Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

13 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I used to love Suits, but it's gone to shit

Gave up after

Mike went back to Specter Litt Hammond (ankle) after leaving the clinic, could barely watch the prison season because it was so wank 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wookie said:

Gave up after

Reveal hidden contents

Mike went back to Specter Litt Hammond (ankle) after leaving the clinic, could barely watch the prison season because it was so wank 

Agreed. I didn't know where else they could go after that and apparently neither do they.

8 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Anybody watched a series called The Affair? On series 2 at the moment and it’s pretty decent if not a bit of a slow burner. 

I did, then during series 3 Sky crammed a ton of episodes into the Christmas schedule and I never got round to catching up. Thought then first two series were decent, the third not so much which is probably why I've never caught up over a year later.

On 13/04/2018 at 02:52, Wookie said:

Gave up after

Hide contents

Yeah pretty much. To be honest as soon as the investment banking bit starts it's rubbish. 

First couple seasons were great easy watching cheese. 

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Just finished S2 of The Wire. Most people that watched it have said it's by far the worst, before I thought the ending to it was pretty good. Looking forward to the getting through the rest though.

Wire fans tend to consider S4&S3 peak. I like it all really, a poor series by Wire standards is still exceptional. Five is the worst, it stretches reality a bit too far for a show that's otherwise grounded heavily in the real world.

McNulty and the brothel sting is one of the funniest bits of TV of all time, pretty sure that's season two? 

Ziggy got on my tits a bit which is funny because the same creators cast him in a leading role in Generation Kill alongside Alex Skarsgard and he's brilliant in that. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Wire fans tend to consider S4&S3 peak. I like it all really, a poor series by Wire standards is still exceptional. Five is the worst, it stretches reality a bit too far for a show that's otherwise grounded heavily in the real world.

McNulty and the brothel sting is one of the funniest bits of TV of all time, pretty sure that's season two? 

Ziggy got on my tits a bit which is funny because the same creators cast him in a leading road in Generation Kill alongside Alex Skarsgard and he's brilliant in that. 

Correct, that was brilliant.

I was waiting for Ziggy to end up dead tbh, and the dockyard stuff really dragged but after about the halfway mark, S2 kicked in. Really looking forward to the next few.

3 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Correct, that was brilliant.

I was waiting for Ziggy to end up dead tbh, and the dockyard stuff really dragged but after about the halfway mark, S2 kicked in. Really looking forward to the next few.

S3 marks the rise of the Stanfield crew who are just brilliant villains. Marlo, Chris and Snoop are superb. 

I'm jealous really, I'd love to watch it fresh. Think I've seen the whole lot through four, maybe five times. 

lol

Watching Season 4 of Bosch - having read and really enjoyed the books. Season 4 like the previous 3 seasons is slow and quite boring. I don't know why I keep going but I will.

Tried the Oath - pathetic first episode - I won't try anymore.

14 minutes ago, FIF said:

Watching Season 4 of Bosch - having read and really enjoyed the books. Season 4 like the previous 3 seasons is slow and quite boring. I don't know why I keep going but I will.

Me too, I know what you mean. It's getting a bit Eastenderish , concentrating on how sad his daughter is. I don't really care. I don't watch crime fiction because I'm interested in emotions.

23 hours ago, FIF said:

Tried the Oath - pathetic first episode - I won't try anymore.

Finished it now, Last 2 episodes not bad but a disappointment overall.

Guest MattP
11 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Finally got round to watching The Sopranos. 5 episodes in and I can already tell it’s a masterpiece 

Jealous, you have some amazingTV upcoming.

Sopranos is still the best of the lot for me, as good as The Wire and Breaking Bad were it still didn't reach the level of this.

The Island with Bear Grylls?

Been on for a few weeks but just catching up now. 

Not a fan of the lack of greeting the 'rich' group gave the 'poor'. 

Having said that, proper melty the way the poor slept in the shelter that they barely contributed to make lol. Ironic how 'Queen Shereen' said 'it's important to consider others'!!

Not sure if this is the right thread but watched the three parter about the murder of Stephen Lawrence the other day ...   gripping stuff ..    I  have to say that I was ashamed to be white during the first episode ( someone said that on it) ...   but d’you know what ...  by the end I felt quite proud ...   proud of how we live in a country where a lot of ‘good’ people strive to get to get justice, no matter how long it takes ...   me and Mrs CF found it quite emotional ...   especially that old copper in the last episode who always wanted to join the police after watching Dixon of Dock Green ...

• Like 1