no player is bigger than the club and as fans we support whoever puts a blue shirt on - personally I will be pleased if he goes, one man's entertainment is anothers stress levels rising. Whilst he does some amazing things, I just can't relax waiting for thaterror that will cost a goal or a match.

Archived