Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Used to watch these late nights when I was a kid, by late night I mean before the channels shut down around 11.oo pm to 12.00 pm, my mum would let me stay up for this precursor to the X-Files, Darren McGavin featuring in an episode of the X-files :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Used to watch these late nights when I was a kid, by late night I mean before the channels shut down around 11.oo pm to 12.00 pm, my mum would let me stay up for this precursor to the X-Files, Darren McGavin featuring in an episode of the X-files :)

LOVE THIS...

Here in Oz, Night stalker was Friday night. They were introduced by a guy who dressed as Dracula and rose from a coffin... terrifying :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Just finished Stranger things 3, absolutely brilliant. Anyone who grew up in the 80’s will really have a sense of nostalgia, the writing was excellent really put the game of thrones finale to shame. 

Just 3 more episodes to go for me. I'm  trying not to rush though, but it's so good!

On 06/07/2019 at 21:04, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Just finished Stranger things 3, absolutely brilliant. Anyone who grew up in the 80’s will really have a sense of nostalgia, the writing was excellent really put the game of thrones finale to shame. 

Just finished it myself. Loved it. I think its somehow getting better with each series.

Edited by Facecloth

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

NOW TV player is rubbish, glad I've decided to bin them off when I finish catching up on Chernobyl.

I have Netflix, nowtv and amazon prime all on my xbox and its amazing how bad the nowtv app is. 

What's worse is they somehow keep making it more awful with every update. 

It's not just the player, it's navigation in general, it's ridiculously slow and cumbersome. One of the least user friendly apps. 

Unfortunately it's got the best TV shows. 

Netflix is streets ahead in terms of user experience. 

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

Stranger Things shouldn't be this good should it? If someone explained the premise, you'd think it sounds shit. Somehow it's just great.

Not sure I agree really. It's a pretty tried and tested formula which is exactly the point. 

It's doing the same thing Super 8 did (which is basically Stranger Things the movie if anyone hasn't seen it yet) in just nostalgia mining the 80s child adventure genre. 

It's Lost Boys, Stand By Me, The Goonies, et all just dialled up to modern standards. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not sure I agree really. It's a pretty tried and tested formula which is exactly the point. 

It's doing the same thing Super 8 did (which is basically Stranger Things the movie if anyone hasn't seen it yet) in just nostalgia mining the 80s child adventure genre. 

It's Lost Boys, Stand By Me, The Goonies, et all just dialled up to modern standards. 

Yeah that’s true actually. Though in this era, nerdy kids going after monsters wouldn’t excite people but it’s so well made. I think the timesetting helps too. 

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

NOW TV player is rubbish, glad I've decided to bin them off when I finish catching up on Chernobyl.

I ended up rage quitting a few weeks back - there's not been a great deal on it that's particularly interested me for a while, but then I saw something coming up on Discovery that I wanted to watch (which is especially unusual since Discovery seems to be 99% crap these days) - so I put the box on to watch it, and all I got was a message saying that I don't have the rights to watch it. I later found out that it was one of those programmes you can't watch live, but can get it later on catch up. Anyway, I'll stick with my decision to quit it for a bit and maybe let a few things build up that are worth watching. I'm debating quitting my cinema pass on there as well, since there doesn't seem to a massive amount appearing that interests me.

I'm enjoying Warrior enough. It's corny af but it's light entertainment. 

But ****. For a nation completely obsessed with pretending to be Irish, you'd think the yanks would have gotten better at doing an Irish accent by now. 

On 24/06/2019 at 18:59, FIF said:

I recommended it on here years ago.

All 3 seasons are very good.

With reference to catch 22, I often listen Rico and Suzie's opinions on programmes. Now I'm not sure what to do.

Have just finished season 2 prof ..   brilliant ! ..   but can’t find a series 3 ..   have you seen it ???

5 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Have just finished season 2 prof ..   brilliant ! ..   but can’t find a series 3 ..   have you seen it ???

Happy Valley? Only been 2 seasons as far as I am aware.

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Happy Valley? Only been 2 seasons as far as I am aware.

I know that series 3 was meant to be around in 2018 but was put back to 2019 ...   lets see what the prof has to say ...

(I reckon the numpty got it wrong too ..  :)) ...

26 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I know that series 3 was meant to be around in 2018 but was put back to 2019 ...   lets see what the prof has to say ...

(I reckon the numpty got it wrong too ..  :)) ...

I understand there will be a series three but not yet.  Same writer as Last Tango in Halifax - new series this year - and Gentleman Jack, which series 2 is being written.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Vince Vega said:

I understand there will be a series three but not yet.  Same writer as Last Tango in Halifax - new series this year - and Gentleman Jack, which series 2 is being written.

Sally Wainwright ...   she's obviously very busy ..