Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

46 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Which one do you think that was? I hated the Eleven one but that got rave reviews.

Yeah Eleven's road trip one, I mean as an episode of normal TV it would have been ok but it really jarred with the rest of the series and the acting from some of the gang members was really shoddy

Like that Fly episode of Breaking Bad, although I think they'd gone way overbudget or behind schedule so needed to fill an hour with one long scene all shot in the same studio

• Like 1

Just now, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Yeah Eleven's road trip one, I mean as an episode of normal TV it would have been ok but it really jarred with the rest of the series and the acting from some of the gang members was really shoddy

Like that Fly episode of Breaking Bad, although I think they'd gone way overbudget or behind schedule so needed to fill an hour with one long scene all shot in the same studio

Yep I agree.

That episode of B.B. is a weird one, first time round it was the only time in the whole series I thought it might turn to shit. Second time it was decent.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Yep I agree.

That episode of B.B. is a weird one, first time round it was the only time in the whole series I thought it might turn to shit. Second time it was decent.

Yeah it wasn't that bad, but just didn't really fit. The whole time I was expecting something big to happen and it never did

The Defiant Ones - 4 episode (4 hour) Documentary on Netflix about the careers of Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine (his Beats co-founder and Interscope record boss / producer).

Really enjoyed it, well worth a watch of anyone into music. Lots of famous talking heads, great music, quite inspiring as well. Charts how they started out to present day selling Beats for 3 billion to apple. 

On 3/23/2018 at 19:25, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

The only episode in either series I could happily skip past without watching again. Felt like a parody. 

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

How many episodes are there in total? Likely to be a second series?

10 I think. I watched 2 last night and 8 this morning. If the weather had been better I might not have finished it today.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I thought it was quite a bit better than 6.5 tbh. I really enjoyed it.

Maybe a 7, the premise os obviously great but I found it a bit too clumsy. The script wasn't great and the...  POSSIBLE SPOILER

...Project MK Ultra stuff seemed really cliche even though he did actually suffer from those experiments. I don't think the series would have lost anything if they didn't dramatise some of the events as some things were obviously spiced up.

1 minute ago, Wookie said:

Maybe a 7, the premise os obviously great but I found it a bit too clumsy. The script wasn't great and the...  POSSIBLE SPOILER

...Project MK Ultra stuff seemed really cliche even though he did actually suffer from those experiments. I don't think the series would have lost anything if they didn't dramatise some of the events as some things were obviously spiced up.

Yeah the MK ultra stuff didn’t need to be quite so, well bizarre. I quite liked the pace. Often with BBC and ITV dramas, they have 7 slow episodes and then cram everything concluded into one hour. This felt like it kept a consistent and easy to keep up with pace. Obviously the plot is well known but to see it from the profilers perspective was interesting.

On 23/03/2018 at 19:25, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Fly is one of the most underrated episodes of television. 

On 02/04/2018 at 00:09, Tuna said:

Homeland is still consistently good, loved the latest episode.

Will watch the latest this evening. I'm enjoying this season but nothing like as much as last season. Peter Quinn was superb .

Carrie is usually very annoying for the first 2 or 3 episodes and then kicks in great. this season she wasn't as annoying for the first couple but is becoming so now. She may be the central character but I've always found a supporting character to be the "star" of the show for me. Saul is great but can't pull it off on his own unlike Quinn and Brody. Maybe with it centring on the WH has made it not so interesting for me too.

I guess I miss jessica Brody too. :blush: