Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

36 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Last night's Top Gear was episode was decent.

Electric shock challenge was enjoyable.

Think its ok, I was watching some back the other day and after having seen the first two new episodes I think Le Blanc done a top job, they should have kept him.

14 hours ago, FIF said:

I recommended it on here years ago.

All 3 seasons are very good.

With reference to catch 22, I often listen Rico and Suzie's opinions on programmes. Now I'm not sure what to do.

Had to watch the remaining 4 episodes in one go last night .....  had to know what happened next ...   always a good endorsement for a series and it wasn’t a let down.  Never quite know about following series but on your strong recommendation prof we’re giving it a go ! ...    :thumbup:

P.S.  Enjoyed spotting some of the actors too ...    the one who played Ashley was a dead ringer for Alun Armstrong ..  it was his son ...    the main baddie was the star of McMafia ...   Pemberton and his wife from Benidorm..  but not married to each other in this one ...   the wife of Ashley played a trainee hairdresser in the salon with Audrey in Corro ....    and an excellent spot from Mrs CF ...   the woman who played the horrible drunken druggy mum of the baddie was Fred Thursdays wife out of Endeavour ...

Edited by Countryfox

23 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Just watched Last Breath on Netflix. Dave Yuasa his fellow diver comes across as an absolute willy puller on it.

I watched that, he was very weird wasn’t he. He said something really bizarre about the bloke who was dying that was pretty strange to include.

That said, I sat there holding my breath while watching it. Decent enough.

Anyone from a medical background able to offer any advice (not that advice, I know it’s small but I’ll make do).

Started playing football 3 months ago and massively ****ed a volley up and I’ve had a pain in the top/side of my foot ever since. I’ve still been playing but tonight I can’t barely kick it with that foot and the slightest knock really hurts. The weird thing is I can walk on it fine so my question is, what on earth could I have done to it to be a ken to walk on it and have no bruising? If I go Dr’s I know they will tell me to bugger off.

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Anyone from a medical background able to offer any advice (not that advice, I know it’s small but I’ll make do).

Started playing football 3 months ago and massively ****ed a volley up and I’ve had a pain in the top/side of my foot ever since. I’ve still been playing but tonight I can’t barely kick it with that foot and the slightest knock really hurts. The weird thing is I can walk on it fine so my question is, what on earth could I have done to it to be a ken to walk on it and have no bruising? If I go Dr’s I know they will tell me to bugger off.

You have my sympathy. But what has this got to do with TV shows?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Not sure. Maybe watch Casualty?

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

Have recently discovered Still Game on iPlayer. Very silly childish humour, right up my street! 

I envy you having around forty episodes  and a couple of xmas specials to watch.

They made the first series in 2006 and I wasn't aware of it until the third series so I bought the box set.

If I had to pick a favourite it would be "Dugs", give it a look.

Bit of an old one here but I've been watching Blue Heelers on Youtube.

Its an Australian Cop Show that was based somewhere in Victoria starting in the mid 90s. A lot of actors that were in Prisoner Cell Block H in particular are on it. ITV showed it back in the day but never caught on like most Aussie Shows.

There is 1 or 2 flat episodes but then there is quite a lot of cracking ones. I'm up as far as Season 2 but the characters Sergeant Croydon and Detective Hasham are excellent. Decent watch overall.  Seems a few from it go onto roles in Underbelly.

6 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Broken metatarsal?

Get yourself down the doctors. 

5 hours ago, notnow john said:

I envy you having around forty episodes  and a couple of xmas specials to watch.

They made the first series in 2006 and I wasn't aware of it until the third series so I bought the box set.

If I had to pick a favourite it would be "Dugs", give it a look.

Only slight irk is that BBC only currently have series 7-9 so I've been watching those. Then I'll have to find 1-6!

On 03/07/2019 at 09:08, Blue ROI said:

Bit of an old one here but I've been watching Blue Heelers on Youtube.

Its an Australian Cop Show that was based somewhere in Victoria starting in the mid 90s. A lot of actors that were in Prisoner Cell Block H in particular are on it. ITV showed it back in the day but never caught on like most Aussie Shows.

There is 1 or 2 flat episodes but then there is quite a lot of cracking ones. I'm up as far as Season 2 but the characters Sergeant Croydon and Detective Hasham are excellent. Decent watch overall.  Seems a few from it go onto roles in Underbelly.

lol you neeed to find  Homicide, Cop Shop and Matlock Police (not the US sh*t) .... now thats good aussie TV

Finally got around to watching 63 up... its all got a bit boring hasnt it... lets face it, it has now just become a show about  becoming boring old farts, i dont need TV to show me that :) 

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ozleicester said:

lol you neeed to find  Homicide, Cop Shop and Matlock Police (not the US sh*t) .... now thats good aussie TV

Finally got around to watching 63 up... its all got a bit boring hasnt it... lets face it, it has now just become a show about  becoming boring old farts, i dont need TV to show me that :) 

Hugh Jackman was in an episode I watched  the other night. Followed by a bit of a mental standoff about a cult in the town.

Its funny watching some of the prisoner cast. Total opposite of what they are in PCBH. 

Have you seen Blue Murder - KIller Cop from 2017? its on tv over here tonight. 

Watched Stranger Things 3 all in one go last night.

Very good, great, eerie atmosphere, fitting, sometimes gory CGI and the makers have managed to keep up the suspense, increasing it with each episode, whilst paying hommage to 1985 and using Cold War elements (that‘s as far as I‘ll go with spoilers).

Wonder how they‘ll follow it up and how far they will want to go in terms of timeline.

• Like 1