Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 4/25/2018 at 20:44, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I've proper got into Limmy's Show recently, I know it's old but it has me weeping, so ****ing weird.

Big fan of Limmy. The show is brilliant. But if you think that's weird, see his Vine collection.

His show is brilliant though, its quite smart and observational, allbeit a bit weird.

On 4/26/2018 at 23:45, oakman said:

Just finished 1st series of Vice Principles from the people who did 'Eastbound & Down" - Danny McBride, funny as always and Walton Goggins is also very good. Well worth a watch.

Yeh, quite an enjoyable series. Probably more amusing than outright funny, but still a decent series - Walter Goggins is always worth a watch. Just saw the one-off spoof documentary 'Pharmacy Road' about drugs in cycling - hilariously brilliant, some classic moments.

I started The Alienist on Netflix, pretty good with a good cast. I like murder mysteries so it's right up my alley. 

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

On series 2 of The Sopranos and I’m totally hooked!

Oh and Adriana :wub:

I wish I could watch again for the first time. Amazing show. 

Bit late in the action, but started to watch Taboo last night - 8 episode mini series with Tom Hardy :wub:

1st episode took a little while to get into but really started to pick up towards the end. Really enjoying it now (in fact watched a further 3 episodes.) Different concept & story line set around the early 1800's in London.

Tom Hardy is an amazing actor (currently in my top 5) and perfects the roll to a T. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3647998/videoplayer/vi2151134745?ref_=tt_ov_vi

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

I started The Alienist on Netflix, pretty good with a good cast. I like murder mysteries so it's right up my alley. 

I wish I could watch again for the first time. Amazing show. 

I like murder mysteries too. Found both the actors (and actresses) wooden and the plot very predictable. Stopped watching.

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Bit late in the action, but started to watch Taboo last night - 8 episode mini series with Tom Hardy :wub:

1st episode took a little while to get into but really started to pick up towards the end. Really enjoying it now (in fact watched a further 3 episodes.) Different concept & story line set around the early 1800's in London.

Tom Hardy is an amazing actor (currently in my top 5) and perfects the roll to a T. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3647998/videoplayer/vi2151134745?ref_=tt_ov_vi

Taboo was great.

Watching the 3rd season of Hap and Leonard now. It's been an enjoyable series. The first season was very funny and the "black" humour great, the second then started to look more seriously at the continuing "negro" problem in the US still with humour, third may well be continuing this.

Bosch, actually increased pace and became a decent watch for the last 4 episodes (wife and daughter aside).

Giving Godless a try as my wife likes cowboys - she enjoyed the first eps much more than I. Also started on season 2 of Man in the high tower as she loved the first and Webbo recommended it - I find the idea fantastic but the first series was far too America is great for me. I'll stick with it for her.

Obviously I'm watching Westworld, first eps S2 was decent.

The city and the City - my wife gave up half way through the first episode but I think it may have potential - anyone watched the 4 episodes and can advise me whether to keep watching ?

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Is Homeland worth watching this season anyone?

I'm up to eps 7 and it's not bad. Not as good as last season for obvious reasons but better than some.

On 02/05/2018 at 14:03, FIF said:

I like murder mysteries too. Found both the actors (and actresses) wooden and the plot very predictable. Stopped watching.

When did you stop watching? I get what you mean in some ways. Thought it was a decent 6 or 7/10 show. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

It's just been announced that it's cancelled this week! 

Though I think streaming services are interested in picking it up so I reckon it won't die just yet. 

Bloody typical! Hopefully end up on Amazon then