Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Watching Shetland at the moment. Worst season it's had. Shame really because the story could be a strong one. Particularly ruined by the romantic storyline. Recently finished the latest Endeavour season, really good, eps3 was a little weak but the others and particularly eps4 were excellent. Perhaps the best of the returning detective series this winter season. Finished Tin Star, loved it upto and including ep8. But 9 and 10 were poor. Roth is a great actor though. Watched the first 3 of this season's Midsomer Murders - they have really tailed off over the last several seasons but at least they know what they are and play on their own silliness. Tried the Death and Nightingales thing from last year - didn't manage to finish the first episode. watched Hidden - a Welsh detective series - it wasn't bad. in fact up to the final two episodes it was very good, last 2 were not so good.

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Really am looking forward to see how the whole story-line pans out, season 2 has been awesome and alot better than the 1st one. Still cant warm up to Michael though, but i do like Tilly and Spock is sexually interesting. The whole tall dark quiet type. 

On a sad note though, why was there no 'The Orville' this week.. grrrrr 

Is The Orville worth watching?  Since it doesn't take itself too seriously, I haven't invested any time in it.  

17 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Is The Orville worth watching?  Since it doesn't take itself too seriously, I haven't invested any time in it.  

I absolutely love it and would recommend it to any trekkie. We had a discussion about it on here a few weeks back when it was recommended to me. I watched the 1st 2 episodes and was addicted. 

Watched that Fyre Festival documentary on Netflix this morning, hilarious seeing the rich kids get ripped off but shocking for the locals. How can that many people follow a fraudster to that extent? Great documentary.

Also started on Afterlife, absolutely loving it and I don’t like Gervais.

Edit- Finished Afterlife now and it’s absolutely brilliant, One of the best things I’ve ever seen.

Edited by Costock_Fox

15 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Watched that Fyre Festival documentary on Netflix this morning, hilarious seeing the rich kids get ripped off but shocking for the locals. How can that many people follow a fraudster to that extent? Great documentary.

I watched this last week. Unbelievable story. The bollox on him. He must have been incredibly good at manipulating the people around him. The lengths that his events manager was prepared to go to get the water from the customs office....WOW

Really good documentary. 

4 hours ago, stix said:

I watched this last week. Unbelievable story. The bollox on him. He must have been incredibly good at manipulating the people around him. The lengths that his events manager was prepared to go to get the water from the customs office....WOW

Really good documentary. 

Just watched it myself, a good watch.

Also how unbearable is Ja Rule:blink:

I tried episode one of Fleabag but it's not for me. Too similar to Peep Show which I can't get on with either. Plus she's not very likeable. Having a right nasty go at the poor lad in Ep1 just because he had to get up early for work and didn't want to go back to hers. 

Edited by The Bear

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

I tried episode one of Fleabag but it's not for me. Too similar to Peep Show which I can't get on with either. Plus she's not very likeable. Having a right nasty go at the poor lad in Ep1 just because he had to get up early for work and didn't want to go back to hers. 

That for me is one of the reasons it is so good and brave for a comedy show to make the main character not likeable.  It's so well observed and nuanced as an examination of human nature and the way it subtedly builds her back story so as to in some way explain why she is like that is great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Didn’t see it, is it worth a watch? 

Yeah it's good. Just watching Paul Merson having a breakdown about his gambling. Very sad how addicted he is and can't stop.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

The Martin Brennan sketch on the new Alan Partidge show is glorious.

Calls for a marathon of The Day Today, KMKY, I'm Alan Partridge some day soon.

Steve Coogan has to be up there as one of the greats of British Comedy.

Don’t forget Alpha Papa. Clobber!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1