Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Sol Bamba to Trabzonspor?

Let's just face it .... Sol adds excitement and a bit of flair for a defender. he will therefore be sold by NP in his bid to rid us of anything other than 'solid", "dependable" types .... and yes they'll win more than they lose and yes we may make the play offs .... but i imagine there's going to be plenty of yawning along the way.

If Sol goes it'll be a great shame.

Lets hope there is some truth in this and than Nigel has some bollocks.

Crap defender, overrated since the moment he scored with his first touch against Man City and had a catchy song to his name.

Will always be a cult hero for the above but so were Barry Hayles and Tricky Trev but that doesn't mean they were any good...

Get rid

Gave the ball away which lead to west hams winner at home. Shocking against chelsea (might aswell have played with 10 men! Ipswich away Scotland turned him like he wasn't there for their goal. Ipswich at home watched the ball bounce over his head for their goal. Those are just a few i can think of off the top of my head but im sure theres more! I dont get all the bum love for him. The guys a liabillity and we cant afford that if we want promotion. You need soild consistant CBs to get out of this league and he clearly isn't so i for one would be glad to see him go.

Agree with what you are saying. How we could do with a Walshy type player at the back! Bamba is clearly very skillful and a good centre back but he needs to cut out some of the crap. I'd rather have a no-nonsense defender who takes no sh*t, than a skillful one who can't pass and loses concerntration. Would be happy for him to stay but not too fussed if he leaves.

Hi, I'm from Turkey and fan of Trabzonspor.We are waiting Sol Bamba with big impatience.Please would you give a few information about Sol Bamba...

> My Sol Bamba Facebook page... www.facebook.com/BAMBACIV

He will fit in well there.

Southern European Football is a lot of smoke and mirrors and the odd flash of brilliance will keep the fans happy who will spend most of their time lighting flares and jumping up and down rather than watching the game.

He's been good for us in spells whilst lacking at other moments. The constant grind of the championship is not really suited to him.

There's another Africa Cup of Nations due next season. That might help to explain why Pearson wants rid.

Cuz hez African, lets get rid like

lol

Nah, I get what you mean, but theres plenty of African players in the top Leagues, and most teams just work around it with minimal inconvenience

Bamba is an enigma...

All the strength and power you'd ever want from a central defender and you'd back him 99% of the time in a one-on-one situation.

However, his positioning and defensive awareness is shocking sometimes.

I say again however, surely this element of his game can be COACHED into him? If sufficient time was spent on coaching Sol to be a better 'defender' in respect of the mental attributes, I maintain we would have a splendid defender on our hands.

I don't want to sell him on for some other club to put this effort in with him, because he does have all the physical attributes of a top centre back at this level.

Bamba is an enigma...

All the strength and power you'd ever want from a central defender and you'd back him 99% of the time in a one-on-one situation.

I say again however, surely this element of his game can be COACHED into him? If sufficient time was spent on coaching Sol to be a better 'defender' in respect of the mental attributes, I maintain we would have a splendid defender on our hands.

I don't want to sell him on for some other club to put this effort in with him, because he does have all the physical attributes of a top centre back at this level.

If coaching was that easy we could just coach him to play up front. In 6 months he'd be like Didier Drogba.

Bamba is an enigma...

THIS.

If he was 17 then maybe. 27 is a bit old to be teaching new tricks.

I didn't realise he was that old ... i thought he was around 23-24 .... so you've got a point .... but he's not a million miles away, just a few good tips.

I remember watching an interview with Shearer, who was asked how Sir Bobby Robson had transformed his game .. and he said it was simply he told him to not have his back to goal but turn 90 degrees and always be sideways to it .... he was quite old when a simple bit of coaching changed his fortunes!

If he was 17 then maybe. 27 is a bit old to be teaching new tricks.

Why on earth is 27 too old to be coached into being a better footballer?

Are you suggesting that players shouldn't be coached after this age because they have 'learnt all they are going to learn'? If so, what's the point of coaches?

I was trying to make the point that Sol is almost there as a good defender. He doesn't need any further input regarding his strength, his stamina, his self confidence.

What he does need, at least from what I see, is intensive coaching regarding his positional awareness and his understanding of his centre back partnership, whomever that be with.

At 27 years old surely this is something which can be achieved?

Many top players assert that they never stop learning the game.

I guess what I'm saying is that I see real potential in Bamba as a top defender in this division. He isn't far off with the correct input.

Why on earth is 27 too old to be coached into being a better footballer?

Are you suggesting that players shouldn't be coached after this age because they have 'learnt all they are going to learn'? If so, what's the point of coaches?

I was trying to make the point that Sol is almost there as a good defender. He doesn't need any further input regarding his strength, his stamina, his self confidence.

What he does need, at least from what I see, is intensive coaching regarding his positional awareness and his understanding of his centre back partnership, whomever that be with.

At 27 years old surely this is something which can be achieved?

Many top players assert that they never stop learning the game.

I guess what I'm saying is that I see real potential in Bamba as a top defender in this division. He isn't far off with the correct input.

Between 27 and 31 are the peak of a pro footballers career. He is what he is and yes, if he is put through an intensive training programme he might improve a fraction but to say, 'I see potential in a 27 year old' is in my opinion (and i'm not trying to talk yours down) futile. You develop potential in players in their teens and early 20's. At some point players have to realise the potential. Obviously they dont stop training and having coaching but unless they are truly a world class player (like Alan Shearer), at that age I doubt whether all the creases can be ironed out. If Sol Bamba was told, 'stop taking players on' and actually did it, I doubt very much he would be as much of a fans favourite as he is.

To be fair, if Bamba was 17 and had his kind of ability he'd be at one of the worlds top sides, as I fully agree he's got some genuine top quality attributes, he is also let down by some League Two ones.

Cuz hez African, lets get rid like

lol

Nah, I get what you mean, but theres plenty of African players in the top Leagues, and most teams just work around it with minimal inconvenience

I'm not sure it's minimal, if they're regular starters I'd say it's significant. Just look at Man CIty without Toure.

I'm not sure it's minimal, if they're regular starters I'd say it's significant. Just look at Man CIty without Toure.

True, in their case

But I don't think theres really all that many examples like that

And a team like Man City went though the hassle getting Yaya in, and using him as a main point of their team, when they could've got somebody in just as good with that amount of monies.

Even we seemed to be prepared for the temporary loss of Bamba, and seemed to cope

Tbh I wouldn't kick up a fuss about losing Sol. Id love to see him do well here, especially in the Prem, but if hes gonna go across and compete in European competitions every season and do well, I would only be happy for him

Archived