Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Sol Bamba to Trabzonspor?

I have never known what to think about Sol... I Love his personality and he seems like he does a good job as he seems to win a lot of last ditch tackles. However, his positioning is awful, most fans dont notice this sort of thing but as a defender I pull my hair out watching where he stands sometimes. Its because of this that on many occasions we concede needlessly but he doesnt get the blaim as in truth he's not near the play. Positioning is key as a defender and you dont notice the good ones so much because they aren't doing anything spectacular but stop attacks before they become dangerous. He is also not as good in the air as he should be, loosing out to players a lot smaller then him at times. He does have talent and could work on these things but he is just a big risk. Im far more comfortable with the saint and morgs at the back.

Im not fussed if he leaves or stays I will back him whatever

I'm not renewing if we sell Sol :(

I have no delusions that he's world class but he's good enough and, more importantly, he's ****ing entertaining.

Has made me laugh all year, brightening up some otherwise seriously ****ing turgid games.

It's an entertainment industry and Bombscare is a blast.

Do you find it funny when he gives the ball away and makes cock ups which lead to the opposition scoring then?

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=2941

Trabzonspor agree terms with Leicester City's Sol Bamba

2012-05-20 12:34:26

bambaa.jpg

Trabzonspor have agreed pre-contract with Leicester City's Sol Bamba.

The "Black Sea Storm" have agreed to pay the 27 year old powerful defender €1 million a year on a 3 year contract.

If Trabzonspor can agree a transfer fee with Leicester City, the powerful Ivorian centre back is set to join his national team compatriot Didier Zokora in June for pre-season training.

Sol Bamba has represented the Ivory Coast 52 times and has made 37 appearances for Leicester city in the English championship division.

I'm not renewing if we sell Sol :(

I have no delusions that he's world class but he's good enough and, more importantly, he's ****ing entertaining.

Has made me laugh all year, brightening up some otherwise seriously ****ing turgid games.

It's an entertainment industry and Bombscare is a blast.

Thing is, it's not an entertainment industry, it's a business industry run by a business. The owners aren't going to care if he's entertaining or not, they want results, not entertainment. I'm sure if you'd pumped 40m or whatever of your own cash you'd want a return on your investment, not to watch someone who's average and could **** up at any minute you'd feel different too.

I remember last year when I was in Skeg-Vegas

for me 21st most were going mad that we were

on about selling him for a few mill to blackburn

was it? Well £1m **** OFF!

I remember last year when I was in Skeg-Vegas

for me 21st most were going mad that we were

on about selling him for a few mill to blackburn

was it? Well £1m...**** OFF!

It'll be a shame to see Sol leave.

I've never really warmed to Morgan, Mills is on his way, Tunchev has already gone and now Bamba looking set to go. I am seriously worried about our back line now with St. Ledger looking like the only defender consistently good enough for a top six side and De Laet is an unknown quantity.

It'll be a shame to see Sol leave.

I've never really warmed to Morgan, Mills is on his way, Tunchev has already gone and now Bamba looking set to go. I am seriously worried about our back line now with St. Ledger looking like the only defender consistently good enough for a top six side and De Laet is an unknown quantity.

Disagree with your point there I'm afraid, don't think St Ledger is a top six defender at all, he's probably the worst of the lot.

If they are prepared to pay him a million a year then they will be prepared to pay us £2-3 million for him. Superb.

lol I always noticed on FM how Turkish sides pay absolutely ridiculous wages (Miroslav Stoch is one of the highest paid players on my game on over £200k a week for Fener lol) but I agree, they've got no financial control at all.

Sigh, so split on Bamba myself. When he's good he's fantastic. That display where he kept Mackail-Smith quiet all afternoon, fantastic. Yet really his errors go largely un-noticed, I actually think he's like Abe in the fact he's a good player yet not suited to English football. He's got the build and all the attributes I just think he fails to put them together regularly, he's too unpredictable for his own team-mates and that's pretty worrying.

But I'd definitely miss him, one of the most FLAIR individuals in the squad and he is a good defender really, he's not as amazing as some make him out to be but it'd be harsh to call him shit. Shame his distribution's so poor, he'd have made a top notch holding mid for us.

Wish him all the best though.

He's ok in the way that Iain Hume was ok.

The odd occasion of brilliance when playing dogturd opposition but in the main, all style and no substance.

And just for the sake of clarity, the €1m mentioned in the article is the payment to Bamba. The fee hasnt been agreed.

He's ok in the way that Iain Hume was ok.

The odd occasion of brilliance when playing dogturd opposition but in the main, all style and no substance.

And just for the sake of clarity, the €1m mentioned in the article is the payment to Bamba. The fee hasnt been agreed.

We know but really the point being made was if they're going to pay him as well as that, then surely they'll stump a fair bit for the fee too.

I'm sure Bamba was only on £3k a week when we signed him but Sven gave him a new deal. No idea what he's on now, I'd guess about £10k a week.

Do you find it funny when he gives the ball away and makes cock ups which lead to the opposition scoring then?

Although he does a ridiculous amount of showboating I don't remember too many instances of this happening.

Although he does a ridiculous amount of showboating I don't remember too many instances of this happening.

Exactly. The vast majority of times he gets out of the tough situations he gets himself/is put into. His issue is more positioning and calling for bloody offside all the time.

Archived