Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Started watching Grimm a short while ago.

Thought it was overly cheesy at first, with loads of clichés and cheap-ish storylines, with actors chosen based on their good looks instead of performance capabilities.

But it does get better and a bit darker as the first season progresses, above average in my opinion. Entertaining enough for relaxing on a weekend.

Make sure you watch it with the lights switched off, there's a few good scares in there.

• Like 1

Silicon Valley season 5. Lost one of the main characters, but still enjoying it. Appears to be veering slightly away from the success > setback > success > setback development a bit too, which is good.

Binged all four seasons before this one and it’s a much better to binge than do one every week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nugent said:

Spent the last 3 months watching Dexter, only to feel absolutely robbed by probably one of the most disappointing final episode and seasons I've seen! Feel sorry for those who watched it for 8 years to be served that finale!

One of the worst endings ever. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Silicon Valley season 5. Lost one of the main characters, but still enjoying it. Appears to be veering slightly away from the success > setback > success > setback development a bit too, which is good.

Binged all four seasons before this one and it’s a much better to binge than do one every week.

The best current comedy on telly for me. Absolutely absurd programme. 

14 hours ago, Nugent said:

Spent the last 3 months watching Dexter, only to feel absolutely robbed by probably one of the most disappointing final episode and seasons I've seen! Feel sorry for those who watched it for 8 years to be served that finale!

Dexter started going downhill after the Lumen storyline finished.

46 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

I'm 2 episodes in to this country so far - enjoying it but wouldn't say i'm hooked yet. 

I've just watched series 01 based on what was said on here.

It's mildly amusing in parts but in reality, it's a poor man's version of The Office, including the uncanny (some might say deliberate) resemblance between Kurtan and Gareth.

39 minutes ago, Buce said:

I've just watched series 01 based on what was said on here.

It's mildly amusing in parts but in reality, it's a poor man's version of The Office, including the uncanny (some might say deliberate) resemblance between Kurtan and Gareth.

That's exactly how i feel after 2 episodes, was hoping it was going to prove otherwise the more i watched. Still worth a watch though

Guest MattP

When I watched the first series I thought it was OK.

I watch some episodes for the 4th or 5th time now and see or hear something different that makes me laugh.

Kurtan: "What time do you finish?"

Rob Robinson: "Ten minutes. Why?"

Kurtan: "... I don't know why I asked."

I love that scene, because you can tell that Kurtan had it in mind that they'd go for a few pints and relive some school memories and become friends, but Kurtan realises while he's actually talking that Rob Robinson is a severely boring person and is so disappointed