Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JohnnyB

Mills to .....................

£1.5 million?! His value certainly hasn't risen but it hasn't depreciated that much - if we sell for anything less than £2.5 mill that would be very poor business.

2m up front with possible 500k in add-ons would be fair, as alluded to by our good friend Toffee Fox. But yes, anything less than that and it is a tad derisory.

You wouldn't be saying this if it was your £5m that was spend on Mills.

You have no idea how much he cost. You do come out with dubious "facts" quite a lot.

You have no idea how much he cost. You do come out with dubious "facts" quite a lot.

But it was near that, wasn't it?

Truth is we have some idea how much he cost. No where near as low as £1.5m.

Okay then, just for you FIF. If it was your £3m say spent on Mills. Would you act like some of our fans and just 'accept it for the sake of getting him off our wage bill'? No, you wouldn't. You wouldn't just accept the fact of losing a substantial sum 'just to get him off the wage bill'.

You'd hold out for the maximum fee possible at least or at least try to, there really isn't a huge rush.

I agree we don't want to lose a load of money, but we clearly overpaid even if the fee was as small as £3million. Bolton don't need to pay much more than £1.5million i don't think. Would be astonished if we sold him for £2million+. As toffee fox said, they know we're desperate to get rid of him.

Leicester want £3m, but Bolton know like Celtic do that they are desperate to get rid, probably meet more at £2million and clauses, he'd prefer a move to Bolton over Celtic.

I'd take £1.5m and clauses.

Is there a reason other than the fall out we want rid of him so desperately?

Okay then, just for you FIF. If it was your £3m say spent on Mills. Would you act like some of our fans and just 'accept it for the sake of getting him off our wage bill'? No, you wouldn't. You wouldn't just accept the fact of losing a substantial sum 'just to get him off the wage bill'.

I don't know how much he cost.

It could have been £2.5m for all I know, so it's certainly NOT "my £3m".

And to answer your question, If I thought he was good enough to spend £2.5m or YOUR £5m last year I wouldn't suddenly change my mind and think he was worth getting rid off. But then I would never have sold Bamba (so your use of me for argument's sake is useless) and I wouldn't have given up on Sven so quickly.

However if all the things that you say happened and I agreed with them I'd have to look at what was being offered and decide whether selling now and saving .25 or .5m in wages and getting a sale was worth it to me (and I'd bear in mind the morale effect, and what my new manager wanted). I'd also wonder if not selling him now, meant that I could still sell him later - for example Bolton may just sign another defender like that Forest chappie).

As you see there is so much and more to take into account that not being in the know makes anything I say just an uninformed opinion, like the "facts" that you give us regularly :P

I heard if he features one more time we have to put up his wage.

Not worth the risk in letting him prove himself then, he should have already proved himself which he hasn't.

IMO it should be more of a case of drop the wage if he wants to stay and prove himself, if this time he does pull his finger out and prove himself he will recieve the wage rise, if he's not, he knows where the door is.

I don't know how much he cost.

It could have been £2.5m for all I know, so it's certainly NOT "my £3m".

And to answer your question, If I thought he was good enough to spend £2.5m or YOUR £5m last year I wouldn't suddenly change my mind and think he was worth getting rid off. But then I would never have sold Bamba (so your use of me for argument's sake is useless) and I wouldn't have given up on Sven so quickly.

However if all the things that you say happened and I agreed with them I'd have to look at what was being offered and decide whether selling now and saving .25 or .5m in wages and getting a sale was worth it to me (and I'd bear in mind the morale effect, and what my new manager wanted). I'd also wonder if not selling him now, meant that I could still sell him later - for example Bolton may just sign another defender like that Forest chappie).

As you see there is so much and more to take into account that not being in the know makes anything I say just an uninformed opinion, like the "facts" that you give us regularly :P

The point I was trying to make was that it'd be a poor business decision to just 'accept' whatever a club throws at us straight away for Mills.

There are plenty of factors affecting a businesses decision. Yes Bolton might go in for a different defender but should we really just accept their offer just because they might go in for someone else if we say no right now? Would our owners prefer to sell him to a team in a different league or to a team in our own league? Do we really need the cash generated by the sales of Mills in order to buy another defender?

He might currently be a poor defender, but that wouldn't and probably won't stop Top trying to claw as much a return as is possible on their investment of Mills.

Leicester want £3m, but Bolton know like Celtic do that they are desperate to get rid, probably meet more at £2million and clauses, he'd prefer a move to Bolton over Celtic.

BOLTON are set to hijack Celtic’s move for frozen out Leicester defender Matt Mills.

Celtic have had a bid for the £3million-rated Mills turned down.

And Bolton could step in if West Ham target Zat Knight moves on

--

Do the sun read my posts?

Part of me would just want Mills gone whatever the fee (more cos of his attitude than his ability) but we could really get more than 1.5 mill, especially if a bidding war can pick up

Archived