Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Did anybody watch the new top gear? Not sure how I felt about it, they're trying to recreate the relationship Clarkson et al. had but not giving it the time to develop. 

Sure in time it'll do better than the Evans ones but not fully convinced yet.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Got through Killing Eve season 2 this weekend.

Excellent binge watch.

20 minutes ago, bovril said:

I though it was completely ridiculous and almost painfully cringey at times.

I was watching it, then the dawning realisation suddenly came over me that I don't care for/don't like any of the characters. So I stopped watching.

I thought the first couple of episodes of S1 were great. Then it got almost like a sketch show... characters come on, do their usual thing, music plays.... And the plot lines got more and more absurd. I am fine with suspending disbelief but there is a limit.

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Did anybody watch the new top gear? Not sure how I felt about it, they're trying to recreate the relationship Clarkson et al. had but not giving it the time to develop. 

Sure in time it'll do better than the Evans ones but not fully convinced yet.

Thought it was very good. Chris Harris is a better driver than any of the old three and I'd disagree with you and say that the bond between the three of them was pretty instantaneous. 

Saw a lot of people bashing it on Twitter saying the "format was dead" but then in the same breath shouting about how great The Grand Tour is, which is funny as that's the same format and the same telegraphed jokes from Top Gear about 10 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Thought it was very good. Chris Harris is a better driver than any of the old three and I'd disagree with you and say that the bond between the three of them was pretty instantaneous. 

Saw a lot of people bashing it on Twitter saying the "format was dead" but then in the same breath shouting about how great The Grand Tour is, which is funny as that's the same format and the same telegraphed jokes from Top Gear about 10 years ago. 

That's a valid  point, I was unsure whether bits felt heavily scripted but a lot of the banter between the 3 was quite good. I'm hoping they don't try to mould the 3 of them into Clarkson and co and let them be 'themselves'

Hoping in a lot of the race things they do it won't just be Harris running away with it all, but I do plan on watching this series to see how it goes. 

A lot of those you're mentioning just bash it for it not being the original trio, who have gone on to be successful with the Grand Tour. 

New series of Top Gear seems good.

Didn't enjoy the last few series where there were too many presenters and felt like they were trying too hard.

Paddy McGuinness and Freddie Flintoff seem like good additions and there seems to already be soome good (although I hate the word) banter between the 3.

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Anyone watched Designated Survivor all the way through?

Saw the first 2 eps tonight and it looks quite good.

Is it worth persevering with?

I have. It's a bit of a poor man's West Wing and will never win any awards but I find it pretty easy to watch and entertaining enough. 

First series is the best though. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

I have. It's a bit of a poor man's West Wing and will never win any awards but I find it pretty easy to watch and entertaining enough. 

First series is the best though. 

Thanks mate

18 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Anyone watched Designated Survivor all the way through?

Saw the first 2 eps tonight and it looks quite good.

Is it worth persevering with?

First season was ok. Second season bored me to tears and I gave up. I just wish we could have more 24 (season 1-5 quality)

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

First season was ok. Second season bored me to tears and I gave up. I just wish we could have more 24 (season 1-5 quality)

Completely the same. Got through about half of season 2 when it came out and stopped, still not gone back to it.

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Watched first two episodes of Happy Valley last night ...   was recommended and looks very good ...   two more tonight and will finish it off on Tuesday ...     :thumbup:

I recommended it on here years ago.

All 3 seasons are very good.

With reference to catch 22, I often listen Rico and Suzie's opinions on programmes. Now I'm not sure what to do.