Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

15 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Top gears started to go downhill a bit now. 

Wasn't the best tonight but there would often be one a series that didn't hit the mark. Overall the new line up has been a success.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Wasn't the best tonight but there would often be one a series that didn't hit the mark. Overall the new line up has been a success.

Bits are great, but find it a bit bizarre they don't get all 3 involved in the challenges and just have 2. Same with the chopping and changing with the celeb challenge, why not settle with 1 and have a leader board?

30 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Bits are great, but find it a bit bizarre they don't get all 3 involved in the challenges and just have 2. Same with the chopping and changing with the celeb challenge, why not settle with 1 and have a leader board?

Variety is the spice of life. They have thr same lap every week, so the celebs compete weekly on an equal footing. 

They started off the series with all three doing the stuff, I imagine they'll do more as a three next series. Putting together a new team, when they all may have had prior commitments, probably bring problems aligning schedules. Now all three are settled I'm sure that won't be an issue.

Edited by Facecloth

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 20:32, Dr Marco said:

The Virtues is quality

Started it when it came out but for some reason only just got round to watching the final episode.  Brutal.  I actually can't think of many better direcors that Meadows, pretty much everything he's done is incredible.  X

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

So, expectations just went through the roof on this one.  Wow!

Cannot wait!!!  

Me too, glad to see 7 of 9 will be in it, she is one of my favourites Star Trek actor/actress's.

(Although not sure how she can fit in the time-line, wasnt Voyager many years into the future from Next Gen? ) 

14 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Me too, glad to see 7 of 9 will be in it, she is one of my favourites Star Trek actor/actress's.

(Although not sure how she can fit in the time-line, wasnt Voyager many years into the future from Next Gen? ) 

They make it back during TNG era.  Janeway is in Nemesis and is an admiral by then.

Riker and Troi are also going to be in it at some point.

I'm sure I read somewhere this show was going to be Picard reminiscing on the past and a much slower paced show on the whole.  Then they put the trailer out.  ?

They've also released the short treks trailer and we have more Pike and Spock on the way.

Great times to be a Trek fan!

• Like 1

On 15/07/2019 at 17:37, RumbleFox said:

Started it when it came out but for some reason only just got round to watching the final episode.  Brutal.  I actually can't think of many better direcors that Meadows, pretty much everything he's done is incredible.  X

Incredible indeed,  a hard but gripping watch, there were parts in This is England and the following series which were incredibly difficult to view, he’s got a way of directing which makes the viewer feel like they could be watching a documentary. 

You summed it up with “brutal” the harshness of life all there to see.

• Like 1

Anyone watched House of Cards with Kevin Spacey all the way through?

Quite enjoyed the first few eps of S1 but not sure if I cba to invest time in the whole thing or not. 

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Quite enjoyed the first few eps of S1 but not sure if I cba to invest time in the whole thing or not. 

It is fabulous, very enjoyable... UNTIL the final season...an absolute mess. But the rest of it is certainly worth watching  imo

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

It’s probably my favourite show, really good. Just DO NOT watch the final season. It showed how much he made it and he shouldn’t have been sacked.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

watched a show called You on Netflix. Well worth a watch, really enjoyed it. Only 1 season 10 episodes approx. 45 mins an episode so not a time consuming show to get through.

Thought it was good - enjoyed it.

• Like 1