Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Sol Bamba to Trabzonspor?

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I rate him extremely highly at this level. For me he has the potential to be a colossus in the Championship. With the right players around him, he could be the difference between a good defence and an outstanding defence. Will be sad if this is the end for him at LCFC.

It speaks volumes that Bamba's possible departure is being so greatly mourned. He spent years languishing in the SPL for a reason. Even the Old Firm didn't want to know about him.

He's the defensive equivalent of Mark de Vries.

i dont get it how people think sol is useless. He may actually have some skill ( rare among defenders in this league) but why does that make him bad. Many a time this season he had defenders in his back pocket. Take Mackail Smith vs Brighton as an example. He's the only CB in our team who can keep up with (or in many situations overtake) opposition attackers. He's great in the air, can tackle when it seems impossible and whilst he does have some weaknesses, so does any player in this division otherwise they would be being sold to a prem team for £5 mil plus...rant over

Although he does a ridiculous amount of showboating I don't remember too many instances of this happening.

Gave the ball away which lead to west hams winner at home. Shocking against chelsea (might aswell have played with 10 men! Ipswich away Scotland turned him like he wasn't there for their goal. Ipswich at home watched the ball bounce over his head for their goal. Those are just a few i can think of off the top of my head but im sure theres more! I dont get all the bum love for him. The guys a liabillity and we cant afford that if we want promotion. You need soild consistant CBs to get out of this league and he clearly isn't so i for one would be glad to see him go.

i dont get it how people think sol is useless. He may actually have some skill ( rare among defenders in this league) but why does that make him bad. Many a time this season he had defenders in his back pocket. Take Mackail Smith vs Brighton as an example. He's the only CB in our team who can keep up with (or in many situations overtake) opposition attackers. He's great in the air, can tackle when it seems impossible and whilst he does have some weaknesses, so does any player in this division otherwise they would be being sold to a prem team for £5 mil plus...rant over

Great in the air? He's 6 foot 4 tall and lost in an ariel battle to Billy Sharp, who is less than 6 foot tall. He's constantly giving away fouls for 'climbing' aswell, and goes on ridiculous runs which leave gaping holes in the defence, and is probably one of the worst defenders to partner, countless times i've seen Wes Morgan frantically searching for Bamba.

Big Sol has made me smile on many occasions, unfortunately he has equally made me grimace and I don't like watching defenders with my head buried in my hands! So i would let him go and replace with someone more reliable.I'm sure NP will make the right decision!

Great in the air? He's 6 foot 4 tall and lost in an ariel battle to Billy Sharp, who is less than 6 foot tall. He's constantly giving away fouls for 'climbing' aswell, and goes on ridiculous runs which leave gaping holes in the defence, and is probably one of the worst defenders to partner, countless times i've seen Wes Morgan frantically searching for Bamba.

and you know hes only 6,3" and no defenders win all headers all the time, get over it

I honestly thought Matt Mills was absolutely dog shite in the air all season. Far worse than Bamba.

I went to Watford away last season, and Chris Fooking Iwelumo made him look like an average league 1 player, he didn't win a header all night.

There are plenty more examples, but I really can't be arsed to type them all, I'd be here all flippin' day.

Gave the ball away which lead to west hams winner at home. Shocking against chelsea (might aswell have played with 10 men! Ipswich away Scotland turned him like he wasn't there for their goal. Ipswich at home watched the ball bounce over his head for their goal. Those are just a few i can think of off the top of my head but im sure theres more! I dont get all the bum love for him. The guys a liabillity and we cant afford that if we want promotion. You need soild consistant CBs to get out of this league and he clearly isn't so i for one would be glad to see him go.

So there's one instance of him being too clever on the ball then?

The others you mention weren't to do with him showboating. He does get turned too easily at times but that's a trait that affects most of our defence.

He does get turned too easily at times but that's a trait that affects most of our defence.

Hence the clear out and new faces rumoured to be coming in.

Sol can be immense at times but for me he is a risky side show that we'd probably be better not to indulge in.

Pearson will bring in solid dependant defenders that wont give us those Hollywood moments, but will form a foundation which we can build a promotion team upon.

if we get chester first, ill be happy for Bamba to go, to much of a liability at the back and doesn`t do the simple thing`s right, tries to beat 2 men playing in defence and then he get`s caught out, this isn`t along the lines of what we want. Yeah undoubtley and aerial threat but didn`t even score any goal`s this season with his head?

I like bamba but I don't half poo my pants sometimes when he's last man skinning there attacker on the edge of our peno area. Great legs on him too, if someone gets by him he tends to get back well and make recovery challenges which makes him hard to beat. Nothing to special over here IMO but would probably boss the rubbish currupt cheats in Turkey though, even Scott Carson has made a career over there!

Archived